Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hmm Fulgham swiftly got benched once Alshon was healthy. 

The point is JJAW was there the whole time and couldn’t even supplant a PS player off the scrap heap. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/4/2021 at 7:51 AM, EazyEaglez said:

The point is JJAW was there the whole time and couldn’t even supplant a PS player off the scrap heap. 

I still can't believe that dumb sheet used a #2 on Whiteside, why Lurie puts up with his ignorance is beyond me.

6 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I still can't believe that dumb sheet used a #2 on Whiteside, why Lurie puts up with his ignorance is beyond me.

Lurie's the one who drafted JJAW.

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Lurie's the one who drafted JJAW.

I guess that's why he puts up with the Dumb Sheet's ignorance, they're both ignorant. 

The lack of a creditable GM is ruining the Eagles.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

I guess that's why he puts up with the Dumb Sheet's ignorance, they're both ignorant. 

The lack of a creditable GM is ruining the Eagles.

It's not even so much about a great GM as it is relying on the scouts..that observe these guys for years. Matter of Trust. If Johnny come lately is arrogant he will always dismiss scout opinions. Getting drafting right requires a lot of pieces to function in harmony, and even more importantly egos in check. 

4 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Getting drafting right requires a lot of pieces to function in harmony, and even more importantly egos in check. 

I guess it's safe to say that there's a lot of dysfunction in the player personnel department.

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I guess it's safe to say that there's a lot of dysfunction in the player personnel department.

Dysfunction everywhere...Schwartz is retiring...then boom...goes to the Titans

4 minutes ago, no1birdsfan said:

Rumor has it he was one of the few people in the organization who actually criticized Wentz. Talk about full circle though Schwartz in early 2017 just knew he was going to become head coach of the Eagles cause Doug was going to screw up, but by the end of 2020 he was so fed up with the Eagles FO he just wanted out. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Rumor has it he was one of the few people in the organization who actually criticized Wentz. Talk about full circle though Schwartz in early 2017 just knew he was going to become head coach of the Eagles cause Doug was going to screw up, but by the end of 2020 he was so fed up with the Eagles FO he just wanted out. 

Meh, his contract ran out we didn't want him back anyways. 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I’m not sure if we have gotten better there though. We will see. 

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

FO was not exactly supplying him with top draft talent. He was forced to play with some out of position CBs. With what he was given Schwartz did OK.

25 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

FO was not exactly supplying him with top draft talent. He was forced to play with some out of position CBs. With what he was given Schwartz did OK.

He did ok but, the guy also couldn't get enough of freaking Jalen Mills. He also couldn't get enough of Nathan Gerry. Schwartz isn't exactly innocent as to why he had garbage... He liked that garbage. His secondaries have always been pretty bad any place he has been. 

Not to mention some of that so called garbage played really well for a different D coordinator. 

1 hour ago, no1birdsfan said:

So what.

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He did ok but, the guy also couldn't get enough of freaking Jalen Mills. He also couldn't get enough of Nathan Gerry. Schwartz isn't exactly innocent as to why he had garbage... He liked that garbage. His secondaries have always been pretty bad any place he has been. 

Not to mention some of that so called garbage played really well for a different D coordinator. 

Let's go to Wikipedia:

"On January 19, 2016, Schwartz was hired by the Philadelphia Eagles to be their defensive coordinator under coach Doug Pederson.[27] Inheriting one of the league's worst defenses, Schwartz made an immediate impact. Implementing his 4-3 defense, Schwartz turned around the defense that previously ranked 30th in yards allowed and 28th in points allowed to 13th and 12th in his first season and fourth in both categories during his second.[28] He would eventually lead the defense to his and the Eagles' first Super Bowl championship in Super Bowl LII."

Anyone!!!! Anyone!!!! who inherits leagues worst defense, and in 1 year turns it into 12/13th, leading to the Eagles first Super Bowl EVER!!!! Deserves nothing but everlasting Thank You..instead of criticism and cynicism.  Thank You Jim!!!! You helped us to get one!!!!

1 minute ago, Traveler Vic said:

Let's go to Wikipedia:

"On January 19, 2016, Schwartz was hired by the Philadelphia Eagles to be their defensive coordinator under coach Doug Pederson.[27] Inheriting one of the league's worst defenses, Schwartz made an immediate impact. Implementing his 4-3 defense, Schwartz turned around the defense that previously ranked 30th in yards allowed and 28th in points allowed to 13th and 12th in his first season and fourth in both categories during his second.[28] He would eventually lead the defense to his and the Eagles' first Super Bowl championship in Super Bowl LII."

