Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

3 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I have nothing but good memories of Schwartz and the green goblin. I will quote Bwestbrook36...."Let's move on." They are both somewhere also..so let's talk about the future...aka the draft and Free agency.

Fair enough good sir

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/7/2021 at 4:53 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

He did ok but, the guy also couldn't get enough of freaking Jalen Mills. He also couldn't get enough of Nathan Gerry. Schwartz isn't exactly innocent as to why he had garbage... He liked that garbage. His secondaries have always been pretty bad any place he has been. 

Not to mention some of that so called garbage played really well for a different D coordinator. 

I wasn't a fan of Schwartz for much of his time here, but given what he had to work with on the back end last season, he worked some minor miracles to keep us in games where the offense couldn't sustain a drive worth crap.

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I wasn't a fan of Schwartz for much of his time here, but given what he had to work with on the back end last season, he worked some minor miracles to keep us in games where the offense couldn't sustain a drive worth crap.

I agree, I didn't care for scheme all that much but he was one of th better D coordinator I'm the league. I just think there were times wher a player got in his dog house and stayed there and stunted the growth of some players. 

Does anyone else have this feeling that Wentz is going to be a MVP candidate again next year?  I just have this feeling that he is going to become a 4000/30 td guy with them. 

5 minutes ago, What The F said:

Does anyone else have this feeling that Wentz is going to be a MVP candidate again next year?  I just have this feeling that he is going to become a 4000/30 td guy with them. 

Absolutely, he is set up for success there. Weak division, good to great oline balanced attack solid WRs and a good defense to help him out and a GM that stays out of the way and just picks good players

43 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Absolutely, he is set up for success there. Weak division, good to great oline balanced attack solid WRs and a good defense to help him out and a GM that stays out of the way and just picks good players

I think he's going to be better absolutely. I think he's probably going to be good. If I had to guess I'd say he'll be in that 10-20 range of starting QBs in the NFL? Most likely above average.

2 hours ago, What The F said:

Think he'll have a good year, yes. Hope he does. Gets us a first and hopefully leads to Howie being out the door. Would be beneficial for us IMO.

Now we just have to hope Hurts is better.

2 hours ago, What The F said:

I'm not sure what Carson really is. He has ALWAYS held the ball too long and makes very slow decisions, which doesn't fly in the NFL. If they give him an elite offensive line that buys him 2-3 exta seconds every play, then he has a chance of being decent. If not, I see him as being average, at most. I say this as a former Carson fan. I say former, because I can't back a quitter, and he quit here. He would not face QB competition against a rookie QB. I'm not sure if I burn his jersey or use it for ass wipe during a toilet paper crisis.

27 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Think he'll have a good year, yes. Hope he does. Gets us a first and hopefully leads to Howie being out the door. Would be beneficial for us IMO.

Now we just have to hope Hurts is better.

:lol: God that would be great but I just don't think that'll happen

Hell I think he'll be a career backup but I hope he makes me wrong

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

:lol: God that would be great but I just don't think that'll happen

Hell I think he'll be a career backup but I hope he makes me wrong

I don't, either. I'm one of his biggest critics on this site, but I would love a nice plate of crow.

4 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I'm not sure what Carson really is. He has ALWAYS held the ball too long and makes very slow decisions, which doesn't fly in the NFL. If they give him an elite offensive line that buys him 2-3 exta seconds every play, then he has a chance of being decent. If not, I see him as being average, at most. I say this as a former Carson fan. I say former, because I can't back a quitter, and he quit here. He would not face QB competition against a rookie QB. I'm not sure if I burn his jersey or use it for ass wipe during a toilet paper crisis.

With what's come out with Howie and Lurie, I'm not sure being afraid to face QB competition is the whole story. Some of it? Probably. Have you ever been in a situation where you know full well it's FUBAR but didn't feel you could do anything about it? And maybe felt like you got stabbed in the back. Did you stay and fight what you were pretty sure was a losing battle?

7 hours ago, What The F said:

Nope. I think the opposite.  He would have to be willing to work on his mechanics to really fix his issues. I think he is focused on blaming it to bad luck and bad coaching.

17 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Nope. I think the opposite.  He would have to be willing to work on his mechanics to really fix his issues. I think he is focused on blaming it to bad luck and bad coaching.

If he does he deserves to fail. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I guess we'll all see soon enough.

King NAILS it.

