Keep Jackson and Jeffery out...

nipples

Having them back won’t make much difference. The rust on them is going to be awful. Jeffries hasn’t played in almost a year and Jackson will just be hurt again on the first play. Just let the young guys plays and see what they can do at this point.

On 10/18/2020 at 7:49 PM, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Having them back won’t make much difference. The rust on them is going to be awful. Jeffries hasn’t played in almost a year and Jackson will just be hurt again on the first play. Just let the young guys plays and see what they can do at this point.

Can't disagree with this. I don't think either really improve the offense and I don't want the young guys to lose snaps for these two.

I think what gets lost in all this is that when you start so many players with inexperience (as a pro player or within a system) all at once, you are may be hurting the evaluation process. You have more opportunities on offense when you stay on the field (as a unit). We started the game Sunday  on offense coming off the field on our 1st 6 drives having run 3 plays or less. If you can extend these drives, you actually get more opportunities. So when you have players that are struggling with familiarity, are limited in what plays they can run, etc... you simply aren't getting the best evaluation. A player like Fulgham that had no familiarity with Wentz because he was part of the 3rd team in practice demonstrated that he was ready to shine. Mailata, despite a lot of worries (about his lack of football experience) is demonstrating that he can play at this level. However, mistakes all over the field are hurting the development of this team as a whole. Fulgham and Mailata have started games out of necessity, which is fine. When you have the chance to add stability to the team because a good player is coming back from injury, that can actually help other young players develop when they come on the field. 

So you make decisions on the players that have embraced their opportunity and played well. You keep Fulgham on the field. If Peters comes back, maybe keep Mailata at LT and move JP back to RG. Hightower doesn't need to start at this time and he can rotate with Jackson (who will probably be on a snap count anyway) when he comes back. Jeffery actually looks really good in practice and he has always been a Wentz favorite as a target. We need to figure something out because if he's on the roster and available, he's better than people around here are giving him credit for being. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

I think what gets lost in all this is that when you start so many players with inexperience (as a pro player or within a system) all at once, you are may be hurting the evaluation process. You have more opportunities on offense when you stay on the field (as a unit). We started the game Sunday  on offense coming off the field on our 1st 6 drives having run 3 plays or less. If you can extend these drives, you actually get more opportunities. So when you have players that are struggling with familiarity, are limited in what plays they can run, etc... you simply aren't getting the best evaluation. A player like Fulgham that had no familiarity with Wentz because he was part of the 3rd team in practice demonstrated that he was ready to shine. Mailata, despite a lot of worries (about his lack of football experience) is demonstrating that he can play at this level. However, mistakes all over the field are hurting the development of this team as a whole. Fulgham and Mailata have started games out of necessity, which is fine. When you have the chance to add stability to the team because a good player is coming back from injury, that can actually help other young players develop when they come on the field. 

So you make decisions on the players that have embraced their opportunity and played well. You keep Fulgham on the field. If Peters comes back, maybe keep Mailata at LT and move JP back to RG. Hightower doesn't need to start at this time and he can rotate with Jackson (who will probably be on a snap count anyway) when he comes back. Jeffery actually looks really good in practice and he has always been a Wentz favorite as a target. We need to figure something out because if he's on the roster and available, he's better than people around here are giving him credit for being. 

Agreed. Despite my feelings about Jeffery, he adds stability and veteran experience at the position. When he is ready to go, put him out there.

However, I think the kids should still get a a few play calls in the game. Ideally, we would put the youngins in the right spots on gameday, with the dual purpose of giving the vets a break. Most of their growth will happen in practice with targeted coaching to develop their game. Gameday will be a chance for them to slowly implement what they have learned in a live action situation. 

• 2 months later...

Reports are Jackson has traveled with the team to Dallas. Apparently he’s been pushing himself to try and play again. I just hope he doesn’t take snaps away from Quez or Fulgham. 

