Check in here when you arrive

OCEaglefan

Has anyone who is legitimately brand new joined yet?

2 hours ago, Phila.:Chip said:

This is perfect! It looks exactly the same. 

So much so, that some people may think that Dave gave us the old EMB, but that's not the case. This is 100% new and had to be set up from scratch. I was going to skin it myself (to get the EMB theme), but I'm no expert and likely wouldn't have gotten it 100% dead on. So I hired someone to do the skin for us. 

While the old EMB was still alive, one of the main ways that I was able to tell one from the other, was the Philly skyline (at the top of the page). Without that, or if I didn't pay close enough attention, I frequently forgot which board I was on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Has anyone who is legitimately brand new joined yet?

That's hard to tell, I've seen several names that I don't recognize, but that doesn't mean that they're brand new. They could be old EMB vets, just with a change in user name. Of the nearly thousand members though, I think it's safe to say that all of them/us came over from there. But that doesn't mean that every single member was an active/known member there. Some could have been lurkers, in fact I know that some who have said that they were lurkers over there, have joined here and I'd encourage them to post from time to time. But lurking is ok, too. 

On 4/30/2020 at 6:08 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

I haven't seen We_Gotta_Believe over here. Did he make the trip?

He is joining the coalition to Reelect Trump ,he is too busy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

He is joining the coalition to Reelect Trump ,he is too busy!

Ha!

New guy here from Long Island NY. First time on any forum so just give me some slack while I maneuver through this lol. I hope to talk football and enjoy . Spent sometime in the greatest Navy in the world for 8 years as well so any of you Marines or Army guys can kiss my a** lol.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DawkinsisGOD said:

New guy here from Long Island NY. First time on any forum so just give me some slack while I maneuver through this lol. I hope to talk football and enjoy . Spent sometime in the greatest Navy in the world for 8 years as well so any of you Marines or Army guys can kiss my a** lol.

Might be helpful to know an Army guy put this forum together for us.

• Like 1

Long time lurker here, but I just want to thank you guys for the hard work in creating this new EMB!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DawkinsisGOD said:

How about us Puddle Pirates?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

How about us Puddle Pirates?

True sorry about that you guys are military unlike the Air Force lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DawkinsisGOD said:

True sorry about that you guys are military unlike the Air Force lol

I asked an Air Force guy once why they get a ribbon for graduating boot camp? Honest to god he said: "so you know I graduated it". 🙄

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

No disrespect at all but if anyone ever served it’s a brotherhood ribbing nothing more!!. Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coasties!! Are my brothers always will be no different then any LEO’S it’s an elite club that picks on each other anybody outside of the club just doesn’t get to do the same lol.

49 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Go Army!! Beat Navy!!!

Haha GO NAVY!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He didn't mean anything by it. All the branches screw with each other. Now that I'm in EMS I joke with cops alot about donuts and they call us hose jockeys that sleep on duty. It's all in fun.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, DawkinsisGOD said:

No disrespect at all but if anyone ever served it’s a brotherhood ribbing nothing more!!. Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coasties!! Are my brothers always will be no different then any LEO’S it’s an elite club that picks on each other anybody outside of the club just doesn’t get to do the same lol.

Haha GO NAVY!!!

lol Yeah, it's all good. I'm pretty sure there was recently a thread over on the old EMB where I talked about this very subject. 

I posted this over on the old EMB a long time ago, so this is a good opportunity to re-post it here. It was written a good while ago, it's been floating around the internet since at least the late 90's or early 2000's. #11 is what came to mind and reminded me to post this. 

Dear Civilians, we know that the current state of affairs in our great Nation
has many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military.

For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand.

Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:

1. The next time you see any adults talking (or wearing a hat) during
the playing of the National Anthem - kick their a**.

2. When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in
protest - kick their a**.

3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest
amount of respect to all veterans.

If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain
how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every
second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to
make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran
kicks their a**.

4. If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were.
Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDU's) or Jungle Fatigues, telling
others that you used to be 'Special Forces'.

Collecting GI Joe memorabilia might have been okay when you were seven
years old, but now it will only make you look stupid and get your a**
kicked.

5. Next time you come across an Air Force member, Do not ask them, 'Do
you fly a jet?' Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such
ignorance deserves an a** kicking (children are exempt).

6. If you witness someone calling the Coast Guard 'non-military',
inform them of their mistake - and kick their a**.

7. Roseanne Barr's singing of the National Anthem is not a blooper...it was a
disgrace and disrespectful. Laugh, and sooner or later your a** will be kicked.

8. Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get
on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your
heart. 

Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be
carrying her - Of course, failure to do either of those could earn you
a severe a**-kicking.

9. What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy.
The proper word to describe her is "traitor." Just mention her nomination
for "Woman of the Year" and get your a** kicked.

10. 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me - Stop saying
it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore could kick your a**!

11. 'Flyboy' (Air Force), 'Jarhead' (Marines), 'Grunt' (Army), 'Squid'
(Navy), 'Puddle Jumpers' (Coast Guard), Bubblehead (Sub sailor),
etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless
you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use
them. Using them could get your a** kicked.

12. Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the
military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving
and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please
remember that there are literally thousands of soldiers, sailors,
marines and airmen far from home wishing they could be with their
families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make
every day. Without them, our country would get its a** kicked.

13. It's the Veteran, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom
of the press.

It's the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.

It's the Veteran, not the community organizer, who gives us the
freedom to demonstrate.

It's the Military/Veteran who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag,
and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

Please pass this on so I won't have to kick your a**!