Peter King said he was "mind-boggled” by Carson Wentz’s behavior over the past few months and the series of events that led to the Eagles’ one-time quarterback of the future winding up with the Colts.P

King, speaking on the Eagle Eye podcast on Thursday, said he blames Wentz for the deterioration of the quarterback’s relationship with the Eagles and said it made perfect sense for the Eagles to draft Jalen Hurts considering Wentz’s injury history.

"I’m honestly mind-boggled by the reaction of Carson Wentz,” King said. "This is the big-boy league. You’ve got to understand that the best part of ability is availability, and if you’re not there or might not be there, that team has to buy insurance for if you’re not there. I believe – and one of the reasons why I thought Jalen Hurts was a good pick – that the backup quarterback is one of the most important people on your team. Because you better be sure that if your starting quarterback gets hurt, your season isn’t over. [...]

"I’m probably the only person in the media who loved the pick, because in my opinion, if you can’t be sure that Carson Wentz is going to play the full year, you don’t want to have to rely on Nate Sudfeld to play six or eight games for you to get you into the playoffs. You want a good backup quarterback who can play and win games for you.”

King, who's covered the NFL for 42 years, now writes the popular weekly Football Morning in America NFL notes column on NBC Sports Philadelphia, appears with Mike Florio on PFT Live and appears regularly on Football Night in America, the most-watched studio show in sports.

King was incredulous that Wentz was seemingly so upset that the Eagles selected Hurts in the second round of last year’s draft that he wound up asking to be traded.

"He obviously responded very negatively to Jalen Hurts being drafted,” King said. "Like, ‘Oh my God, they’re bringing in somebody to take my place or to put pressure on me or to play mind games,’ whatever it is he’s thinking. He’s probably never going to say it, but we know that he’s got to be ticked off about this. 

"I look at Tom Brady in 2014, where all he’s done at that point is win four Super Bowls for New England, and now in the draft that year, here comes at the end of the second round, here comes Jimmy Garoppolo, a guy who’s being drafted to replace Brady, who was 37 at that time. And Tom Brady, here’s how he responded. The next four years he wins the MVP once and he wins two Super Bowls. And so to me that’s how a competitor responds. A competitor responds and says you are never ever taking my job. You know? And Carson Wentz just says, ‘OK, you want this guy? Let me get out of here.’”

King shared another story about Brady, this one from the fall of 1997, when he was buried on the University of Michigan depth chart behind several other quarterbacks, including Brian Griese.

"When Tom Brady was a sophomore at Michigan, he was like 5th or 6th on the depth chart still,” King said. "And he goes in and tells Lloyd Carr he’s going to transfer, and Lloyd Carr says, ‘OK, we’ll let you out if you want to go. But you’re going to have the same problem wherever you go. You’re going to be in a group of quarterbacks and you’re going to have to beat them out. 

"We love you. We think you’re good. I think you’re going to be the quarterback of this team one day. I don’t know when, but I think you’re going to be the quarterback. Stay here, fight it out. You’ll win the job.’ And Brady thought about it and he thought, ‘OK, as angry as I am about where I am on the depth chart, I think he’s right. I will win this job.’ Where was that in Carson Wentz? It bugs me a little bit. I like Carson Wentz. I don’t think he responded to this very well.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/carson-wentzs-behavior-eagles-was-mind-boggling-says-peter-king?fbclid=IwAR1RgbfheXWWFkVmtFKtwbTKbHni6a1XsjnC_lyomG-3LBgvT1ybyLM6vyI

3 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

King NAILS it.

Can honestly see the argument for both sides, but I don't disagree with King at all.

1 hour ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

King NAILS it.

It was a mind bogglingly stupid pick in round one and King saying he's the only one in the league that loved it proves that point. That said once again people are blindly going by hearsay. 

Find me a quote where Carson said he didn't want to have competition.

9 minutes ago, greend said:

It was a mind bogglingly stupid pick in round one and King saying he's the only one in the league that loved it proves that point. That said once again people are blindly going by hearsay.

No, it was actually a smart pick because Wentz is an injury-prone crybaby. Just because a pick was unpopular does not mean it was stupid. Lots of times the popular opinion is not the correct one. King obviously didn't buy into the groupthink that plagues so many in the business and among the fans. I liked the pick when it happened, too. I wasn't giving up on Carson at that point, but I thought Hurts was a good insurance policy.

Find me a quote where Carson said he didn't want to have competition.

Lol, you're not going to find a quote like that. That'd basically be Carson admitting that he's mentally weak.