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Reports are Jackson has traveled with the team to Dallas. Apparently he’s been pushing himself to try and play again. I just hope he doesn’t take snaps away from Quez or Fulgham. 

We both know that is exactly what will happen. They can't help but cater to crap ass old players these days

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

We both know that is exactly what will happen. They can't help but cater to crap ass old players these days

It’s disappointing, because I’d like to see these you kids develop. It’s a shame Jackson’s season was cut back due to a dirty injury too. It says a lot that he’s worked hard to come back for these last two though. I didn’t think he had that in him. 

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s disappointing, because I’d like to see these you kids develop. It’s a shame Jackson’s season was cut back due to a dirty injury too. It says a lot that he’s worked hard to come back for these last two though. I didn’t think he had that in him. 

Meh, I'll call it even since last season he thought he would fight through an injury that he should of gotten surgery for. He is a ****. 

8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Meh, I'll call it even since last season he thought he would fight through an injury that he should of gotten surgery for. He is a ****. 

Either way it’s his last year here... I hope. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Either way it’s his last year here... I hope. 

Let the record show the only time I liked chip kelly was when he got rid of Desean lol

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Let the record show the only time I liked chip kelly was when he got rid of Desean lol

I didn’t mind Chip getting rid of Jackson. My issue was always his failing to get anything for him when he was in his prime coming off his best season. Sorry, but that was just stupid on his part. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I didn’t mind Chip getting rid of Jackson. My issue was always his failing to get anything for him when he was in his prime coming off his best season. Sorry, but that was just stupid on his part. 

Well he tarnished deseans reputation.... Which seems to be the case with Wentz. This team for how long is terrible at getting max value for guys because they air their dirty laundry before even engaging in talks 

36 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well he tarnished deseans reputation.... Which seems to be the case with Wentz. This team for how long is terrible at getting max value for guys because they air their dirty laundry before even engaging in talks 

Consecutive years Chip let his leading receiver walk out the door for absolutely nothing. He traded his running back for a broken linebacker. He traded his quarterback for a broken quarterback. The guy was a dope. 

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Consecutive years Chip let his leading receiver walk out the door for absolutely nothing. He traded his running back for a broken linebacker. He traded his quarterback for a broken quarterback. The guy was a dope. 

True that. People tried to justify the McCoy trade

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think it'll be Watkins that gets inactive 

8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Another guy I didn’t mind was gone, but he got rid of all of his skills players for nothing in return basically and it got him fired. 

17 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I think it'll be Watkins that gets inactive 

And that would be ridiculous

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Another guy I didn’t mind was gone, but he got rid of all of his skills players for nothing in return basically and it got him fired. 

I'll admit I loved McCoy then. So I was flat out pissed

McCoy tearing up the Lions in the snow game is a great memory.

Bringing back Jackson, who has been all but useless, makes no sense.

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

yes, but change any of what happened and it's very well possible we don't win a Super Bowl a few years later. I like the way things played out just fine. 

22 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Quez I agree with but he can have Fulgham's snaps as far as I'm concerned.

We are going to end up beating Dallas, not making the playoffs and Dallas will pick the best player we need right before us.......

11 hours ago, JohnB said:

yes, but change any of what happened and it's very well possible we don't win a Super Bowl a few years later. I like the way things played out just fine. 

OR change what’s happened for the better and we are winning Super Bowls for the next decade like the Patriots. 

4 hours ago, NYEagle said:

We are going to end up beating Dallas, not making the playoffs and Dallas will pick the best player we need right before us.......

Well, if we're targeting a CB in the 1st then I'd agree but I doubt they go WR in the first round AGAIN? They have too many needs on defense this time around.

Another way to look at it is that we have so many needs anyways and they'll only be taking one player before us, so it's not so bad. 😎

On 10/18/2020 at 2:49 PM, xxeaglesfanxx said:

On 10/20/2020 at 5:25 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Can't disagree with this. I don't think either really improve the offense and I don't want the young guys to lose snaps for these two.

D jax can still fly!