Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

3 hours ago, What The F said:

Wentz will be a draft day trade to a team that isn't able to grab a top 3 qb. Look for SF,Carolina,NE.... 

I don't see the niners spending 60 million on the QB position. They are in the same position we are in giving a big contract to a QB that is now broken. Doubt they want to pay and try to fix carson on top of it

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not so convinced of that actually. I wouldn’t be surprised if they dumped Wentz too. 

Most of the actually reports have been the opposite I imagine people will just to that conclusion but I think for Lurie it had more to do with Press Taylor than Carson Wentz.  At this point I wouldn't be shocked if we kept Wentz and I wouldn't be shocked if we traded him.  If that is the case then the decision to fire Doug had nothing to do with Wentz. 

Doug is gone because Wentz has all the leverage.  That contract is, for all practical purposes, untradeable and uncuttable so they're stuck with him. He and Doug had a toxic relationship so Doug had to go.

What happens when the fans start booing week 2 and on?

Troy Aikman said on Michael Irvin's podcast that he spoke with Pederson after the firing.  Pederson wanted to move forward with Hurts as starting QB but Lurie disagreed.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/troy-aikman-doug-pederson-carson-wentz-jeffrey-lurie-michael-irvin-podcast-20210113.html

"Jeffrey Lurie has paid a lot of money to Carson Wentz, and they’re on the hook with him, and can’t get out of that contract right away,” Aikman told Irvin, his longtime friend and former Cowboys teammate. "It’s my belief that Doug Pederson felt that Jalen Hurts probably [should be] the quarterback going forward. But how does that mesh [with Wentz’s contract situation]? I believe it all came down to how they’re going to handle Carson Wentz.”

Lmfao I can't keep up with all these "reports" haha. So first Lurie signs off on drafting Hurts, then Lurie is pissed because Doug refuses to play him, then Lurie supposedly forces Doug to bench Wentz and play hurts but now Lurie fires Pederson because Pederson wanted to move forward with Hurts as the starter next year. Do I have that all right??? :lol:

I mean if you can't believe Troy Aikman then who can you believe right?   If anyone is going to be plugged into the Eagles it would be an ex Cowboy QB.  

None of these "reports" make sense, people are throwing ish at the wall to see what sticks.

So Doug wanted Hurts so they get rid of him to keep Wentz...then the first guy they call to interview for the coach is Riley, Hurts former coach?

And reports during the season were that Doug was too loyal to Wentz and Lurie/Howie forced him to bench him for Hurts.  And Doug praised Wentz like crazy no matter how bad he was, and blamed O line, WRs and injuries.  Then when Hurts played well he downplayed it and said it was a team effort.

Nothing in this organization makes sense.

On 1/12/2021 at 4:08 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I just don't see that happening. Not with Howie still in charge of personnel anyway. I just don't think that he or Lurie truly believe that this is a bad roster. I think they see more positives in this roster than there actually are and so they will look at a retool rather than a rebuild. 

If that is indeed the case, perhaps we could send them some eye wear that is less rose colored than what they have now.

On 1/10/2021 at 2:57 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I see reports were that it was Doug and Doug only that made the decision to bench Wentz. 

You didn't REALLY expect Jeffrey or the Weasel to take any responsibility, did you?

8 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

You didn't REALLY expect Jeffrey or the Weasel to take any responsibility, did you?

No but being that Wentz is here and doug isn't I could see how they told Doug it was up to him. Since it didn't go over that well they let him take the fall for it. Kind of like what lurie did to chip and letting him make the player decisions. 

Kind of makes me think Lurie has become a freaking snake too. 

On 1/10/2021 at 4:32 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not the type to need to know who is fully responsible to point the finger at. Although it would be nice to not see them scapegoating people and randomly deciding who they want to blame. As fans that's fine we have no say and don't have inside access. When it is clear that even the whole damn organization is unsure of who to blame, that's the problem

It does look like they know who not to blame though.

1 minute ago, eglz1 said:

It does look like they know who not to blame though.

Exactly, and like 5 min ago I read that carson got lurie to fire Doug.... What a bunch of a-holes. If that's true I'm not so sure I even want to bother with this team until Wentz and Howie are gone. That's dan Snyder and RG3 type sheet there. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Exactly, and like 5 min ago I read that carson got lurie to fire Doug.... What a bunch of a-holes. If that's true I'm not so sure I even want to bother with this team until Wentz and Howie are gone. That's dan Snyder and RG3 type sheet there. 

If Wentz can tell Lurie what to do as they're implying, Wentz isn't the biggest problem. Who works for Who?

37 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

If Wentz can tell Lurie what to do as they're implying, Wentz isn't the biggest problem. Who works for Who?

Nothing surprises or will surprise me anymore. 

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

No but being that Wentz is here and doug isn't I could see how they told Doug it was up to him. Since it didn't go over that well they let him take the fall for it. Kind of like what lurie did to chip and letting him make the player decisions. 

Kind of makes me think Lurie has become a freaking snake too. 

4tr4n6.jpg

More and more reports are that Doug is gone because of Wentz. Troy Aikman is the latest

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If that’s true then that’s a real bad look for Carson. He better come back looking like Super MVP instead the guy who he was last season. No wonder they seem to be targeting defensive coaches for the head job. No offensive minded HC wants his job in peril over a player. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

If that’s true then that’s a real bad look for Carson. He better come back looking like Super MVP instead the guy who he was last season. No wonder they seem to be targeting defensive coaches for the head job. No offensive minded HC wants his job in peril over a player. 

Agreed. If that's true, and we don't know if it is, then that's a really bad look. And you're right if that's true then Carson has to come back and crush it next year! Some suggested he had too much power within the organisation and this would be another report that may suggest that is true. 

Archived