Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

17 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not the type to need to know who is fully responsible to point the finger at. Although it would be nice to not see them scapegoating people and randomly deciding who they want to blame. As fans that's fine we have no say and don't have inside access. When it is clear that even the whole damn organization is unsure of who to blame, that's the problem

No one really even knows what Marty and Scangarello even did here. Somehow the passing coordinator and QB coach (which by the way neither were good despite who was in there) still has a job? 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

I know you and facts don't get along, but Flip got a promotion to OC with the Vikings.

Next he will tell you the Eagles could have used the franchise tag to keep Flipp from taking the OC job in Minny but Carson said not to do it. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

No one really even knows what Marty and Scangarello even did here. Somehow the passing coordinator and QB coach (which by the way neither were good despite who was in there) still has a job? 

Yes that's mind boggling, they said Doug doesn't hold players accountible but follow it with saying Doug was the only one that wanted carson on the bench... So did Doug make the tough decisions or not?

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes that's mind boggling, they said Doug doesn't hold players accountible but follow it with saying Doug was the only one that wanted carson on the bench... So did Doug make the tough decisions or not?

No one knows who is responsible for what around here. You know I wasn’t a big fan of Chip Kelly by I can understand how all the double dealing and FO sneak attacks could frustrate any head coach.

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

No one knows who is responsible for what around here. You know I wasn’t a big fan of Chip Kelly by I can understand how all the double dealing and FO sneak attacks could frustrate any head coach.

And you know I didn't like chip either. I agree though. What the hell is anyone supposed to do? No clear direction or structure. When I said I don't blame Carson for not trusting anyone it wasn't to say they didn't put faith in him because they did. My point was how can you trust anyone when you keep seeing different people being blamed week to week and a piss poor game plan and see the coaches continue to not help you when you are struggling. Wentz flat out sucked and a lot is on him but, like I said I don't blame him for losing faith in the coaching staff and the front office

20 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

And you know I didn't like chip either. I agree though. What the hell is anyone supposed to do? No clear direction or structure. When I said I don't blame Carson for not trusting anyone it wasn't to say they didn't put faith in him because they did. My point was how can you trust anyone when you keep seeing different people being blamed week to week and a piss poor game plan and see the coaches continue to not help you when you are struggling. Wentz flat out sucked and a lot is on him but, like I said I don't blame him for losing faith in the coaching staff and the front office

Yeah it’s hard to have a lot of faith in anyone that is a part of the organization right now. 

1 hour ago, ShutDownDB said:

I know you and facts don't get along, but Flip got a promotion to OC with the Vikings.

I’m talking about later when there was talk of Flip coming back but the diva vetoed it because Flip didn’t coddle him like his buddy Press Taylor does.

Everyone knows about this except Washers who are living in the alternate reality where Carson Wentz is a stud franchise QB.

5 minutes ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

You all should thank Carson if this power play ends up getting Doug fired. 

That’s exactly what’s happening.  This is a coup orchestrated by the diva and his minions.

The guy make not be great at football, but apparently his back room shenanigans and politicking skills are top notch.

1 minute ago, Arsenal79 said:

I’m talking about later when there was talk of Flip coming back but the diva vetoed it because Flip didn’t coddle him like his buddy Press Taylor does.

Everyone knows about this except Washers who are living in the alternate reality where Carson Wentz is a stud franchise QB.

Talk by who the media? Would that happen to be the same media that said Carson wants out even though they haven't spoken with him or his reps?

Here’s a question for those who want to keep Wentz...

How many qbs in NFL history were 28, had 4 years of starting experience in the league, never played a playoff game, and were given a starting job in year 5 at 29?

In nfl history...

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Here’s a question for those who want to keep Wentz...

How many qbs in NFL history were 28, had 4 years of starting experience in the league, never played a playoff game, and were given a starting job in year 5 at 29?

In nfl history...

Jim Plunkett, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon, Vinny Testaverde, Phil Simms, Dan Fouts ... to name a few.

Let's clear something up, Wentz just played his 5th year and was 27, not 28. He just turned 28, so he'll be 28 for the entire 2021 regular season. He has also led his team to the playoffs twice during that time. The first time, we had clinched a playoff spot before he was hurt. The second time, he did play, but suffered a concussion in the 1st quarter. Let's stop building a false narrative. 

3 hours ago, Arsenal79 said:

That’s exactly what’s happening.  This is a coup orchestrated by the diva and his minions.

The guy make not be great at football, but apparently his back room shenanigans and politicking skills are top notch.

If Carson has this kind of power in the organization then the organization is broken. Anyone is wondering why Press Taylor wasn’t fired then you already see the answer. Carson yes men in charge letting him suck up the joint without checks. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

If Carson has this kind of power in the organization then the organization is broken.

I think it's broken anyway lol.

9 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I think it's broken anyway lol.

