Ja'Marr Chase (LSU WR) -- DRAFTED BY CINCINNATI #5

Godfather

We're not getting Chase,please. We have more needs than that. I WOULD however look at his teammate who is overshadowed by him Terrance Marshall

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

They just have problems integrating them into the offense...or at least they used to...no, it looks like they still do.

I like how you tried to be positive, got realistic and then came right back to negative land with me there. 🤣 Welcome back Don. We've been waiting for you. Cognac? 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Tank for Chase

We have bigger fish to fry IMO.

Rather take your homeboy St. Brown in the 2nd and go in a different direction with our first.

What say you?!

3 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Rather take your homeboy St. Brown in the 2nd and go in a different direction with our first.

What say you?!

Bigger needs? Perhaps yes. But Chase could legit be the best player on the board? And if he is so you still pass on him?

27 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Bigger needs? Perhaps yes. But Chase could legit be the best player on the board? And if he is so you still pass on him?

Depends who’s on the board but if I have to chose between a maybe elite WR and one of the top pass rushers, I’ll take the pass rusher 9 out of 10 times.

Especially if we end up with a top 10 pick, simply because good WR’s can be found in the 2nd and beyond while good pass rushers usually wind up top 10-15 selections.

Not saying we couldn’t use another good WR to pair with Fulgham and Reagor but I simply don’t want them to use another high draft pick, eapecially a first, on one again.

If Rousseau, Paye, Parsons, Surtain and Chase are all on the board, the latter would be the last of that group I’d like the Eagles to select. Not that I don’t like Chase but I like those other prospects a tad more for us.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ray75 said:

What say you?!

I would be ok with either one. They should take BPA and if that's Chase they should take him. But I fully expect Howie to f up the draft yet again

17 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I would be ok with either one. They should take BPA and if that's Chase they should take him. But I fully expect Howie to f up the draft yet again

Indeed! If we end up with a top 10 pick I’d be stunned if they don’t select a pass rusher like Paye or Rousseau.

On 11/17/2020 at 3:12 PM, Ray75 said:

Depends who’s on the board but if I have to chose between a maybe elite WR and one of the top pass rushers, I’ll take the pass rusher 9 out of 10 times.

Especially if we end up with a top 10 pick, simply because good WR’s can be found in the 2nd and beyond while good pass rushers usually wind up top 10-15 selections.

Not saying we couldn’t use another good WR to pair with Fulgham and Reagor but I simply don’t want them to use another high draft pick, eapecially a first, on one again.

If Rousseau, Paye, Parsons, Surtain and Chase are all on the board, the latter would be the last of that group I’d like the Eagles to select. Not that I don’t like Chase but I like those other prospects a tad more for us.

Not a great year for pass rushers. I would take a stab at rousseau though if he was around

6 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

Not a great year for pass rushers. I would take a stab at rousseau though if he was around

And that’s exactly why I think they’ll go edge if they’ll end up with a top 10 pick (or close to it).

Just took a WR in the first in april and if you’d ask me it’s not a massive need IMO. CW playing awful and Doug’s playcalling are the problem, not our young WR core IMO. What good is taking Chase if Doug doesn’t utilise him and CW can’t find or hit him?! Having a No.1 WR is overrated anyway IMO. Not saying we couldn’t use another good WR but in a deep class I’d wait until the 2nd, or 3rd to address that.

Both the DB- and LB class look deep and talented too. It won’t be hard to find a good CB, S or LB in the 2nd or 3rd.

What I’m trying to say is that; 

a) I believe they prefer to go DE with a top 10 pick;

b) if they somehow find a way to win the division and end up with, say, pick No.19, the top DE’s will be off the board and I can see them going CB (Horn, Kendrick, Stokes, Samuel) or WR (Waddle, Smith, Bateman).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

And that’s exactly why I think they’ll go edge if they’ll end up with a top 10 pick (or close to it).

