Keep Jackson and Jeffery out...

nipples

We are one bad series from being 2-2.  It's early in the season and there was no pre-season.  How about we take the next few games to see where we really are.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eagle-mike said:

We are one bad series from being 2-2.  It's early in the season and there was no pre-season.  How about we take the next few games to see where we really are.  

And that's a fair comment... But many of the issues we have are the same issues that a lot of us thought we'd have. Those issues aren't necessarily correctable with more football. 

At this point since we're in first place, if they're healthy they should play.  One or both of them are gone next year anyway so we might as well try to squeeze any juice out of them that's left. 

18 hours ago, eagle-mike said:

You can say that about any team and any game.  If only this, or if only that.  They could be 4-0 if only...

At the quarter mark they are 1-2-1.  "You are what the record says you are."  

Next they face a Steelers team that has been resting for 2 weeks since they couldn't play their game against the Titans, then the Ravens.  They could easily be 1-4-1 after that.  We'll see.  Then they get some easier games in the division.  

I'm interested in the stretch later in the year vs the Seahawks, Packers then Saints.  After that it's more division teams and we'll see where they stand in the division and if Dallas improves or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I'm interested in the stretch later in the year vs the Seahawks, Packers then Saints.  After that it's more division teams and we'll see where they stand in the division and if Dallas improves or not.

That is one brutal stretch.  Hate to think this way but I believe we go 0-3 there.  Regarding Dallas, their defense is a mess but their offense is really clicking.  Can’t say either of our units are clicking ... we’re struggling on both offense and defense.  Unfortunately Dallas is the better team right now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, time2rock said:

That is one brutal stretch.  Hate to think this way but I believe we go 0-3 there.

That's a brutal stretch but we said the same of the 3 game stretch we are now in. And we just travelled to the west coast and beat SF.

13 hours ago, time2rock said:

That is one brutal stretch.  Hate to think this way but I believe we go 0-3 there.  Regarding Dallas, their defense is a mess but their offense is really clicking.  Can’t say either of our units are clicking ... we’re struggling on both offense and defense.  Unfortunately Dallas is the better team right now.

Yeah pretty much this, divisionally I think we can beat the Gina's (but then Washington cleaned our clock the second half on opening day so who knows), but I don't see our secondary getting near stopping the Cowgirls, they currently have 3 receivers and a tight end in the top 40 for receiving yards, we don't have a soul in the top 75, our top receiver has fewer yards than Zeke.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's a brutal stretch but we said the same of the 3 game stretch we are now in. And we just travelled to the west coast and beat SF.

Yeah but we also didn’t know San Fran would be missing their starting QB when we said that about this stretch. 

3 hours ago, nipples said:

Yeah but we also didn’t know San Fran would be missing their starting QB when we said that about this stretch. 

Exactly... What's to say Green Bay or New Orleans aren't without theirs. Unlikely but you never know. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Exactly... What's to say Green Bay or New Orleans aren't without theirs. Unlikely but you never know. 

Eh, I guess but I don’t think you plan wins and losses around the opposition potentially losing their starting QB :lol:

Now Jeffrey can't play- not because of injury, but because he is... wait for it...sick. Now the soft, fragile little beeyautch has poopy pants and can't play. He is sickies. Someone usher this bum and all the other soft and/or old a** player out the door. DeSean, Clement, Jeffrey, Peters... like they say in the cartoon's "Out, out out... and STAY out!"

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, nipples said:

Eh, I guess but I don’t think you plan wins and losses around the opposition potentially losing their starting QB :lol:

No of course not. That's not my point though. My point is that looks like a really tough 3 games... But it could change. 

On 10/8/2020 at 2:55 PM, NOTW said:

You can say that about any team and any game.  If only this, or if only that.  They could be 4-0 if only...

At the quarter mark they are 1-2-1.  "You are what the record says you are."  

Next they face a Steelers team that has been resting for 2 weeks since they couldn't play their game against the Titans, then the Ravens.  They could easily be 1-4-1 after that.  We'll see.  Then they get some easier games in the division.  

i agree, and if we take those four relatively easy games: division games plus Cleveland---we should probably finish up 9-6-1. We may actually be on something of a tear by then with Reagor and some of the OL back intact. Not sure it'll be enough to handle Rodgers, but the way the Saints are playing, they are beatable. Seattle---forget it. 

On 10/9/2020 at 8:00 PM, Portyansky said:

Alshon and DeSean will be back in the lineup next week. 

And will get injured during that game and be out the next game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

And will get injured during that game and be out the next game.

At this point I just think everyone needs to accept that certainly DeSean just isn't going to contribute anything. 

DJax can stay on IR.  Don't mind to have Jeffrey back when he is healthy.  He may not get the full load as in the past.  But can't still contribute and draw defensive attention.  We don't have a procession WR on the roster, JJaw has been non-exitent.  Speedy guys we have a few. 

On 10/7/2020 at 8:53 PM, eagle-mike said:

Too much common sense in this post to be appreciated here.  It's a long season.

On 10/7/2020 at 7:53 PM, eagle-mike said:

Realistically the eagles could be 3 -1 , even for how bad they have looked.  Feels like I've been saying stuff like that ever since I became a eagles fan though. 

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

At this point I just think everyone needs to accept that certainly DeSean just isn't going to contribute anything. 

I've accepted that from the start of the season.  

46 minutes ago, eaglestime34 said:

I've accepted that from the start of the season.  

Last season for me.  I can see how they let him hang around on a pitch count to bridge these rookies. but this is ridiculous.

On 10/5/2020 at 8:56 AM, nipples said:

Maybe I’m alone here, but I honestly don’t want these two back on the field this year. I’d much rather see who develops out of Hightower, Fulgham, Watkins and Reagor. Ward I think is what he is, which is a solid if not spectacular slot WR, which is fine. 

Add Ertz on this list as well. He's acting like how D Jax acted in 2011. Eagles need to send a message by sitting Ertz next game.