Yeah things aren’t looking good regardless. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Jim Plunkett, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon, Vinny Testaverde, Phil Simms, Dan Fouts ... to name a few.

Let's clear something up, Wentz just played his 5th year and was 27, not 28. He just turned 28, so he'll be 28 for the entire 2021 regular season. He has also led his team to the playoffs twice during that time. The first time, we had clinched a playoff spot before he was hurt. The second time, he did play, but suffered a concussion in the 1st quarter. Let's stop building a false narrative. 

OK...you want to build our future around that group, agree to disagree then.

It's a fact that Wentz will be 29 before having an impact on an NFL playoff game.

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

It's a fact that Wentz will be 29 before having an impact on an NFL playoff game.

Do you think Tampa Bay cares that Brady is 43? Did Denver care that P. Manning was in his late 30s? Did you care that Foles was 29 in the 2017 playoffs?

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

If Carson has this kind of power in the organization then the organization is broken. Anyone is wondering why Press Taylor wasn’t fired then you already see the answer. Carson yes men in charge letting him suck up the joint without checks. 

Its lazy to solely blame Carson for Doug's apparent situation.  He is certainly part of it, but his comments are likely just one part of many parts.  Doug hasn't been able to build a competent staff. His staff broke a franchise QB, but neither QB looked good. The team is a slow starter every year.  There is a clear slip in overall performance since the Super Bowl.  And now a 4 win season where the defense was good enough to get it done.  Thats ALL on Doug.

20 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Wentz is 28 and has basically never participated in an NFL playoff game.  He also has had one season in which he was part of an elite passing offense.

You don’t have to blame him for these things...wrs, coaching, all dragging him down.

But given his current age, how bad he was this year, how toxic the behind the scenes relationships have become, and how long it will take the team to restock the talent around him, there is absolutely zero point in trying to salvage Wentz in Philly.  

Just move on.  Bringing him to camp and expecting a better result is as silly as doing the same with Peters/Sproles/Desean.

This is probably the best and most well thought out post in here for arguing the case of letting him go. Nicely done, for the haters this is how you post valid arguments. 

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Its lazy to solely blame Carson for Doug's apparent situation.  He is certainly part of it, but his comments are likely just one part of many parts.  Doug hasn't been able to build a competent staff. His staff broke a franchise QB, but neither QB looked good. The team is a slow starter every year.  There is a clear slip in overall performance since the Super Bowl.  And now a 4 win season where the defense was good enough to get it done.  Thats ALL on Doug.

It’s lazy to put this all on Doug when Howie has given him trashcan players. It’s lazy to say it’s Doug’s fault he had to deal with 14 different line packages. It’s lazy to say Doug didn’t put a competent staff together when Howie and Lurie made him throw this crap together. It’s also lazy to ASSume I’m only blaming Carson for any of this. 

52 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s lazy to put this all on Doug when Howie has given him trashcan players.

There's no doubt Howie should be the first to go, if he's not then we know the decision has nothing to do with football.

13 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

There's no doubt Howie should be the first to go, if he's not then when know the decision has nothing to do with football.

Howie isn’t even close to losing his job. Howie’s out here wasting 2nd round picks on backups, but that’s Doug’s fault. Year after year his draftpicks fail to make the cut, while you see players he passed on make their teams better. It’s time for Howie to go, but somehow he’s still here. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie isn’t even close to losing his job. Howie’s out here wasting 2nd round picks on backups, but that’s Doug’s fault. Year after year his draftpicks fail to make the cut, while you see players he passed on make their teams better. It’s time for Howie to go, but somehow he’s still here. 

One thing to consider is Doug is a lot like Andy. When Andy was here, it was very rare to see a rookie trusted to start. He preferred to bring them along slowly with spot duty. Even when we drafted Wentz the original plan was to let him learn and watch as a backup. Other teams prefer to plug rookies in right away and sometimes they have great success. So, you could be right, but also it could be that there's a different philosophy in play and we just aren't giving our rookies the opportunity other teams would give them.

31 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

One thing to consider is Doug is a lot like Andy. When Andy was here, it was very rare to see a rookie trusted to start. He preferred to bring them along slowly with spot duty. Even when we drafted Wentz the original plan was to let him learn and watch as a backup. Other teams prefer to plug rookies in right away and sometimes they have great success. So, you could be right, but also it could be that there's a different philosophy in play and we just aren't giving our rookies the opportunity other teams would give them.

Last year Reagor and Hurts started. Seumalo and Barnett started as Rookies. Jalen Mills started as a rookie. If the guy is talented enough he’s going to play.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Last year Reagor and Hurts started. Seumalo and Barnett started as Rookies. Jalen Mills started as a rookie. If the guy is talented enough he’s going to play.

Reagor started because of injuries. Hurts didn't "start" until Wentz was benched. Barnett was not a starter as a rookie. Seumalo only had a 4 starts as a rookie out of necessity. Mills started 2 games as a rookie.

Archived