Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

He isn't an elite QB, he's just a good QB who can be very good for stretches. 2017 was an outlier. I realize the OL was horrendous today and the running game didn't exist. That being said, Wentz missed several throws badly when he had opportunities. He also didn't see a lot of open guys down field. These are the same things he has been doing for years, and things a 5th year QB shouldn't be doing. Hopefully he has a good enough year that they can trade him for some value to a QB starved team in the offseason, and that Hurts can be coached up and developed over the next 12 months.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's wearing his welcome out, we basically end our chances at the postseason if we go 0-2, and at that point I'm all about the Tank for Trevor Lawrence train.

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

He's wearing his welcome out, we basically end our chances at the postseason if we go 0-2, and at that point I'm all about the Tank for Trevor Lawrence train.

Yep, at some point the excuses need to stop. Today was NOT even close to being all his fault. That said he missed several throws, badly. If he just hits Reagor on that deep ball that is a much different game. He was a big part of the problem today. Just too many injuries, too much inconsistent play. It's always something.

Just now, T-1000 said:

Yep, at some point the excuses need to stop. Today was NOT even close to being all his fault. That said he missed several throws, badly. If he just hits Reagor on that deep ball that is a much different game. He was a big part of the problem today. Just too many injuries, too much inconsistent play. It's always something.

Reagor slowed down 3 steps at the top of the route

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

yup, starting 0-2 is is pretty much going 0-5 

the Niners, Steelers and Ravens are all loses 

all three of those teams have super-physical defenses, if today was any indicator, Carson is going to fold like a lawn-chair 

When he's not injured, he's erratic, when he's not erratic, he's being called out by his teammates, when he's not being called out by his teammates, he's injured. It's a vicious cycle that I have just about had enough of.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Reagor slowed down 3 steps at the top of the route

spacer.png

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

When he's not injured, he's erratic, when he's not erratic, he's being called out by his teammates, when he's not being called out by his teammates, he's injured. It's a viscous cycle that I have just about had enough of.

Yep, always something.

Watch the replay, about 10 yards into the route when he defines where he is going he slows down dramatically.

What's your BS excuse for the other five passes he missed badly. How about the two INT's. How about two or three of the sacks where he held onto the ball way too long.

He was not good today.

Actually he was very very good today up until 2 mins to go in the first half, then just sort of lost it. The 2 picks were a killer, missing Reagor on the deep ball, tacking the sack that led to the missed fg, missing Ward on the 3rd down before our 4th down attempt that ended in a sack. Just too many mistakes - one of those two plays is different and this game is different.

He didn’t have help - OL was bad, no running game whatsoever but his play in the 1st half put us in a position that we should have won but his mistakes were also what gave Washington life and kept us from putting them away.

2 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

What's your BS excuse for the other five passes he missed badly. How about the two INT's. How about two or three of the sacks where he held onto the ball way too long.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys watch other games.  QB’s miss badly all day in the NFL.  Saints won big today, and Bress looked like hot garbage most of the day.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys watch other games.  QB’s miss badly all day in the NFL.  Saints won big today, and Bress looked like hot garbage most of the day.

You really like to keep doubling down time and time again after you lose, don't you.

Man, I get the hate today, after that performance. But, I'm not ready to bench him, yet.

The whole organization, from Lurie down to the towel boys in the locker room, ished the bed today. Bad personnel, bad medical staff, bad coaching, bad playcalling and really, really piss poor execution, especially from Carson. He presses way too much, and he is ungood when he presses.

A loss sucks. A Division loss sucks worse. A loss against a Division team we should beat 9/10 times sucks even harder.

It's still just week 1, after a weird off season. Hopefully, it is not as bad as it seems tonight.

