Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

15 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

I still can’t believe he’s gone 

I know, we really dodged a bullet there!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

It doesn't tell anyone anything, 'it didn't go how we wanted it to'  I'm not being funny a team just ate the biggest dead cap charge in history to be rid of your sorry ass and all you've got to say is it didn't go how we wanted it to and I didn't get bent out of shape with Doug Pederson?  You sure as crap got out of shape with someone, why not tell the truth? Why not put it all on the table, it's not like Irsay is going to cancel your contract if you give Howie, Doug or Jeff a long distance kick in the twig and berries, it's not like you're hoping to come back to Philly one day.

There was never going to be a good time to speak or the perfect thing to say.  Whereas I think he handled it like a professional and answered the questions well enough for most, you think he cut it all short and should have buried his former team.  I have no problem with that opinion.  However, that is just two of the many opinions that exist as people dissect every word and movement and play going forward.  Personally, I don't need to hear any more reasons or excuses about it from Carson.  He's gone and we have a new QB . The best thing we can all do is let it play out and then judge if the parties involved made the right decisions.

14 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

It doesn't tell anyone anything, 'it didn't go how we wanted it to'  I'm not being funny a team just ate the biggest dead cap charge in history to be rid of your sorry ass and all you've got to say is it didn't go how we wanted it to and I didn't get bent out of shape with Doug Pederson?  You sure as crap got out of shape with someone, why not tell the truth? Why not put it all on the table, it's not like Irsay is going to cancel your contract if you give Howie, Doug or Jeff a long distance kick in the twig and berries, it's not like you're hoping to come back to Philly one day.

Meh ... some people just aren’t wired to bash others.  I don’t know that I’d feel any better about the whole situation had he done so.  

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

There was never going to be a good time to speak or the perfect thing to say.  Whereas I think he handled it like a professional and answered the questions well enough for most, you think he cut it all short and should have buried his former team.  I have no problem with that opinion.  However, that is just two of the many opinions that exist as people dissect every word and movement and play going forward.  Personally, I don't need to hear any more reasons or excuses about it from Carson.  He's gone and we have a new QB . The best thing we can all do is let it play out and then judge if the parties involved made the right decisions.

We do?

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

Meh ... some people just aren’t wired to bash others.  I don’t know that I’d feel any better about the whole situation had he done so.  

This.... There is absolutely no point in bashing the Eagles or Doug other then to fuel the ones that want nothing more then to keep piling on Wentz. He's happy and for a lot in here they should be too

On 3/31/2021 at 12:34 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

This.... There is absolutely no point in bashing the Eagles or Doug other then to fuel the ones that want nothing more then to keep piling on Wentz. He's happy and for a lot in here they should be too

I don’t mind people being critical of others especially if it’s warranted ( looking at you Chip Kelly) but what I don’t get is people who are bashing Hurts (the player not the actual pick) or Sirianni when their careers haven’t even started yet. 

On 3/30/2021 at 7:28 PM, time2rock said:

And some fans just gotta hate him. Sorry but I thought the interview went well and I felt like he was being honest. Some things he even said "I'm not going to speak on that". Seems to me that the haters got what they wanted and they still can't put it to rest. Let's move on and hope that Hurts is our "franchise quarterback"

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t mind people being critical of others especially if it’s warranted ( looking at you Chip Kelly) but what I don’t get is people who are bashing Hurts (the player not the actual pick) or Sirianni when their careers haven’t even started yet. 

I won't bash any player this early in their career the pick itself? Absolutely, I'll leave Hurts alone for now he seems like a great kid with a great head on his shoulders. Hopefully he can do something before they unleash the hounds on him. 

I know you don't want to hear it but, Wentz was viewed the same way at some point do I'm a bit skeptical

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I won't bash any player this early in their career the pick itself? Absolutely, I'll leave Hurts alone for now he seems like a great kid with a great head on his shoulders. Hopefully he can do something before they unleash the hounds on him. 

I know you don't want to hear it but, Wentz was viewed the same way at some point do I'm a bit skeptical

Would be nice to give him some weapons for a real evaluation.

27 minutes ago, greend said:

And some fans just gotta hate him. Sorry but I thought the interview went well and I felt like he was being honest. Some things he even said "I'm not going to speak on that". Seems to me that the haters got what they wanted and they still can't put it to rest. Let's move on and hope that Hurts is our "franchise quarterback"

Exactly where I am.  Whatever happened is water under the bridge.  Don’t feel like wasting energy wondering what happened and why ... doesn’t matter anymore. 

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Exactly where I am.  Whatever happened is water under the bridge.  Don’t feel like wasting energy wondering what happened and why ... doesn’t matter anymore. 

And at the end of the day we won't know of anyone's lying or not anyways

On 3/30/2021 at 5:10 PM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Carson may be smart enough to know that one doesn't burn bridges in the NFL while still playing in the NFL. There are 31 teams watching how this plays out and if they'd consider signing Carson should the opportunity/need arise. The guy who badmouths his former employer would not be helping himself in most cases. The one exception would be where the employer richly deserves it and the entire NFL community knows it. Howie and the Eagles don't qualify there.

