Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

11 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

They were garbage many times and Wentz kept plays alive at times too. Same with the defense they always seemed to give up an easy score after every offensive score too. Again the whole fricking team sucked but the QB always gets the most blame. 

When the team was rolling in 2017, who got the most credit? -  Mister "almost MVP".  

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

When the team was rolling in 2017, who got the most credit? -  Mister "almost MVP".  

Now that Wentz is gone, I want to get something off my chest about that; I don’t think he wins that mvp award if he plays all 16.  Everyone talks as if it was a given that he wins it.  I’m pretty sure Brady was ahead of Wentz in Vegas odds just prior to the injury.

8 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Now that Wentz is gone, I want to get something off my chest about that; I don’t think he wins that mvp award if he plays all 16.  Everyone talks as if it was a given that he wins it.  I’m pretty sure Brady was ahead of Wentz in Vegas odds just prior to the injury.

Vegas odds are designed to get people to bet. Hell he almost won it without playing all 16

1 hour ago, greend said:

Vegas odds are designed to get people to bet. Hell he almost won it without playing all 16

No he didn’t. Tom Brady 40 votes, Gurley 8, Wentz 2.

On December 6th ESPN released an article saying Brady was ahead of Wentz in the MVP race.

Wentz wasn’t going to beat Brady regardless of the stats.

1 minute ago, MillerTime said:

On December 6th ESPN released an article saying Brady was ahead of Wentz in the MVP race.

So you are saying he wasn't even an almost MVP? 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So you are saying he wasn't even an almost MVP? 

He didn’t even get 2nd so no he wasn’t

I think he would have got 2nd without being injured. 

7 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

ESPN article on December 28th

https://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/23515/eagles-carson-wentz-has-a-case-for-league-mvp

10 hours ago, eagle45 said:

11 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

That 2017 Eagles team was loaded. We had an elite line, a top 3 TE, a pounding running back (and later Ajayi), a solid number 1 WR, a very good number 2 WR and a speed receiver to keep a safety occupied. Plus we had a top 5 D.

Not saying that Wentz didn't play well, he really did, but the play of Foles (apart from that shocking Oakland game in the win), showed how good that team was.

4 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

That 2017 Eagles team was loaded. We had an elite line, a top 3 TE, a pounding running back (and later Ajayi), a solid number 1 WR, a very good number 2 WR and a speed receiver to keep a safety occupied. Plus we had a top 5 D.

Not saying that Wentz didn't play well, he really did, but the play of Foles (apart from that shocking Oakland game in the win), showed how good that team was.

Yeah now you can say that team was loaded, hardly anyone thought they were going to be that good going into the season because the preseason was so dreadful. Even after the Chiefs game people were pissed off and thought they were going no where and were already calling for Pedersons head. Wentz having that major jump from rookie year to his second year was a major factor in them turning out to be a great football team especially after the injuries started to pile up. 

4 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Yes. I saw that when looking for the other article. They were neck and neck. The article even mentions they usually give it to the QB whose team has the best record anyway

49 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Yes he was. (See how that's done?)

2 hours ago, greend said:

Yes he was. (See how that's done?)

No he wasn’t, he got 3rd.

Wentz was the front running candidate for MVP when he got hurt.  But if you hated/hate Wentz, then you will of course say he wasn't. 

2 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Wentz was the front running candidate for MVP when he got hurt.  But if you hated/hate Wentz, then you will of course say he wasn't. 

I don’t hate Wentz at all. According to that ESPN article on dec 6th Tom Brady was

2 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

I don’t hate Wentz at all. According to that ESPN article on dec 6th Tom Brady was

Dude ESPN doesn't pick the MVP. 

17 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

No he wasn’t, he got 3rd.

Yes, he would have but got injured.

7 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

He's just negative (personally I can't understand why?)

Who. Cares.  You guys are really arguing over something that's 4 years old, about a player that's not even on this team anymore.  

Move on. 

25 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Dude ESPN doesn't pick the MVP. 

I know, its voted on by 50 sportswriters.

49 minutes ago, greend said:

Yes, he would have but got injured.

The comment was he almost won it without playing all 16 and i said no he didn’t, he got 3rd.

I said if he didn’t get injured he would have got 2nd based on sportswriters writing Brady was who they thought would win before Wentz got hurt.

5 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

The comment was he almost won it without playing all 16 and i said no he didn’t, he got 3rd.

I said if he didn’t get injured he would have got 2nd based on sportswriters writing Brady was who they thought would win before Wentz got hurt.

And some sports casters thought he was in it until the end. Man dude, seriously? 

2 minutes ago, greend said:

And some sports casters thought he was in it until the end. Man dude, seriously? 

He got 2 votes out of 50. Hell in the article i posted he only got 2 out of 10 before getting injured. He also was 26th in completion percentage. He wasn’t beating Brady injured or not. 

15 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

He got 2 votes out of 50. Hell in the article i posted he only got 2 out of 10 before getting injured. He also was 26th in completion percentage. He wasn’t beating Brady injured or not. 

or was he?

2 hours ago, MillerTime said:

2 hours ago, MillerTime said:

or was he?

I will turn this car around if you two don't knock it the hell off!

Archived