Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That is football 101, you come back and get the ball so nobody else can

It’s also football 101 for a veteran quarterback to locate those passes better and to throw them before the receiver hits his break. The first pick could arguably be said the defender made a good play. The second was poor placement and poor timing. It should also be noted that a veteran quarterback shouldn’t be making such a risky throw to rookies. It’s also football 101 to understand that after about 4 seconds an NFL quarterback needs to get rid of the darn ball. It’s also football 101 that a quarterback should do a much better job of protecting the football. It’s also football 101that a quarterback should be doing his best to protect himself for getting injured. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

What some people don’t want to admit was what you saw yesterday from Carson was a lot of the same of what you saw last season but in reverse. He and the offense would have atrociously slow starts only to have breakneck second halves. You remember him fondly because his finishes were always better than his starts. This year in this game you had the reverse where he started fast and finished poorly. He’s been this erratic player for sometime now. It’s just magnified, because it’s not how you star, it’s how you finish. 

Not only that but this is what we have seen from him the past two seasons. It has always been there...but I believe people want so badly for him to succeed (me included) but I have lost my faith on that front....if we are going to be honest, he is just not the franchise QB we thought he was....

8 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

I believe Wentz is better than McNabb.  

I didnt say slightly better or slightly above a game manager.  I just feel he's a better, more talented QB than 5.  How much better?  Not really sure.  Both have flaws.

If they dont have Wentz then who is better?  Sudfeld?  Hurts?  Would Dak do any better with this team?  How bout Goff?  

Who really thought he is elite?  A few in the media like I mentioned Cowherd or Orlovsky.  Maybe some Eagles fans thought so.  Alot of us thought this after 2017.  He seemed like he was heading that way but sadly it's not the case.  However, it's not a crime that hes not elite.  We could get Foles back?  Maybe we end up with a top 2 pick and get Lawrence.  What if he's worse?  

McNabb did more with less than Carson ever dreamed of doing. 

10 minutes ago, MagicMoment said:

People need to take a good look at the trash McNabb had to work with on that 2000 Philadelphia Eagles roster that went 11-5. 

Here we go with this old argument again. Is he REALLY better than McNabb?? How so??? The hate for that man still continues, I see. Need I remind people that McNabb once threw four touchdowns on a broken leg before in a game. He did more with much less than what Wentz has now. Maybe...just maybe....wentz has a better throwing arm but I still dont see how he is so much better than McNabb was....

9 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

I've said this multiple times today, but Wentz always wants the big play instead of the smart play.

Throw the ball away instead of trying to avoid a sack. Go down and protect yourself instead of trying to escape a sack. 

Take a play that moves the freaking chains instead of the big play. 

The guy refuses to adapt his game and it is getting old.

This was arguably Wentz's Worst game EVER. Let's hope he improves and does not go on IR again. If he does go on IR.. I am done with him.

6 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Here we go with this old argument again. Is he REALLY better than McNabb?? How so??? The hate for that man still continues, I see. Need I remind people that McNabb once threw four touchdowns on a broken leg before in a game. He did more with much less than what Wentz has now. Maybe...just maybe....wentz has a better throwing arm but I still dont see how he is so much better than McNabb was....

Wentz has not proven he’s better than McNabb in any way really. It’s just a nice thing people want to believe. I wonder if Wentz could last 5 games in the league back when McNabb played. The defenses were far more aggressive with hits and they played receivers way more physically. How long would it have been before one of his receivers wanted to take his head off, because he set them up with another one of his high passes? McNabb threw a lot of "worm burners” but worm burners don’t set receivers up for trips to the ICU. 

B08CF9E7-61C9-46F9-AEAC-908C3A3F3387.jpeg

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz has not proven he’s better than McNabb in any way really. It’s just a nice thing people want to believe. I wonder if Wentz could last 5 games in the league back when McNabb played. The defenses were far more aggressive with hits and they played receivers way more physically. How long would it have been before one of his receivers wanted to take his head off, because he set them up with another one of his high passes? McNabb threw a lot of "worm burners” but worm burners don’t set receivers up for trips to the ICU. 

Totally agreed. This brings to mind the 2003 championship when Carolina's DB's completely punked our receivers. I hated those worm burners that McNabb threw but better that than a high pass that exposes the entire middle of your body.....

Just now, GeorgeM37 said:

Totally agreed. This brings to mind the 2003 championship when Carolina's DB's completely punked our receivers. I hated those worm burners that McNabb threw but better that than a high pass that exposes the entire middle of your body.....

Ertz got broke up last year because of one of those a Wentz high throws. There was a play last year he actually overthrew Alshon Jeffery and he jumped! Now that’s a feat. 😂 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ertz got broke up last year because of one of those a Wentz high throws. There was a play last year he actually overthrew Alshon Jeffery and he jumped! Now that’s a feat. 😂 

RIGHT!! I remember literally screaming at the tv because of that play....I was like "ARE YOU TRYING TO GET HIM KILLED??!!".....I believe Ertz sat out the next play because of that....things like that simply cannot continue.....

RIGHT!! I remember literally screaming at the tv because of that play....I was like "ARE YOU TRYING TO GET HIM KILLED??!!".....I believe Ertz sat out the next play because of that....things like that simply cannot continue.....

