Barnett is far from a bust.

ManchesterEagle

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t care what buy. 😂 I’m not making it up either. Nor am I going to waste my time running this thing back and showing photos as proof. 

Come back when you have a legitimate gripe. That's all I'm suggesting ...

10 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Come back when you have a legitimate gripe. That's all I'm suggesting ...

Yeah silly me. He had a great game with his 2 tackles ZERO for loss. You love to defend those guys who just aren’t getting it done. 🤦🏾‍♂️

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah silly me. He had a great game with his 2 tackles ZERO for loss. You love to defend those guys who just aren’t getting it done. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Do you even watch the games or just read the stats afterwards? Pittsburgh wanted no part of the Eagles' pass rush today and gameplanned accordingly. Hard to get sacks if the QB gets rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds. 

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Do you even watch the games or just read the stats afterwards? Pittsburgh wanted no part of the Eagles' pass rush today and gameplanned accordingly. Hard to get sacks if the QB gets rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds. 

Who said anything about sacks? Did you watch the game? Did you see how effective the screens, misdirection, and reverses were today? I saw guys running up field trying to get sacks when they should have been protecting for screens and reverses. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Who said anything about sacks? Did you watch the game? Did you see how effective the screens, misdirection, and reverses were today? I saw guys running up field trying to get sacks when they should have been protecting for screens and reverses. 

I think Pittsburgh had some success with some of that, but nothing overwhelming and certainly nothing to bring up to bash Barnett in this thread. Most of the coverage issues had nothing to do with the D-line or Barnett --- lol.

Just now, brkmsn said:

I think Pittsburgh had some success with some of that, but nothing overwhelming and certainly nothing to bring up to bash Barnett in this thread. Most of the coverage issues had nothing to do with the D-line or Barnett --- lol.

The defensively line in particular the ends over pursued and were constantly out of position. It’s been happening since the Rams game. 

The defensively line in particular the ends over pursued and were constantly out of position. It’s been happening since the Rams game. 

I'll ask again since this thread is about Barnett --- which play did he screw up today by losing containment?

8 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I'll ask again since this thread is about Barnett --- which play did he screw up today by losing containment?

This play alone. Barnett was caught in space and made a hard push towards the QB with number 14 with the ball. He lost containment. He’s not the only one. Just a few plays earlier Avery made a hard push to the quarterback and left the running back wide open, but Ben didn’t throw it to him. 

A11E4B5E-D238-4945-A72B-20E7BBD20C55.jpeg

12 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Same play you see Barnett hard charging then recognizing late the reverse is coming. It was like this all game. 

20C18CFC-36A3-4A42-9522-6AC3EB2B142A.jpeg

13 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Too late. He’s already out of position. With this change your mind? I doubt it. 

4A974EB5-EDB4-4A50-BAAB-B3E680E6FB6D.jpeg

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Too late. He’s already out of position. With this change your mind? I doubt it. 

4A974EB5-EDB4-4A50-BAAB-B3E680E6FB6D.jpeg

was that the 3 yard run?

was that the 3 yard run?

No it went for 8 yards. This was just the first quarter and second drive of the game. I’m telling you our DEs are over pursuing. I’m not just singling our Barnett either. The very next play they ran another end around for the first. That time Barnett didn’t make it up field, cause he was stoned on the play. 

This time Jackson is the culprit. Third end around on the same drive! He peeks inside to watch the run, but it’s too late. The receiver is past him before he can react. Touchdown. 

3C3C4F2B-9CE0-4B12-B7E2-A5848940EBED.jpeg

E8100645-7B2C-4280-BE88-5BCC994A82E9.jpeg

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

This time Jackson is the culprit. Third end around on the same drive! He peeks inside to watch the run, but it’s too late. The receiver is past him before he can react. Touchdown. 

Jackson had no shot on that play because of the formation and that Clayborn is already near full stride when handed the ball. That had nothing to do with over-pursuit. The only hope for the D making that play is Wallace of Gerry getting off their blocks right there. That was a good call against us.  

7 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Jackson had no shot on that play because of the formation and that Clayborn is already near full stride when handed the ball. That had nothing to do with over-pursuit. The only hope for the D making that play is Wallace of Gerry getting off their blocks right there. That was a good call against us.  

