Ok, I’m All In On Travis Fulgham

Runtherock

Fulgham is the new Mack Hollins, a guy who had that one great touchdown and hangs around as #6 receiver forever on the strength of it.

Even Ward is nothing more than an average slot guy, the fact that he plays slot will bump his numbers in our offense.

Every depth chart and PS needs guys who can play the game without being a scrub. Maybe this guy can stick on the depth chart or the PS. Time will tell but the early signs are good.

28 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

It was just ONE play where he got lucky, because he didn't track the ball properly- he lost sight of it, actually. I wish him the best, but I'm not excited over this guy because of one play.

Not for nothing but Reagor made one play and people were claiming he’s legit. I agree with you though. 

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

I wonder if that is due to the revolving door of WRs for Wentz.  It's hard for WRs to be consistent when they're in and out of the lineup.  Alshon and DeSean come back then these younger guys sit.  Then one or both of them miss games here and there.

I mean I was kind of referring more to league wide not just the Eagles. But yeah I mean that could be a real contributing factor for sure. 

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

It was just ONE play where he got lucky, because he didn't track the ball properly- he lost sight of it, actually. I wish him the best, but I'm not excited over this guy because of one play.

It's the 4.58 40 that I'm not excited about, don't expect him to beating NFL CBs..

13 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

It's the 4.58 40 that I'm not excited about, don't expect him to beating NFL CBs..

I'm not sure what that means. Greg Ward isn't fast but he beats NFL CBs. OBJ isn't necessarily fast but he beats NFL CBs. Same with Antonio Brown. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not sure what that means. Greg Ward isn't fast but he beats NFL CBs. OBJ isn't necessarily fast but he beats NFL CBs. Same with Antonio Brown. 

OK, but don't hold your breath waiting for him to beat NFL corners cause it ain't gonna happen.

Now if you want him dancing with the LBs he can be a possession receiver if he has the heart for it.

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

OK, but don't hold your breath waiting for him to beat NFL corners cause it ain't gonna happen.

Now if you want him dancing with the LBs he can be a possession receiver if he has the heart for it.

Right but why can't he beat NFL corners? I'm not saying that he absolutely will. But why are you so sure he won't? What makes a good WR really? 

Sounds like the Nasty Nate award now applies to the regular season too :roll:

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

and brkmsn ^_^

I'd still root for the guys we have (including DJax and Jeffery). 

There's one thing I find interesting about JJAW during his time as an Eagle. During that preseason game where Kessler and McCown played, he was targeted 9 or 10 times and finished with 8 catches. You often will see a backup QB come into the game and prefer to throw to a player that is also on the #2 team in practice because there's some familiarity. This was obviously just a preseason game, but when has Wentz targeted him even 4 times in one game? You can watch those videos and each game shows each pass snap that he was in for that game. For the most part, Wentz just isn't looking his way. This is the reason I defend JJAW. Now ...  I remember Na Brown always being so good in practice and whatnot, but he was actually targeted by McNabb in games and when given a chance, struggled with drops. If  I was seeing too much of that from JJAW, I'd join the hate mob. Before I file my "bust" vote, I want to see him thrown to. 

We have 12 games left, 2 oft-injured vet starters, a promising rookie battling injuries himself and a few other interesting, young WRs getting opportunities. I'm just curious at this point (the remaining 12 games) what would be the minimum numbers you would want to see from JJAW to keep your mind open for 2021? I expected him to have than "zero catches" by this point, but the fact is he does not. So I predict (after seeing Wentz finally having  throw to someone besides Ertz) that it will help Wentz moving forward to spread the ball a bit. My prediction for JJAW is he will end up with 28 - 350 - 4 TDs. 

If that was #13 from last year he would’ve dropped the ball or lost it in the lights. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What makes a good WR really? 

The ability to get separation, otherwise your QB is just throwing 50/50 balls.

Maybe you should ponder how a WR gets separation.

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I'd still root for the guys we have (including DJax and Jeffery). 

There's one thing I find interesting about JJAW during his time as an Eagle. During that preseason game where Kessler and McCown played, he was targeted 9 or 10 times and finished with 8 catches. You often will see a backup QB come into the game and prefer to throw to a player that is also on the #2 team in practice because there's some familiarity. This was obviously just a preseason game, but when has Wentz targeted him even 4 times in one game? You can watch those videos and each game shows each pass snap that he was in for that game. For the most part, Wentz just isn't looking his way. This is the reason I defend JJAW. Now ...  I remember Na Brown always being so good in practice and whatnot, but he was actually targeted by McNabb in games and when given a chance, struggled with drops. If  I was seeing too much of that from JJAW, I'd join the hate mob. Before I file my "bust" vote, I want to see him thrown to. 

We have 12 games left, 2 oft-injured vet starters, a promising rookie battling injuries himself and a few other interesting, young WRs getting opportunities. I'm just curious at this point (the remaining 12 games) what would be the minimum numbers you would want to see from JJAW to keep your mind open for 2021? I expected him to have than "zero catches" by this point, but the fact is he does not. So I predict (after seeing Wentz finally having  throw to someone besides Ertz) that it will help Wentz moving forward to spread the ball a bit. My prediction for JJAW is he will end up with 28 - 350 - 4 TDs. 

There is no way in hell JJAW ends up with those numbers.

7 hours ago, hukdonfoniks said:

Sounds like the Nasty Nate award now applies to the regular season too :roll:

Yeah I know. Odds are the kid disappears. But sometimes all you need is an opportunity. Making a play that wins a nationally televised NFL game ain’t nothing. So I’m pulling for Travis. Hope he gets another chance ..

A name shouldn't get you nowhere on this team right now. Players have become to comfortable and stagnant. Play the players that are hungry.

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

The ability to get separation, otherwise your QB is just throwing 50/50 balls.

Maybe you should ponder how a WR gets separation.

A WR can get separation a number of ways. Not just through speed. And not all WRs need separation to win. 

18 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Right but why can't he beat NFL corners? I'm not saying that he absolutely will. But why are you so sure he won't? What makes a good WR really? 

You have to remember who you’re talking to. He has an absolute obsession with 40 time and speedzzzz. If a guy isn’t blazing fast, he’s a bum. 

Forget that Jerry Rice was a 4.5-4.6 guy. Bum. 

For more current stud receivers, Michael Thomas ran a 4.57. Keenan Allen 4.71 .

On 10/7/2020 at 8:07 AM, brkmsn said:

I like players that get an opportunity and make the most of it. I don't think we'll be able to keep him on the active roster with the other guys we want to protect. 

Drop JJAW like a bad habit if needed, Fulgham should stick around.

https://gfycat.com/slowacidicbarbet

There's also a video out there of him doing the same thing against the 49ers... Now, I'm not saying that that alone keeps him on the roster, but I am saying that keeps him on the roster over JJAW.

19 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Route running > then speed. 

22 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Speed, technique, and/or scheme is how you beat nfl defensive backs. Pure speed can only get you so far (look at Marquise Goodwin)

4 hours ago, B3 said:

Ahem, it's J-Yawn

JJ-AWFUL

JJLOL

JJWTF

J-Yawn too closet to Jawn and we can't have that.  ^_^

Archived