THANK YOU

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, ONLY - BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

(Authored by:) Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2020 at 1:18 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That's hard to tell, I've seen several names that I don't recognize, but that doesn't mean that they're brand new. They could be old EMB vets, just with a change in user name. Of the nearly thousand members though, I think it's safe to say that all of them/us came over from there. But that doesn't mean that every single member was an active/known member there. Some could have been lurkers, in fact I know that some who have said that they were lurkers over there, have joined here and I'd encourage them to post from time to time. But lurking is ok, too. 

I was actually over on reddit looking through old posts on there from years ago (2014 and some other years). There was actually a lot of people on there talking about how they used to be a member on the EMB and it was the best board in the league. Then they said to many people ruined it because of the arseholes in Tate lol. A lot of them said they couldn't stand the know it alls in here after awhile. 

I even stumbled on an old post on the Saints message board from awhile back and even a few of them were members on here and said the same thing we had a good board but, it was ruined by the people on here. 

51 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

lol Yeah, it's all good. I'm pretty sure there was recently a thread over on the old EMB where I talked about this very subject. 

I posted this over on the old EMB a long time ago, so this is a good opportunity to re-post it here. It was written a good while ago, it's been floating around the internet since at least the late 90's or early 2000's. #11 is what came to mind and reminded me to post this. 

Couldn’t have said it better myself brother 🇺🇸🇺🇸💪👍 if I ever get to a game round on me !!

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

I asked an Air Force guy once why they get a ribbon for graduating boot camp? Honest to god he said: "so you know I graduated it". 🙄

Haha my god that is ridiculous . I was in early 90’s and now the Navy does the same damn thing it’s horrible. The honor and hard work you went through should be enough .

16 minutes ago, DawkinsisGOD said:

Haha my god that is ridiculous . I was in early 90’s and now the Navy does the same damn thing it’s horrible. The honor and hard work you went through should be enough .

I remember everyone trying to get expert at the range so they could Graduate boot camp with a medal on their uniform.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

I remember everyone trying to get expert at the range so they could Graduate boot camp with a medal on their uniform.

haha I remember  just trying to get the F off base so I could grab a beer lol. Those guys were the worst. I got medals after boot but nothing to write home about .

1 hour ago, DawkinsisGOD said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself brother 🇺🇸🇺🇸💪👍 if I ever get to a game round on me !!

When I got out of the Army, I moved to a Navy town (Hampton Roads, VA) and eventually moved to the neighborhood where I currently live. One of my neighbors became my best friend, though he was old enough to be my father (and whenever we were out, he'd introduce me as his son... even when his own kids were with us... or even when my own parents were with us lol). 

He was a 20 year Navy Man who served during Vietnam (on carriers). So we'd get into it all the time, Army vs. Navy. In 2012, he became very ill and was in the Portsmouth Naval hospital ICU (where he eventually passed away). All of the doctors and nurses just assumed that I was his son because I was there every day, for hours at a time (if they knew I was just a neighbor, they'd have never discussed his medical concerns with me). 

While sitting in the family lounge, the head of the Hospital came in and sat down to talk. It's been a little while but my memory is telling me that she was a Captain, but she could have been an Admiral. I was wearing a University of Maryland sweatshirt under my coat, which I still had on, and all she could see was that it was red. So she assumed I was a former Marine. Somehow it came about in the conversation, and I said that I was a Soldier, not a Marine. So for the next several minutes, we proceeded to trade jabs back and forth... ending with the obligatory "Go Army!! Beat Navy!!" and she gave the opposite response, of course lol. 

Of course, after it became known that I was Army, whenever I came in, the nurses would say something along the lines of 'Here comes the Army!' lol

You said that you're a new member, did you find us through the old EMB (which just closed on the 30th), or some other way?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

When I got out of the Army, I moved to a Navy town (Hampton Roads, VA) and eventually moved to the neighborhood where I currently live. One of my neighbors became my best friend, though he was old enough to be my father (and whenever we were out, he'd introduce me as his son... even when his own kids were with us... or even when my own parents were with us lol). 

He was a 20 year Navy Man who served during Vietnam (on carriers). So we'd get into it all the time, Army vs. Navy. In 2012, he became very ill and was in the Portsmouth Naval hospital ICU (where he eventually passed away). All of the doctors and nurses just assumed that I was his son because I was there every day, for hours at a time (if they knew I was just a neighbor, they'd have never discussed his medical concerns with me). 

While sitting in the family lounge, the head of the Hospital came in and sat down to talk. It's been a little while but my memory is telling me that she was a Captain, but she could have been an Admiral. I was wearing a University of Maryland sweatshirt under my coat, which I still had on, and all she could see was that it was red. So she assumed I was a former Marine. Somehow it came about in the conversation, and I said that I was a Soldier, not a Marine. So for the next several minutes, we proceeded to trade jabs back and forth... ending with the obligatory "Go Army!! Beat Navy!!" and she gave the opposite response, of course lol. 

Of course, after it became known that I was Army, whenever I came in, the nurses would say something along the lines of 'Here comes the Army!' lol

You said that you're a new member, did you find us through the old EMB (which just closed on the 30th), or some other way?

That's a great story i miss the Camaraderie and the deployments. I found you guys through he old EMB actually the other day. I was looking for a forum i could get along with people.The other forums i used to just lurk in the people were terrible and full of themselves lol. I'm sure  there will be some of those on here but i like the vibe alot. 

42 minutes ago, DawkinsisGOD said:

That's a great story i miss the Camaraderie and the deployments. I found you guys through he old EMB actually the other day. I was looking for a forum i could get along with people.The other forums i used to just lurk in the people were terrible and full of themselves lol. I'm sure  there will be some of those on here but i like the vibe alot. 

We are a good bunch. Some of us at least. 😝

• Like 1