He could of made a play if he decided on containment, but he was peeking inside looking at the QB and the back. Those aren't his responsibilities there. His responsibility is to maintain containment. With that being the case neither Gerry or Mills did a good job shedding their blocks. Jackson wasn't even able to impede the play, because he was too late to recognize what was happening despite the fact the Steelers just did it twice the same drive and they failed to stop it. I'll give Jackson some leeway here because he isn't a starter and he isn't normally a DE. Still he didn't do his joob there. If nothing else had he focused on the motion man he could have at lease pushed him back some before he turned upfield. That could be the difference in Mills or Gerry shedding their blocks. Details like that are the differences between winning and losing. Seven points or three points. I will also add this was just the first quarter. This stuff happened all game. 

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He could of made a play if he decided on containment, but he was peeking inside looking at the QB and the back. Those aren't his responsibilities there. His responsibility is to maintain containment. With that being the case neither Gerry or Mills did a good job shedding their blocks. Jackson wasn't even able to impede the play, because he was too late to recognize what was happening despite the fact the Steelers just did it twice the same drive and they failed to stop it. I'll give Jackson some leeway here because he isn't a starter and he isn't normally a DE. Still he didn't do his joob there. If nothing else had he focused on the motion man he could have at lease pushed him back some before he turned upfield. That could be the difference in Mills or Gerry shedding their blocks. Details like that are the differences between winning and losing. Seven points or three points. I will also add this was just the first quarter. This stuff happened all game. 

I still don't think he did enough on this play, but this also as I mentioned not the only play the ends got burned and lost containment or went for the sack instead or realizing they were being suckered for a screen play. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I still don't think he did enough on this play, but this also as I mentioned not the only play the ends got burned and lost containment or went for the sack instead or realizing they were being suckered for a screen play. 

Over pursuing has been an issue since Schwartz got here. 

• Like 1

@brkmsn you keep waving your pom-poms anytime someone criticizes a team with 1 win in 5 games. Are you Eagles marketing or something? :lol:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

@brkmsn you keep waving your pom-poms anytime someone criticizes a team with 1 win in 5 games. Are you Eagles marketing or something? :lol:

No. I just decided to stop living my life like a miserable negadelphian. I'd rather be chastised by my peers for positive posts ...  maybe some hope ... maybe some optimism, than to feel I have to cater to the constant, unbridled finger-pointing, over-reactionary crybaby crowd just to get people to "like" my posts. 

Hey ... don't let me interrupt the "cool-kids scene." Keep tearing this team down. We all know the grass is always greener. FACT!!!111!!!111!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Over pursuing has been an issue since Schwartz got here. 

The double move is a prime example. 

36 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

No. I just decided to stop living my life like a miserable negadelphian. I'd rather be chastised by my peers for positive posts ...  maybe some hope ... maybe some optimism, than to feel I have to cater to the constant, unbridled finger-pointing, over-reactionary crybaby crowd just to get people to "like" my posts. 

Hey ... don't let me interrupt the "cool-kids scene." Keep tearing this team down. We all know the grass is always greener. FACT!!!111!!!111!!!

I don’t mind optimism. In fact there were some legit things to be optimistic about. Fulgham looks like a find. Carson might be turning the corner??? Darius Slay is legit. Ward is a solid receiver. Miles Sanders in space is a home run hitter. See there’s actual legit things I could understand you being excited about. Trying to convince me JJAW is somehow great, and it’s my fault he isn’t somehow isn’t optimism. It’s false propaganda. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

The double move is a prime example. 

Exactly, and why does our corners bite do hard on the double move? Because we play so far off the receiver and have to be able.to stick the tackle when it's caught in front of the corner. Also the burden Schwartz puts on his corners and safeties to stop the run causes them to bite on the double move. Schwartz blows

• Like 1

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Exactly, and why does our corners bite do hard on the double move? Because we play so far off the receiver and have to be able.to stick the tackle when it's caught in front of the corner. Also the burden Schwartz puts on his corners and safeties to stop the run causes them to bite on the double move. Schwartz blows

I think this is the last season of Schwartz. I see no chance of them bringing him back when his contract is up.

I don’t mind optimism. In fact there were some legit things to be optimistic about. Fulgham looks like a find. Carson might be turning the corner??? Darius Slay is legit. Ward is a solid receiver. Miles Sanders in space is a home run hitter. See there’s actual legit things I could understand you being excited about. Trying to convince me JJAW is somehow great, and it’s my fault he isn’t somehow isn’t optimism. It’s false propaganda. 

I never said he was great. Ever. I said I don't label him a bust just because Wentz doesn't target him. Of course, that seems to ruffle feathers of those that do think he's a bust, so they, like you, create this straw man argument where you say I'm heaping praise on him and building him up. He is not my favorite player or even on my "favorite players' list at all. I'm merely rooting for him to turn into the player the Eagles wanted when they drafted him. I happen to have some patience. We invested a 2nd round pick and it would be great to get a return from that investment.