27 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

No, it was actually a smart pick because Wentz is an injury-prone crybaby. Just because a pick was unpopular does not mean it was stupid. Lots of times the popular opinion is not the correct one. King obviously didn't buy into the groupthink that plagues so many in the business and among the fans. I liked the pick when it happened, too. I wasn't giving up on Carson at that point, but I thought Hurts was a good insurance policy.

Lol, you're not going to find a quote like that. That'd basically be Carson admitting that he's mentally weak.

Okay hater. Moving on

1 minute ago, greend said:

Okay hater. Moving on

Wentz's injury history and tendencies for griping/whining/sulking when things don't go his way are well-documented. I basically stated facts, and you replied with an ad-hominem, so you got nothing.

7 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Wentz's injury history and tendencies for griping/whining/sulking when things don't go his way are well-documented. I basically stated facts, and you replied with an ad-hominem, so you got nothing.

Lol, okay sure. Show me the the whining/griping/sulking documentation. Facts are some of you just hate the guy, pretty easy to see, honestly. 

Lol, okay sure. Show me the the whining/griping/sulking documentation. Facts are some of you just hate the guy, pretty easy to see, honestly. 

This has been re-hashed so many times over, I really don't care to post the same s*** again. I've explained these things multiple times throughout this very thread. If you want to understand, go find my posts in here. There have been many reports describing an attitude problem with Wentz, and with me, it's honestly just confirming things that I started to sense at the beginning of the 2019 season. I don't hate the guy, but I've completely soured on him as an NFL QB because the inclinations that I had about his entitlement and lack of accountability have been borne out by the trainwreck we've witnessed over the last several years. I never once said the organization was blameless. They cultivated Wentz's shortcomings and allowed it to fester, but it sure doesn't seem like he was holding up his end of the bargain.

I could easily flip your statement around and say that some of you people are just infatuated with him and, no matter what comes out, it will always be someone else's fault beside Wentz's. I really don't get it. The guy pulls a fast one on the team after being handed a lucrative contract, and you guys want to defend the QB? This sure isn't the fanbase I used to know. Philly kills QBs all the time for things that are petty or beyond their control, but when you have a legitimate instance of the QB acting unprofessional, it's like he's above reproach to some of you. It's just weird to me.

22 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

This has been re-hashed so many times over, I really don't care to post the same s*** again. I've explained these things multiple times throughout this very thread. If you want to understand, go find my posts in here. There have been many reports describing an attitude problem with Wentz, and with me, it's honestly just confirming things that I started to sense at the beginning of the 2019 season. I don't hate the guy, but I've completely soured on him as an NFL QB because the inclinations that I had about his entitlement and lack of accountability have been borne out by the trainwreck we've witnessed over the last several years. I never once said the organization was blameless. They cultivated Wentz's shortcomings and allowed it to fester, but it sure doesn't seem like he was holding up his end of the bargain.

I could easily flip your statement around and say that some of you people are just infatuated with him and, no matter what comes out, it will always be someone else's fault beside Wentz's. I really don't get it. The guy pulls a fast one on the team after being handed a lucrative contract, and you guys want to defend the QB? This sure isn't the fanbase I used to know. Philly kills QBs all the time for things that are petty or beyond their control, but when you have a legitimate instance of the QB acting unprofessional, it's like he's above reproach to some of you. It's just weird to me.

Nah, I'm not looking around for your posts. I simply said that King was incorrect and you jumped in with the crybaby whiner stuff. I'm perfectly happy to move on, King isn't going to influence my thinking though, it was a very stupid pick, but I doubt it had anything to do with how Carson played other than if that pick had been an actual weapon.

56 minutes ago, greend said:

Nah, I'm not looking around for your posts. I simply said that King was incorrect and you jumped in with the crybaby whiner stuff.

You said King was incorrect because most people thought otherwise at the time. Not really the strongest argument.

Everytime Wentz walked off the field after a bad play, what did he do? He threw up his hands or shook his head, looking red-faced with his lips pursed, then walked back to the end of the bench and sat all by his lonesome, furiously flipping through a tablet. I rarely saw engagement between him and the team when they were in a tough situation. In fact, it was usually his teammates who had to find HIM for a pat on the back or a high-five after an INT or stalled drive.

Remember when the stuff came out that he was bent out of shape because the QB coach "pushed him too hard" or something to that effect? I believe it was described as "Wentz  likes to be coached a certain way." So, the organization replaced the QB coach with someone inexperienced and that Wentz could be buddies with.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

What’s going on in the next 48 hours?

Archived