4 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Would be nice to give him some weapons for a real evaluation.

Some guy won four playoff games with those same weapons to include a Super Bowl. With that being the case Howie had planets of chances to get him some weapons, but he not only whiffed, he thought it was a good idea to get his backup. SMH. 

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I viewed Wentz on many spectrums actually. I thought as a rookie he did good things and bad. You could see the flaws in his game but I thought all of the quarterbacks could help him develop. By the end of his second season I thought (if he can stay healthy) he could be a top three player in the league. By the end of his forth season he seemed like a somewhat irrational player who still didn’t win enough big games against good opponents and I did wonder about his durability. By the end of his last season I don’t think he’s mentally capable of beating any real difficult teams or beating anyone in the playoffs. With that all being the case this was an evolution of thought. It certainly wasn’t based off four games or before a coach even started. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Some guy won four playoff games with those same weapons to include a Super Bowl. With that being the case Howie had planets of chances to get him some weapons, but he not only whiffed, he thought it was a good idea to get his backup. SMH. 

Nah man. Not the same weapons. That year we had Alshon who cared, Nelly who was able to catch, Ertz that actually tried. This year Hurts has no ones. Unless Fulgham gets back to what he did in that 4 game stretch. Goedert stays healthy. Maybe Ward. But that's nowhere near the same talent. Hurts is setup for failure. With that said. I did say we need a QB that creates plays with his legs to either gain yards or buy the WRs time to get open. 

21 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Nah man. Not the same weapons. That year we had Alshon who cared, Nelly who was able to catch, Ertz that actually tried. This year Hurts has no ones. Unless Fulgham gets back to what he did in that 4 game stretch. Goedert stays healthy. Maybe Ward. But that's nowhere near the same talent. Hurts is setup for failure. With that said. I did say we need a QB that creates plays with his legs to either gain yards or buy the WRs time to get open. 

I'm probably plumb full O' crap but I wonder if JJAW might do something. Carson wasn't big on throwing jump balls, at least not on purpose. Aren't catches in traffic supposed to be JJAW and Alshon's forte? That could explain Carson not being Alshon's best bud. I guess we'll find soon enough

11 hours ago, eglz1 said:

I'm probably plumb full O' crap but I wonder if JJAW might do something. Carson wasn't big on throwing jump balls, at least not on purpose. Aren't catches in traffic supposed to be JJAW and Alshon's forte? That could explain Carson not being Alshon's best bud. I guess we'll find soon enough

I mean it could be that yeah. JJAW has made a couple of impressive grabs. But there's more to it than that. I mean he didn't even make the field a lot of the time. This is a team who played Hollins for over a month despite not having a single catch because they liked how he blocked. This is a team who kept Alshon on the active roster and wasting a roster spot for weeks despite knowing he didn't have a great on field rapport with Wentz. Quite simply JJAW just isn't very good. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean it could be that yeah. JJAW has made a couple of impressive grabs. But there's more to it than that. I mean he didn't even make the field a lot of the time. This is a team who played Hollins for over a month despite not having a single catch because they liked how he blocked. This is a team who kept Alshon on the active roster and wasting a roster spot for weeks despite knowing he didn't have a great on field rapport with Wentz. Quite simply JJAW just isn't very good. 

The fact the Eagles even played Fulgham showed how desperate they were to actually put someone out there. All of the rookie wide receivers from last years draft surpassed JJAW. It’s hard to really blame anyone but JJAW for him not stepping up. 

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The fact the Eagles even played Fulgham showed how desperate they were to actually put someone out there. All of the rookie wide receivers from last years draft surpassed JJAW. It’s hard to really blame anyone but JJAW for him not stepping up. 

Agreed. I mean I think there are many reasons. The poor QB play won't have helped. The poor play calling. The stale offense. But ultimately if JJAW was out there doing what he needed to do then I think he would have had more opportunities despite the lack of targets and the QB issues.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. I mean I think there are many reasons. The poor QB play won't have helped. The poor play calling. The stale offense. But ultimately if JJAW was out there doing what he needed to do then I think he would have had more opportunities despite the lack of targets and the QB issues.

Even with the poor quarterback play Fulgham got a lot of opportunities. JJAW just didn’t prove he deserved the chances.

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Even with the poor quarterback play Fulgham got a lot of opportunities. JJAW just didn’t prove he deserved the chances.

Hmm Fulgham swiftly got benched once Alshon was healthy. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Purely favoriing expensive veterans. Should have started Fulgham...

19 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Purely favoriing expensive veterans. Should have started Fulgham...

Oh no doubt about that no doubt at all. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This is overblown and not true. Even with Alshons return Fulgham still had more snaps and more targets. It's a good possibility that Fulgham just sucks and that is why he has been bounced around on practice squads. 

42 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

This is overblown and not true. Even with Alshons return Fulgham still had more snaps and more targets. It's a good possibility that Fulgham just sucks and that is why he has been bounced around on practice squads. 

I mean look I'm not going to argue that. I think it's a mistake if this coaching staff think they can go in to this year with Fulgham as the X receiver. 

Archived