Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Reagor started because of injuries. Hurts didn't "start" until Wentz was benched. Barnett was not a starter as a rookie. Seumalo only had a 4 starts as a rookie out of necessity. Mills started 2 games as a rookie.

Reagor would have started more games if not for injuries. Wentz started as a Rookie, and the Eagles could’ve went to Sudfeld instead of Hurts. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Reagor would have started more games if not for injuries. Wentz started as a Rookie, and the Eagles could’ve went to Sudfeld instead of Hurts. 

I already mentioned Wentz' rookie year. That was not the original plan. Neither was starting Reagor this year. The plan this year was to groom Reagor to play Z behind Jackson, but with Jeffery unable to start the season, they moved Reagor to X in his absence (until Reagor got hurt). The plan was never to start Hurts this year, but supposedly Hurts did surpass Sudfeld as the QB2. 

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I already mentioned Wentz' rookie year. That was not the original plan. Neither was starting Reagor this year. The plan this year was to groom Reagor to play Z behind Jackson, but with Jeffery unable to start the season, they moved Reagor to X in his absence (until Reagor got hurt). The plan was never to start Hurts this year, but supposedly Hurts did surpass Sudfeld as the QB2. 

Jeffery was never going to start week one, and even if starting Wentz wasn’t the original plan they still did it despite signing Chase Daniel. Seumalo would have been the starter, but he lost his job to Wisniewski. I’m not buying the Eagles don’t play their rookies. If their rookies were better options they clearly show they will play them. 

The way I understand it was that Lurie said the next coach can chose one of them, and then the other will probably get traded.

5 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Trade idea. 

Wentz for Reich

I am all for Hurts, but in this case I would rather trade him for Reich.. 😄

So, Wentz didn't want Mike Groh and nearly forced Doug to quit.

Then, Wentz didn't want Press Taylor and this time forced Doug to quit/get fired. 

Who else can Wentz not work for? 

F Carson Wentz. Seriously. This is ultimately on Howie Roseman, but Carson Wentz is beyond the biggest vag out there. I now believe every single bad word ever written about him. And he still doesn't know how to throw the f'ing ball to wide receivers. 

Don't bother drafting Chase. Just draft defense. This kid doesn't know what to do with offensive weapons until they're playing TE. 

Most pissed off I've been in over 30 years as a fan. Little Lord Fontelroy gets his way. 

8 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

So, Wentz didn't want Mike Groh and nearly forced Doug to quit.

Then, Wentz didn't want Press Taylor and this time forced Doug to quit/get fired. 

Who else can Wentz not work for? 

F Carson Wentz. Seriously. This is ultimately on Howie Roseman, but Carson Wentz is beyond the biggest vag out there. I now believe every single bad word ever written about him. And he still doesn't know how to throw the f'ing ball to wide receivers. 

Don't bother drafting Chase. Just draft defense. This kid doesn't know what to do with offensive weapons until they're playing TE. 

Most pissed off I've been in over 30 years as a fan. Little Lord Fontelroy gets his way. 

Wentz and Press are buddies, but go on with your uninformed rant.

2 hours ago, stinkfist said:

Then, Wentz didn't want Press Taylor

Yes he did. That is 100 percent false. 

2 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

Wentz and Press are buddies, but go on with your uninformed rant.

Irony is so thick you could stand a spoon in it. 

13 hours ago, stinkfist said:

This kid doesn't know what to do with offensive weapons until they're playing TE. 

This would be funny if it weren't true.

On 1/11/2021 at 9:11 AM, brkmsn said:

You don’t draft WIDE RECEIVER IN THE FIRST ROUND with the intention of him sitting a year and learning. That’s ludicrous.

Just now, SBorBust said:

You don’t draft WIDE RECEIVER IN THE FIRST ROUND with the intention of him sitting a year and learning. That’s ludicrous.

Start him slow and let him learn from DJax sounds like a solid plan to me.

7 minutes ago, Infam said:

Start him slow and let him learn from DJax sounds like a solid plan to me.

DJax supposed to show them the proper way to wear street clothes on the sidelines?

44 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

Sorry, what?

Two things:

1. You seem obsessed with me. It's creeping me out a bit. Grab a Sprite and calm down. 

2. You may want to read slowly or at all. Carson did not want Mike Groh. He whined. Carson then did not want Press Taylor. He whined. Whether or not Press Taylor and Carson Wentz are now friends has nothing to do with my point. And now you're changing the narrative.

Go to the politics section. You'd fit in well dude. 

You got your reply. Do me a favor and stop quoting me. You're like a 7 year old yanking at my leg to play catch. 

15 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

Two things:

1. You seem obsessed with me. It's creeping me out a bit. Grab a Sprite and calm down. 

2. You may want to read slowly or at all. Carson did not want Mike Groh. He whined. Carson then did not want Press Taylor. He whined. Whether or not Press Taylor and Carson Wentz are now friends has nothing to do with my point. And now you're changing the narrative.

You got your reply. Do me a favor and stop quoting me. You're like a 7 year old yanking at my leg to play catch. 

Do you come around here for discussions or not? You cannot make stupid, emotional and baseless claims then when you're called out on them act like a child saying "ew get away from me." 

Back up what you said with quotes and facts or keep your emotions in check and to yourself.

Good day sir.

20 hours ago, Infam said:

The way I understand it was that Lurie said the next coach can chose one of them, and then the other will probably get traded.

Yup.  He referred to both QB's as assets. I dont think both of them stay next year. 

1 hour ago, stinkfist said:

Two things:

Source?

Sorry, what?

Personal moves? 

Are those like what the PUA guys practice? 

j/k of course but sheesh how can you cover a sport and make that mistake? 

6 hours ago, SBorBust said:

The plan was to start Jackson and Jeffery which is why we committed so much money to those two guys. While the Eagles incorrectly believed they could count on those 2 to be key contributors in 2020, they knew we'd be moving on in 2021. Reagor was drafted to take over at Z when that happened and provide depth until then. He was also supposed to be our starting punt returner. Obviously the plan changed once it became clear Jeffery wouldn't be ready for the start of the season and they started preparing him to play at X and hopefully surpass JJAW there. Then Reagor hurt his thumb and Fulgham emerged there. Fortunately for Reagor, the injury to DJax allowed him to move back to Z. Unfortunately for everybody, the offense was a mess and everybody suffered. 

Say what you want, but not many guys are going to unseat a healthy DJax. So the plan was pretty clear. The plan was flawed. Last year we drafted a guy in the first round to learn from and replace Peters at LT after a year. You may not agree with the plan, and I don't know really if I do either, but it wasn't your plan or my plan. 

Sorry, what?

Gotta look at the source there.  I like Rob, I think he is one of the best radio guys in town but he carries a lot of water for Wentz and his camp. I think they have developed a personal relationship due to their religious beliefs and it has allowed Rob a professional connection to Wentz.  But he often goes out of his way to defend Wentz and absolve him of blame. 

Archived