I have always backed Wentz. Today, half way through the 3rd quarter, I ripped off my Wentz jersey, and put on a regular t-shirt. After FIVE YEARS, he doesn't know when to throw the ball away and not take a critical sack, doesn't have his footwork down, and made rookie mistakes. FIVE f- ing years, and he is STILL doing the same self defeating things. That tells me something. If after FIVE freekin years, you continue to make the same mistakes, it's not the coaches, it's not the o-line.... it's YOU. It's really sad, but Carson isn't who we thought he was. Carson is NOT growing. I'm not sure about him anymore, that's the truth. I would believe in him if he grew past his shortcomings, but he has not- at all. I put his jersey away in the bedroom. It's probably going to stay there if I don't see some REAL growth. I swear, I REALLY thought HE was the man for the Eagles, too.

There is got to be a way to package Wentz & Ertz  together for a trade in return for some serious capital next offseason....

6 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

I have always backed Wentz. Today, half way through the 3rd quarter, I ripped off my Wentz jersey, and put on a regular t-shirt. After FIVE YEARS, he doesn't know when to throw the ball away and not take a critical sack, doesn't have his footwork down, and made rookie mistakes. FIVE f- ing years, and he is STILL doing the same self defeating things. That tells me something. If after FIVE freekin years, you continue to make the same mistakes, it's not the coaches, it's not the o-line.... it's YOU. It's really sad, but Carson isn't who we thought he was. Carson is NOT growing. I'm not sure about him anymore, that's the truth. I would believe in him if he grew past his shortcomings, but he has not- at all. I put his jersey away in the bedroom. It's probably going to stay there if I don't see some REAL growth. I swear, I REALLY thought HE was the man for the Eagles, too.

Well said, sums things up extremely well.

1 minute ago, Jeep_man said:

There is got to be a way to package Wentz & Ertz  together for a trade in return for some serious capital next offseason....

Reich in Indy might be suckered into it.

Just now, T-1000 said:

Well said, sums things up extremely well.

Yup and ppl will still be finding ways to defend him. Don't want to see the truth for what it is. 

So what happened in the first half, why did we move the ball so easily, why did the defense look dominant ??

Dak had all those weapons, his o line, and still lost.  What are you gonna say when we beat the Rams next week ??

49 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Trevor Lawrence had an amazing frosh year, but since hasn't looked as good.  Burrow smoked him in the NCAA Championship game and look how his rookie debut started.  I'm not sold on TL.  IMO, he's NOT a sure thing lock that you tank for.  He has a long ways to go.

3 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Trevor Lawrence had an amazing frosh year, but since hasn't looked as good.  Burrow smoked him in the NCAA Championship game and look how his rookie debut started.  I'm not sold on TL.  IMO, he's NOT a sure thing lock that you tank for.  He has a long ways to go.

Funny we have been saying most of the same stuff about our current QB. He should fit right in. 

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So what happened in the first half, why did we move the ball so easily, why did the defense look dominant ??

Dak had all those weapons, his o line, and still lost.  What are you gonna say when we beat the Rams next week ??

That this team still isn't sniffing another SB until core problems get fixed. IDC who we beat, there is only one goal. Of course u will say we have to win games in order to do that. Based on talent we just can't keep up. Maybe u will see in due time. 

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Fist of Dak is irrelevant and frankly if we are comparing Dak to Carson it says more about the failings of Carson than it says about Dak. Who’s the second pick in the draft here? Secondly the first half and if Carson rallies to play well against the Rams it’s exactly what people have been complaining about to begin with. Carson is far too inconsistent than he should be at this point in his career. His tale of two halves is as about as inconsistent as one can get. Maybe if your ginger Jesus wasn’t giving the ball away to the other team as much as he did the defense wouldn’t have failed the way that it did. Your overzealous defense of Carson while unmercifully ripping everyone else makes you lose credibility. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Fist of Dak is irrelevant and frankly if we are comparing Dak to Carson it say more about the failings of Carson than it says about Dak. Who’s the second pick in the draft here? Secondly the first half and if Carson rallies to play well against the Rams it’s exactly what people have been complaining about to begin. Carson is far too inconsistent than he should be at this point in his career. His tale of two halves is as about as inconsistent as one can get. Maybe if your ginger Jesus wasn’t giving the ball away to the other team as much as he did the defense wouldn’t have failed the way that it did. You overzealous defense of Carson while unmercifully ripping everyone else makes you lose credibility. 

spacer.png

Archived