Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

25 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

And we should care about his opinion because...?

You’re going kiss the Wentz bag regardless so. 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You’re going kiss the Wentz bag regardless so. 🤷‍♂️

And you're going to kiss the bag of anyone that says something negative.

Pot meet kettle.

27 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

And you're going to kiss the bag of anyone that says something negative.

Pot meet kettle.

Don’t worry bud. Your asset will be out there throwing picks all over the place next year too. 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Don’t worry bud. Your asset will be out there throwing picks all over the place next year too. 

Yes sir, he will be throwing picks next year just like every QB in the league.

1 hour ago, ShutDownDB said:

Yes sir, he will be throwing picks next year just like every QB in the league.

I’m sure he will make a grand old show of it. Didn’t realize Manning, Rodgers, and Montana were only good, because of their head coaches. 

25 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m sure he will make a grand old show of it. Didn’t realize Manning, Rodgers, and Montana were only good, because of their head coaches. 

Doug and Carson both sucked in 2020. What's your point?

1 hour ago, ShutDownDB said:

Doug and Carson both sucked in 2020. What's your point?

My point is Quarterbacks don’t suck because of coaches. Teams suck because of coaching yes, nevertheless Aaron Rodgers is still Aaron Rodgers. It seems Carson is the only quarterback in the world who stunk because of his coach. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

My point is Quarterbacks don’t suck because of coaches. Teams suck because of coaching yes, nevertheless Aaron Rodgers is still Aaron Rodgers. It seems Carson is the only quarterback in the world who stunk because of his coach. 

Who said Carson sucked because of his coach? Doug played a part in Wentz's terrible play in 2020, as did the offensive line, injuries and underwhelming WR play. However the largest amount of blame has to be laid at the feet of Carson.

I'd rather Carson stay in Philly and get right and be the QB we thought he would be, but please don't think I absolve him of any blame. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

There may be truth in what you said, but I do believe it falls on the coaches when your QB is struggling and you decide to pass 75% of your offensive snaps. It's even worse when the team you're playing against has struggled to stop the run and your own team is rushing for 5 ypc or more. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

There may be truth in what you said, but I do believe it falls on the coaches when your QB is struggling and you decide to pass 75% of your offensive snaps. It's even worse when the team you're playing against has struggled to stop the run and your own team is rushing for 5 ypc or more. 

Most teams pass a lot regardless. With that being the case a lot of times the Eagles were down in games and were forced to pass. A lot of teams who are down in games throw the ball 50-60 times. 

2 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

Who said Carson sucked because of his coach? Doug played a part in Wentz's terrible play in 2020, as did the offensive line, injuries and underwhelming WR play. However the largest amount of blame has to be laid at the feet of Carson.

I'd rather Carson stay in Philly and get right and be the QB we thought he would be, but please don't think I absolve him of any blame. 

Again it’s everyone but Carson. Rodgers has had multiple seasons leading the league in sacks. It didn’t make him a worse player. Again that seems to only happen to the ginger one.

55 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Again it’s everyone but Carson. Rodgers has had multiple seasons leading the league in sacks. It didn’t make him a worse player. Again that seems to only happen to the ginger one.

I literally said the majority of the blame is on Carson. Can you read? 

Sorry I'm not on the blame everything on Wentz bandwagon.

49 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

So if the majority is on Carson how’s he going to be better cause he has a new coach? 🤔🤔🙄

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So if the majority is on Carson how’s he going to be better cause he has a new coach? 🤔🤔🙄

Better coaching. Unless you think Press is a good QB coach? 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Most teams pass a lot regardless. With that being the case a lot of times the Eagles were down in games and were forced to pass. A lot of teams who are down in games throw the ball 50-60 times. 

That's not really accurate. Being down by one score does not a passing situation make. It's one thing when you are down 3 scores in the 4th quarter, but when you have half a game left to play or more than 2 minutes left in a half, you can still stay balanced. Good coaches find things that work and go away from things that aren't working. They find a way to mask problems that arise. It's AKA making adjustments. 

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

That's not really accurate. Being down by one score does not a passing situation make. It's one thing when you are down 3 scores in the 4th quarter, but when you have half a game left to play or more than 2 minutes left in a half, you can still stay balanced. Good coaches find things that work and go away from things that aren't working. They find a way to mask problems that arise. It's AKA making adjustments. 

I’ve looked at it many times. Teams who are losing tend to pass more. Back to the Eagles were there times where Doug could have ran more? Sure, but considering they’re paying all this money to Carson and he’s a five year vet is he wrong to expect him not to make some of the terrible turnovers he had last season? Is it too much to ask Carson not to fumble as many times as he did? Is it too much to ask for Carson not to throw into triple coverage and then in interviews act like he did nothing wrong? Let’s stop acting like this is okay, and let’s be real. If Carson is as good as everyone claims he is then he should be able to be counted on instead of being the liability he is. 