I think they need to go DE, CB or LB. All three 3 positions have either current issues or future issues or both. But if Chase is there then its got to be tempting to take a legit stud. And if they want to try and get Wentz back on track then what better way than having a stud WR?

Some big big decisions ahead. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think they need to go DE, CB or LB. All three 3 positions have either current issues or future issues or both. But if Chase is there then its got to be tempting to take a legit stud. And if they want to try and get Wentz back on track then what better way than having a stud WR?

Some big big decisions ahead. 

You won’t hear me complain if they draft Chase but if you’d ask me if I believe it’s a smart decision I’d have to say no.

Reasoning is simple; we invested in WR’s in the last draft and before we take another that high, I first want to find out what we have in them and even more importantly I want to see better QB play. We already know Fulgham’s potential and Reagor has shown flashes too.

We have so many needs, any direction they’ll go with their first will probably somewhat make sense and like you said DE, CB and LB are more glaring needs at this point.

Can’t address every hole in one offseason but I’d start right there before I’d use another first on a WR. Only if that receiver is handsdown the best prospect left on the board, I’d consider it but if it’s very close, I’d take the DE or CB.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 10:18 AM, Ray75 said:

Indeed! If we end up with a top 10 pick I’d be stunned if they don’t select a pass rusher like Paye or Rousseau.

Not a great year for edge rushers. Ossai from Texas could be a possibility also. That's assuming they pick later in the draft. Fingers crossed they don't

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

Not a great year for edge rushers. Ossai from Texas could be a possibility also. That's assuming they pick later in the draft. Fingers crossed they don't

They won’t!

Browns will be a tough out, Saints and Seahawks have their number, if Rodgers is on fire they have no shot against the Packers, Cards are  playing great and 2nd Cowboys game will be a lot harder.

Let the G-men win the division, they’re playing the best football in the East right now. Easily can see them taking an edge rusher (or Parsons) if they wind up with a top 10 pick.

Let us get that pick. We need it too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

They won’t!

Browns will be a tough out, Saints and Seahawks have their number, if Rodgers is on fire they have no shot against the Packers, Cards are  playing great and 2nd Cowboys game will be a lot harder.

Let the G-men win the division, they’re playing the best football in the East right now. Easily can see them taking an edge rusher (or Parsons) if they wind up with a top 10 pick.

Let us get that pick. We need it too!

We need better talent. Hopefully the giants take it

On 11/17/2020 at 11:36 AM, Ray75 said:

What say you?!

Ray,

I say there are a total of zero DE's and zero CB's in this draft worthy of an early 1st round pick. This might be the year to find a Trent Cole type in the middle rounds, but I wouldn't spend a 1st on any of these average pass rushers. As for CB, it's the same thing. The best of the bunch is maybe a little above average in other years while a probably superstar is coming out next year in Derek Stingley JR. Target him for next year. If it's me, which it's not, I'd continue to target Chase this year and Stingley next year, and do what it takes to get both of them. 

12 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Ray,

I say there are a total of zero DE's and zero CB's in this draft worthy of an early 1st round pick. This might be the year to find a Trent Cole type in the middle rounds, but I wouldn't spend a 1st on any of these average pass rushers. As for CB, it's the same thing. The best of the bunch is maybe a little above average in other years while a probably superstar is coming out next year in Derek Stingley JR. Target him for next year. If it's me, which it's not, I'd continue to target Chase this year and Stingley next year, and do what it takes to get both of them. 

Yes, the CB class lacks an elite prospect but it’s still a deep and talented group. Of the top of my hat I can name you about 5 to 6 kids who’ll wind up first rounders.

I 100 % agree with you Stingley has a higher ceiling than any of the corners coming out but do you really want to wait an entire year to address the position?! And what if the NFL community catches onto Stingley like you did?! In that scenario he’ll probably wind up a top 5 prospect in the 2022 draft! I certainly hope we’ll not be picking in the top 10 two years in a row and if we don’t, Stingley will definitely be out of reach for us.

