Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So I wonder if the asset still wants to be traded now that the big meanie Doug is gone.

TBH, I don't think Wentz is the guy they plan to build around moving forward. I believe they'll shop him around. I believe Kelce will probably lean toward retirement once things are clear what the Eagles are doing.  I believe that all our players with trade value are on the market (like the Dolphins a year ago) and we'll eat whatever dead money we have to in 2021 (and 2022). We won't sign any premium free agents this offseason (but that's pretty much a given with our cap situation). 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

TBH, I don't think Wentz is the guy they plan to build around moving forward. I believe they'll shop him around. I believe Kelce will probably lean toward retirement once things are clear what the Eagles are doing.  I believe that all our players with trade value are on the market (like the Dolphins a year ago) and we'll eat whatever dead money we have to in 2021 (and 2022). We won't sign any premium free agents this offseason (but that's pretty much a given with our cap situation). 

I just don't see that happening. Not with Howie still in charge of personnel anyway. I just don't think that he or Lurie truly believe that this is a bad roster. I think they see more positives in this roster than there actually are and so they will look at a retool rather than a rebuild. 

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I just don't see that happening. Not with Howie still in charge of personnel anyway. I just don't think that he or Lurie truly believe that this is a bad roster. I think they see more positives in this roster than there actually are and so they will look at a retool rather than a rebuild. 

Did you watch Lurie's press conference?:huh:

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I did... Your point?

A rebuild is all Lurie talked about, there was no retooling.

22 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

This^ is the way forward. Fire sale and youth reload under new management 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I did... Your point?

Well, if Lurie is trying to be transparent, then they are in full-fledged rebuild mode. 

1 minute ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

A rebuild is all Lurie talked about, there was no retooling.

He also said he felt they have some good pieces. He also defended the weasel on more than one occasion. And you want to tell me that I'm to believe and have confidence in Lurie?

Just now, brkmsn said:

Well, if Lurie is trying to be transparent, then they are in full-fledged rebuild mode. 

Quite frankly after that press conference yesterday I don't know what to think or what to believe. He defended Howie, that's enough to give me real cause for concern. 

25 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the draft another quarterback. One thing I noticed is that the owner referenced both quarterbacks as assets. I don’t recall ever hearing Lurie call any of his players that before. That is not the word used b a stand off owner that isn’t meddling. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He also said he felt they have some good pieces. He also defended the weasel on more than one occasion. And you want to tell me that I'm to believe and have confidence in Lurie?

Quite frankly after that press conference yesterday I don't know what to think or what to believe. He defended Howie, that's enough to give me real cause for concern. 

He made it sound like those good pieces were assets for aquiring more picks than anything else.

I agree with you on Howie.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's because you put all your eggs in the "howie must go" basket.  Lurie never gave us reason to suspect otherwise. 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

That's because you put all your eggs in the "howie must go" basket.  Lurie never gave us reason to suspect otherwise. 

That's because... The weasel must go. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the draft another quarterback. One thing I noticed is that the owner referenced both quarterbacks as assets. I don’t recall ever hearing Lurie call any of his players that before. That is not the word used b a stand off owner that isn’t meddling. 

It wouldn't surprise me either. If we are really in rebuild mode, there's no reason to target any one particular position, Take BPA and be done with it. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's not going anywhere, so you'd better root for him to change your mind about him. 

Just now, brkmsn said:

It wouldn't surprise me either. If we are really in rebuild mode, there's no reason to target any one particular position, Take BPA and be done with it. 

I wouldn’t mind BPA, but I hope they don’t trade back. I’d rather they pick the best player at the 6th pick than trade back and miss on a bunch of picks. 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

He's not going anywhere, so you'd better root for him to change your mind about him. 

I know he's not going anywhere. And that's why I don't feel good about the future outlook for this team until he does go. But hey let's see if he can prove me wrong. The overwhelming evidence is that he won't. 

Wentz will be a draft day trade to a team that isn't able to grab a top 3 qb. Look for SF,Carolina,NE.... 

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Your new signature...

I want them to keep Wentz.

Not because I bought a jersey, fat head, and a couple McFarlane figures.

2 minutes ago, What The F said:

Wentz will be a draft day trade to a team that isn't able to grab a top 3 qb. Look for SF,Carolina,NE.... 

Now, there is a prediction to remember.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

So I wonder if the asset still wants to be traded now that the big meanie Doug is gone.

Well Lurie said he has 2 assets, and whichever one the new HC picks then the other is an asset to trade.  Lurie preached "emotional intelligence" after Chip, but now is talking about his players like real estate for sale.  I'm sure Wentz feels wanted now!  

I would not be surprised if they hire Riley, reinvent the team around his offense and trade Wentz.

25 minutes ago, What The F said:

Indy could make a move too. Rivers isn't a long-term option.

1 hour ago, Devaster said:

Indy could make a move too. Rivers isn't a long-term option.

I had thought this to with the Reich Wentz connection.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I wouldn’t mind BPA, but I hope they don’t trade back. I’d rather they pick the best player at the 6th pick than trade back and miss on a bunch of picks. 

The only reason I don't want to trade back (at least very far) is that I don't want to pick behind our division rivals. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

The only reason I don't want to trade back (at least very far) is that I don't want to pick behind our division rivals. 

I don’t care either way. Just do a better job of selecting the players period.

Archived