4 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

Better coaching. Unless you think Press is a good QB coach? 

Coaching has nothing to do with being a dope throwing into triple coverage. He sure didn’t mind that crappy QBs coaching now did he? This guy doesn’t like to be challenged or questioned. Who’s fault will it be with new coaches and Carson is still stinking? 

25 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Coaching has nothing to do with being a dope throwing into triple coverage. He sure didn’t mind that crappy QBs coaching now did he? This guy doesn’t like to be challenged or questioned. Who’s fault will it be with new coaches and Carson is still stinking? 

Oh it'll be the new coaches fault. It can't be Carsons fault no way. 

48 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Teams who are losing tend to pass more. 

Think about that. 

49 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Is it too much to ask Carson not to fumble as many times as he did?

He fumbled 10 times on 808 snaps. Yeah, you want to get that number down, but it's not surprising when your QB gets hit as much as Wentz. We replaced him with Hurts who totaled 334 snaps and fumbled 9 times. To put this in perspective, had Hurts played 808 snaps, that projects as 22 fumbles. So maybe Wentz' number could have been a lot worse afterall. 

55 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Is it too much to ask for Carson not to throw into triple coverage and then in interviews act like he did nothing wrong?  

We've been through this before. Wentz took responsibility for his mistakes in every interview. People just twist his answers. When he talks about being "aggressive" it's a style of play. Mahomes is aggressive and nobody has a problem with that. What people have a problem with are the mistakes and Wentz repeatedly said he needs to be better (in that area). 

Coaching has nothing to do with being a dope throwing into triple coverage. He sure didn’t mind that crappy QBs coaching now did he?  

I could have sworn I've seen posts from you and others suggesting the success we've had with Wentz came when Reich was OC and Defilippo was QB coach. 

This guy doesn’t like to be challenged or questioned.

Pure conjecture painted by the Philly media to get a reaction. 

40 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh it'll be the new coaches fault. It can't be Carsons fault no way. 

:rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Think about that. 

He fumbled 10 times on 808 snaps. Yeah, you want to get that number down, but it's not surprising when your QB gets hit as much as Wentz. We replaced him with Hurts who totaled 334 snaps and fumbled 9 times. To put this in perspective, had Hurts played 808 snaps, that projects as 22 fumbles. So maybe Wentz' number could have been a lot worse afterall. 

We've been through this before. Wentz took responsibility for his mistakes in every interview. People just twist his answers. When he talks about being "aggressive" it's a style of play. Mahomes is aggressive and nobody has a problem with that. What people have a problem with are the mistakes and Wentz repeatedly said he needs to be better (in that area). 

I could have sworn I've seen posts from you and others suggesting the success we've had with Wentz came when Reich was OC and Defilippo was QB coach. 

Pure conjecture painted by the Philly media to get a reaction. 

:rolleyes:

Carson said he’s not going to change who he is. He put as much blame on his teammates as he did himself. He did at least admit in the past he wasn’t always a good teammate yet for some reason that’s just ignored. Carson verified some of the rumors swirling about, but the apologists don’t care. Carson allowed rumors of him wanting out if he has to compete for his job, and says nothing to defuse the issue and the apologists don’t care. I’m not surprised though cause when he actually says something they really don’t care. Don’t worry. I’m sure you and the others will have plenty of new people to blame for faults next year too. I mean none of this can be on Carson right? For the record I don’t give Reich the adulation that some give him around here. I’ve always felt most of the Eagles problems and successes were talent related. As far as Deflip is concerned my stance has been Carson butted heads with the guy and never liked tough coaching. His mechanics haven’t really changed much since he was a rookie so if all that great coaching stuck why is he making rookie mistakes? I don’t see how a quarterback coach helps a guy to realize it’s very foolish to throw into triple coverage. I’m sure his coach last year repeatedly told him it’s not a good idea to throw into double and triple coverage, but he kept doing it anyway. Oh well he’s gone now. Sure hope the next guy is more carful. Desean Watson had one less sack than Carson still threw half as many picks as him and more than twice as many touchdowns. Carson had 6 fumbles on less than the league lead. He would have certainly passed that number if he kept playing. I digress. This argument is a complete waste of time and you’re not denying the fact Carson stunk last year, but for some odd reason you still wish to argue with me. If you’re telling me I’m wrong and Carson was really good last year prove it. Otherwise go bother someone else. 

11 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

No, they can't. 

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

But DeFilippo though... I agree that he doesnt like to be challenged, thats why press stuck around. But, not every coach is going to put up with his bull sh!t

Archived