You and I both know the Eagles draft tendencies by now. Hardly ever taking a corner in the first, about never taking a safety or linebacker there. Even if they break the trend next year, still can’t see them using a top 10 pick on either of those positions. Only if they win the division and end up with a late teens/early twenties pick, I could see them using their first on, say, a corner but a top 10 pick?! I’d be stunned!

As long as Howie’s still here, it’s either gonna be OL, DL or occasionally WR.

Agreed the DL class isn’t looking great but there is one prospect out there who fits the mold perfectly. A kid who literally is exactly their type IMO. His name is Kwity Paye. Although a tad bigger, he reminds me so much of BG, it’s scary. It feels like history might repeat itself; a BG clone from the same program to be his heir. There’s no doubt in my mind this kid is going to be high on their radar, especially if they pick in the top 10 or close to it and it’s not as if DE isn’t a major need going forward either.

Don’t get me wrong! I love Chase and both Waddle and Smith for that matter. I just have that feeling it’s that time again the Eagles will select a pass rusher in the first if they end up with a high draft pick.

Just now, Ray75 said:

I 100 % agree with you Stingley has a higher ceiling than any of the corners coming out but do you really want to wait an entire year for him?! And what if the NFL community thinks the same about him and he’ll wind up a top 5 prospect in the 2022 draft?! I certainly hope we’ll not be picking in the top 10 two years in a row and if we don’t, Stingley will definitely be out of reach for us.

I guess that depends? What's the plan for rebuilding this team. I know we don't really know that but is this a year or two to rebuild? Or is this a 3-5 year rebuild? If the latter then maybe we do struggle next year and maybe we are in a position to take Stingley next year. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I guess that depends? What's the plan for rebuilding this team. I know we don't really know that but is this a year or two to rebuild? Or is this a 3-5 year rebuild? If the latter then maybe we do struggle next year and maybe we are in a position to take Stingley next year. 

Sorry buddy! But that’s not how it works.

Teams don’t intentionally suck two years in a row to get in position for a specific prospect.

The goal for every team every year is to make the play-offs and possibly the SB.

1 minute ago, Ray75 said:

Sorry buddy! But that’s not how it works.

Teams don’t intentionally suck two years in a row to get in position for a specific prospect.

The goal for every team every year is to make the play-offs and possibly the SB.

Oh hang on woah woah I'm not suggesting that we will intentionally tank for two years. I'm just saying a 1 year rebuild isn't likely with this team either. 

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh hang on woah woah I'm not suggesting that we will intentionally tank for two years. I'm just saying a 1 year rebuild isn't likely with this team either. 

Even if we suck two years in a row unintentionally, it’s way too early to talk about potential targets in the 2022 draft. 

Passing on a quality prospect because you believe you van get a better prospect at that position in the next draft, is not how NFL teams operate IMO. They have a rough lay-out for the future but re-evaluate every year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Even if we suck two years in a row unintentionally, it’s way too early to talk about potential targets in the 2022 draft. 

Passing on a quality prospect because you believe you van get a better prospect at that position in the next draft, is not how NFL teams operate IMO. They have a rough lay-out for the future but re-evaluate every year.

That's completely fair I'm not going to argue that.

If we are in range, we need to take Chase.

Fulgham still has a lot to prove.

Reagor has shown next to nothing aside from his ability to miss games.

Ward shouldn't be a top 3 option on an NFL roster..and I like Ward.

3 hours ago, Swoop said:

If we are in range, we need to take Chase.

Fulgham still has a lot to prove.

Ward shouldn't be a top 3 option on an NFL roster..and I like Ward.

You are one smart bird Swoop!

3 hours ago, Swoop said:

I think that's a little harsh. He suffered a pretty bad injury for a hit taken during a game. He came back within a reasonable time. And he's flashed potential. The issue is this offense doesn't seem to know how to use him. They want to feed him the ball but not necessarily play to their strengths.