Well despite how dangerous some of the Wentz throws can be for other player his own recklessness causes himself more pain and injury than it does to others. Frankly if you need two quarterbacks, because you can’t count on the starter to stay healthy then you don’t have a quarterback at all. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well despite how dangerous some of the Wentz throws can be for other player his own recklessness causes himself more pain and injury than it does to others. Frankly if you need two quarterbacks, because you can’t count on the starter to stay healthy then you don’t have a quarterback at all. 

Again, I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, we are in for a very long season.....

2 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Again, I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, we are in for a very long season.....

It is a long season and it’s only week one. A lot can happen this year. Carson can come back next week and play great again and all of his apologists will come out chest out and say I told you so. 

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

B08CF9E7-61C9-46F9-AEAC-908C3A3F3387.jpeg

Upon quick glance I thought this was that screen to Hightower until I took a better look and saw Ward's jersey.  He had a few too many of those yesterday (a couple to Reagor too).  That really is frustrating AF to watch.  

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

It is a long season and it’s only week one. A lot can happen this year. Carson can come back next week and play great again and all of his apologists will come out chest out and say I told you so. 

And if that should happen, I will gladly come back in here and eat major crow.....

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Upon quick glance I thought this was that screen to Hightower until I took a better look and saw Ward's jersey.  He had a few too many of those yesterday (a couple to Reagor too).  That really is frustrating AF to watch.  

This was his third down pass to Ward the play just before he got sacked on 4th down. 

And if that should happen, I will gladly come back in here and eat major crow.....

I won’t eat any crow, because that’s exactly what the problem has been with Wentz. He’s not consistent, and he takes too many risks with his body. If he’s out there doing that I don’t care if he throws for 400 yards and 9 touchdown passes. That type if undisciplined play will get him hurt like it has in the past.  

49 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

If this is truly is the case then tell me HOW is he better than McNabb????? Please please please explain this to me....a better arm? yeah sure.....but a better QB? I dont see it...

McNabb had a rocket for an arm too.  They both have flaws but can you honestly watch both play and tell me McNabb is a better QB?  

If you're referring to playoff record and appearing in a SB then yes McNabb has had more success.  

having 3 defenders in his face and still trying to escape/look for something makes me furious and nervous. Needs to learn to just give up or throw the ball away. 

47 minutes ago, MagicMoment said:

You honestly think if McNabb was back there yesterday that things would be different?  

I love McNabb but he had his fair share of stinkers too.  

11 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I have always backed Wentz. Today, half way through the 3rd quarter, I ripped off my Wentz jersey, and put on a regular t-shirt. After FIVE YEARS, he doesn't know when to throw the ball away and not take a critical sack, doesn't have his footwork down, and made rookie mistakes. FIVE f- ing years, and he is STILL doing the same self defeating things. That tells me something. If after FIVE freekin years, you continue to make the same mistakes, it's not the coaches, it's not the o-line.... it's YOU. It's really sad, but Carson isn't who we thought he was. Carson is NOT growing. I'm not sure about him anymore, that's the truth. I would believe in him if he grew past his shortcomings, but he has not- at all. I put his jersey away in the bedroom. It's probably going to stay there if I don't see some REAL growth. I swear, I REALLY thought HE was the man for the Eagles, too.

And then he shows up to camp this year out of shape and craps the bed in game one.

McNabb 2.0: he gets paid, drops a baby and calls it a day.

Time to move on.

8 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

McNabb had a rocket for an arm too.  They both have flaws but can you honestly watch both play and tell me McNabb is a better QB?  

If you're referring to playoff record and appearing in a SB then yes McNabb has had more success.  

Rocket for an arm, yes but struggled with accuracy and threw many a wobbly ball. Tell you what. Give me some good logical comparisons of the two and we go from there. But what have you seen from Wentz that makes him a better QB? Mechanics? Situational awareness? What is it that yall have seen from both of them to say Wentz is better?

14 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I won’t eat any crow, because that’s exactly what the problem has been with Wentz. He’s not consistent, and he takes too many risks with his body. If he’s out there doing that I don’t care if he throws for 400 yards and 9 touchdown passes. That type if undisciplined play will get him hurt like it has in the past.  

And unfortunately, we may see that this season. If he stays playing like that he will definitely get hurt. Of course, I dont want that to happen but I have seen it happen to others that consistently played recklessly.....

this is who he is. 5 years later this is the player he is and always will be

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Maybe Wentz isn't what we all hoped for but he's still a very good QB. Those INTs yesterday weren't completely on him. They were good plays made by the DB who was right next to the WR. And the majority of the sacks weren't his fault either. 

Yes we all want more from him and perhaps he's not going to be a top 5 QB like we all hoped and wanted. 

Personally I think they should trade him. Not because he's no good but because this team is no good. This team is light years away from being able to compete. It has holes all over. It is way over the cap and it's time to start fresh including the GM.

Couldn't agree more. 

And for a #2 overall, he SHOULD be a top 5 QB by year 5.

I also think if they do as you suggest, Doug is on thin ice as well. I think he gets one more QB to tinker with and if he doesn't produce, we'll be looking for a new coach. Think about it: a former NFL QB who cannot get his #2 overall to do simple things like throw the ball away? WTF good is he as a coach?

Archived