Keep Jackson and Jeffery out...

nipples

Maybe I’m alone here, but I honestly don’t want these two back on the field this year. I’d much rather see who develops out of Hightower, Fulgham, Watkins and Reagor. Ward I think is what he is, which is a solid if not spectacular slot WR, which is fine. 

• Like 12

I won't mind DJax in just because he adds than extra dimension of fear in the defense. I know he's not the same guy but if he can stretch the field it will help Wentz. Now if Reagor and Watkins can do that then I'm all for that.

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

I think both are gone after this season.

Agreed...as they should.

I wouldn't be disappointed if the team decided to sit them or IR them for the year. 

People will argue that if we are to pull it out and get to the play offs that we should play our best players.

On paper DeSean and Alshon may be 2 of our best receivers but as a team I think we function better without them.

• Like 1

Right now we are still competitive this season, so we need to play our best team pure and simple. 

The wide receivers did okay last night, Fulgham in particular was a pleasant surprise. But they didn't light it up either and they were playing against reserve corners.

If Fulgham, Hightower etc earn playing time over the vets then sure they should play. But if Jeffery and Jackson are our best options they need to play while we are still contending. Hopefully Reagor is back by mid-season.

11 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Right now we are still competitive this season, so we need to play our best team pure and simple. 

The wide receivers did okay last night, Fulgham in particular was a pleasant surprise. But they didn't light it up either and they were playing against reserve corners.

If Fulgham, Hightower etc earn playing time over the vets then sure they should play. But if Jeffery and Jackson are our best options they need to play while we are still contending. Hopefully Reagor is back by mid-season.

I think you need to consider more than talent alone, but also chemistry. Wentz, for whatever reason, seems to play better with these young guys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Alshons extension was always a mistake. Really could have used that money he got over the last two years to be rolled over for next year

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nipples said:

Maybe I’m alone here, but I honestly don’t want these two back on the field this year. I’d much rather see who develops out of Hightower, Fulgham, Watkins and Reagor. Ward I think is what he is, which is a solid if not spectacular slot WR, which is fine. 

I think that jackson and jeffrey should get one more shot at contributing.  Because if they're healthy, they could play a valuable part time role deep into the season and perhaps playoffs.

But if they come back, get injured again and miss multiple games, then I agree with you.......inactivate them.......and let the kids play it out.

• Like 2

The Eagles caught lighting in a bottle last night when guys from the bottom of the roster came through.  If Jeffrey and Jackson give the Eagles the best chance to win any particular game, they need to be on the field.

You play to win the game. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nipples said:

I want Jeffery to get on the field and show a little something in hopes a WR-needy team that is close to contending for the postseason will want to swing a deal for him.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I want Jeffery to get on the field and show a little something in hopes a WR-needy team that is close to contending for the postseason will want to swing a deal for him.

Dude you just described the Eagles!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I've seen enough to know that after this season heading into 2021:

• Jeffrey and Jackson - gone
  • JJ-AWFUL - should be cut, like yesterday
  • Reagor, Ward - the only reliable receivers to count on as locks in 2021 going forward
  • Other young WRs will remain on roster or practice squad to compete
    • We'll continue to evaluate their performance throughout this season and have better idea of what they have
  • They will still need another WR upgrade to pair with Reagor, Ward and the other young receivers
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I've seen enough to know that after this season heading into 2021:

• Jeffrey and Jackson - gone
  • JJ-AWFUL - should be cut, like yesterday
  • Reagor, Ward - the only reliable receivers to count on as locks in 2021 going forward
  • Other young WRs will remain on roster or practice squad to compete
    • We'll continue to evaluate their performance throughout this season and have better idea of what they have
  • They will still need another WR upgrade to pair with Reagor, Ward and the other young receivers

Pretty good chance they’re high enough in the draft to get Ja’Marr Chase... be a perfect WR to pair with Reagor on the outside. 

• Like 1

Jackson still has his speed so I'd make him earn his contract this season still

Alshon looked slow as hell the last time he played. Who knows what he's like now

Jackson needs to go. Too injury prone and not giving us more than a couple of games for a year. Let the young kids get that time. We still might be able to use Jeffery.  We need some catches over the middle. But, this is his last year, too.  But, I agree with the premise that we need to start turning this roster over to youth and also for cap relief.

2 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Not sure we want all rooks and Ward out there.

Almost worked last year. 

5 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I’d be completely shocked if they weren’t.  I think they spent so many picks (4) at the position the past 2 years anticipating the cap situation and the need to move on from those 2.  It’s a shame JJAW continues to look like a complete failure.  Hated the pick then, hate it even more as time goes on.  

• Like 1

There is a list of guys I would like to see gone, but it's gotten so long, I will just put the list away and not bore anyone with it today. 😆

I think if Wentz continues to play his way out of his issues, these young WRs may play better than people expect.  Fulgham and Hightower made some big plays last night because Wentz had to try and use them....he had no choice.  They obviously will get Jackson and Jeffrey involved at some point, but they have to let these kids try to make a play.

There's no game breaking free agent WRs floating around.....they have to depend on these young WRs even if jackson and jeffrey can come back and play....because if those 2 stay healthy, it'll be a f------ miracle.

Got to see what Fulgham, Hightower, Watkins, Butler and even Reagor can do over the course of the season.  JJAW doesn't get many snaps and Wentz doesn't look his way anyway.  Pedersen and Wentz need to continue to spread the ball around and give them chances make a play.

i'm all for the younger guys getting the playing time , they seem to give 100% every snap.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nipples said:

Pretty good chance they’re high enough in the draft to get Ja’Marr Chase... be a perfect WR to pair with Reagor on the outside. 

Yes.

Unfortunately the way my work schedule has been, I have not been able to see any of the games in their entirety. That being said, from what I have seen, Wentz is an absolute check-down machine. I would like to see Alshon & DJax out there because I believe they still give us the best chance to win.