Anyone!!!! Anyone!!!! who inherits leagues worst defense, and in 1 year turns it into 12/13th, leading to the Eagles first Super Bowl EVER!!!! Deserves nothing but everlasting Thank You..instead of criticism and cynicism.  Thank You Jim!!!! You helped us to get one!!!!

Yay!!! That was 5 years ago time to move on

9 hours ago, no1birdsfan said:

Really??  Didn't know that.

7 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Let's go to Wikipedia:

Super Bowl LII will be remembered as one of the best ever.

Turns out, statistically, it was the best ever.

Philadelphia and New England combined to produce the most combined total yards in a game in NFL history Sunday, racking up an eye-popping 1,151 yards in the contest (topping 1950's Los Angeles Rams-New York Yanks 1,133-yard explosion). That total included 505 yards passing from Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who shredded his own previous record (set last year in Super Bowl LI) of 466 -- despite losing burner Brandin Cooks before halftime -- and became the first quarterback to break 10,000 postseason passing yards. New England's 33 points were also the most scored in a loss in Super Bowl history.

Yea thanks a lot gym shorts. If the offense hadn't balled out it would have been Super Bowl loss number 3.

17 minutes ago, Perforator said:

Super Bowl LII will be remembered as one of the best ever.

Turns out, statistically, it was the best ever.

Philadelphia and New England combined to produce the most combined total yards in a game in NFL history Sunday, racking up an eye-popping 1,151 yards in the contest (topping 1950's Los Angeles Rams-New York Yanks 1,133-yard explosion). That total included 505 yards passing from Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who shredded his own previous record (set last year in Super Bowl LI) of 466 -- despite losing burner Brandin Cooks before halftime -- and became the first quarterback to break 10,000 postseason passing yards. New England's 33 points were also the most scored in a loss in Super Bowl history.

Yea thanks a lot gym shorts. If the offense hadn't balled out it would have been Super Bowl loss number 3.

We wouldn't have been there without the Atlanta game. 

17 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

"fed up with the front office" seems to be something of a recurring theme, doesn't it?

16 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

So what.

That's what I'm saying, it's not like he retired to get out of his contract with the Eagles. He had no contract who cares what he did or didn't do he wasn't going to be here anyways

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

"fed up with the front office" seems to be something of a recurring theme, doesn't it?

Yup. Even Doug was fed up with the FO. Wentz forced his way out cause of the FO. The fans are pretty done with Howie and starting to get tired of Jeff. Meanwhile all they seem to do is pat themselves on the back for some reason. 

18 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

People crap on Jalen Mills, but considering the used a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th, signed and, traded for other talent and none of those guys panned out why do we get so bent out of shape over the seventh round pick? Jalen Mills isn’t as good as he thinks he is, but he’s also not as bad as people think he is. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

People crap on Jalen Mills, but considering the used a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th, signed and, traded for other talent and none of those guys panned out why do we get so bent out of shape over the seventh round pick? Jalen Mills isn’t as good as he thinks he is, but he’s also not as bad as people think he is. 

I actually love jalen mills I'm just saying they spent a lot on defense for the 2017 season. Some how they can't find a way to make any of that talent work? I think Schwartz gets his mind made up on certain players and doesn't bother to work with them any further then goes back to the lesser talented guys that play hard for him even if it gets his defense burnt. 

43 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I actually love jalen mills I'm just saying they spent a lot on defense for the 2017 season. Some how they can't find a way to make any of that talent work? I think Schwartz gets his mind made up on certain players and doesn't bother to work with them any further then goes back to the lesser talented guys that play hard for him even if it gets his defense burnt. 

Sidney Jones had a lot of chances. He just blew it when he was out there. Mills was injured for nearly a year and no one stepped up. I don’t know if that’s on Schwartz or the players, but those guys had chances and either couldn’t stay healthy or didn’t step up. I mean the Eagles traded for Ron Darby to be the guy and he just never delivered. 

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I have nothing but good memories of Schwartz and the green goblin. I will quote Bwestbrook36...."Let's move on." They are both somewhere also..so let's talk about the future...aka the draft and Free agency.

Archived