Ok, I’m All In On Travis Fulgham

Runtherock

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

You're so sure Reagor, Hightower, Watkins and JJAW won't be good?

How productive are they now?

5 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

It says we've had a lot of injuries at WR. The rest is just your narrative. We've had hits, we've had misses. You can dwell on one if you have to ... and you do ...

JJAW your man crush was healthy today. He had one catch. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

JJAW your man crush was healthy today. He had one catch. 

JJAW wears midnight green. I root for him to play well, not fail. IDK if he'll be great or flop in the NFL. I know he hasn't been thrown to very much. 

12 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

You're so sure Reagor, Hightower, Watkins and JJAW won't be good?

Jury still out on the first 3. JJAW is a bust.

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

JJAW wears midnight green. I root for him to play well, not fail. IDK if he'll be great or flop in the NFL. I know he hasn't been thrown to very much. 

I don’t think you understand the difference between rooting for someone to fail and them actually failing. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think you understand the difference between rooting for someone to fail and them actually failing. 

Failing was JJAW on the long pass in the Detroit game last year or Nate Gerry in coverage this year. Failing is not "not being used." When he is making critical mistakes on the field and hurting the offense, I'll pass judgement. When he is out there and Wentz isn't looking at him, I can't really blame him for that. Wentz went his way one time today and he made the catch. Yeah, it didn't matter --- but he didn't make the throw. 

Failing was JJAW on the long pass in the Detroit game last year or Nate Gerry in coverage this year. Failing is not "not being used." When he is making critical mistakes on the field and hurting the offense, I'll pass judgement. When he is out there and Wentz isn't looking at him, I can't really blame him for that. Wentz went his way one time today and he made the catch. Yeah, it didn't matter --- but he didn't make the throw. 

Meh he’s had his opportunities and hasn’t stepped up enough. I’ll give him some credit. He made the catch. It’s something he can build on. Wentz not going his way is cause he doesn’t trust him. I can’t say that I blame Carson for that. I don’t care how you want to sugar coat it. He hasn’t lived up to his draft position. That’s not rooting for him to fail. That’s just facts, and for the record I’d be extremely happy for him to go out there and have half a Fulgham game. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Meh he’s had his opportunities and hasn’t stepped up enough. I’ll give him some credit. He made the catch. It’s something he can build on. Wentz not going his way is cause he doesn’t trust him. I can’t say that I blame Carson for that. I don’t care how you want to sugar coat it. He hasn’t lived up to his draft position. That’s not rooting for him to fail. That’s just facts, and for the record I’d be extremely happy for him to go out there and have half a Fulgham game. 

I agree about the trust thing. I think trusting WRs has been Wentz' biggest hindrance in his growth. At least he trusts Fulgham and that looks like something we can build off of. I simply haven't closed the door on JJAW yet. I think people around here do that way too early. 

Just now, brkmsn said:

I agree about the trust thing. I think trusting WRs has been Wentz' biggest hindrance in his growth. At least he trusts Fulgham and that looks like something we can build off of. I simply haven't closed the door on JJAW yet. I think people around here do that way too early. 

I just watched Gallop make an incredible catch in coverage. Do I think for a moment JJAW can do that? No. For the record Fulgham earned his touches. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Who signed him to this team?

Do you think Howie is scouting these players and is a true NFL talent evaluator? 

I don't think so. He makes his splashes in the first 2-3 rounds and in trade and free agency with proven players.

Mid to late rounds and practice squad he is just relying on the scouts and coaches telling him who they want.

Howie also drafted Hollins, Gibson, Pumphrey and JJAW. They were very lucky Fulgham played well. Let's hope it continues. 

23 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Is that how soon you evaluate drafts?

It's an ongoing and never ending process. Every week they are not productive is a week against them. That's life.

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

It's an ongoing and never ending process. Every week they are not productive is a week against them. That's life.

So Reagor's thumb injury is making that pick look bad now?

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Do you think Howie is scouting these players and is a true NFL talent evaluator? 

I don't think so. He makes his splashes in the first 2-3 rounds and in trade and free agency with proven players.

Mid to late rounds and practice squad he is just relying on the scouts and coaches telling him who they want.

Howie also drafted Hollins, Gibson, Pumphrey and JJAW. They were very lucky Fulgham played well. Let's hope it continues. 

Which is it? Is he responsible or are the scouts responsible? Is it someone else?

Which is it? Is he responsible or are the scouts responsible? Is it someone else?

Howie tells them where to scout and he ultimately makes the pick. Howie signs the free agents. Howie chooses who to resign and who not to. Even in a collaborative effort he has the final say. 

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

So Reagor's thumb injury is making that pick look bad now?

That's just silly. No it does not. If he however starts stringing injuries together then that could be a big issue like with Desean Jackson.

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Scot McGloughan was Howie’s hire as a "consultant” for our drafts 2017-2019.  Based on those drafts, pretty sure he was hitting the sauce again.

Just now, PoconoDon said:

That's just silly. No it does not. If he however starts stringing injuries together then that could be a big issue like with Desean Jackson.

That can happen with Reagor --- that can happen with DK Metcalf --- that can happen with anybody.

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

It’s not even a lower body injury which is the big worry with a guy that relies on speed. 

Since JJAW has no fast twitch muscles to speak of, he will not have to worry about tissue injuries.

Just now, brkmsn said:

The scouts and personnel people put together the draft board. I'm guessing Howie is not as researched on guys in later rounds and UDFA as he is about the early rounds. My guess is he wants to make his splash in early rounds then just looks at what the coaches and scouts are pushing for. Howie wanted speed this year. Or Stoutland sees an O lineman he wants. I doubt Howie is the one pounding his fist in the war room for a 6th or 7th rounder, or the genius to discover an undrafted free agent or personally identifying a player from another team's practice squad. 

You think Howie is some great eye for talent that HE noticed a guy who was drafted in the 6th by the Lions, cut then the Packers cut and thought he'd be a great hidden gem? After just drafting 3 WRs and trading for Goodwin? I doubt it. Some scout or coach brings that player up and Howie draws up the paperwork. 

5 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

That can happen with Reagor --- that can happen with DK Metcalf --- that can happen with anybody.

And yet some guys never miss multiple games each year or several whole seasons. Some are just tougher than others. Time will tell on how prone to injury Reagor is or isn't. 

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

The scouts and personnel people put together the draft board. I'm guessing Howie is not as researched on guys in later rounds and UDFA as he is about the early rounds. My guess is he wants to make his splash in early rounds then just looks at what the coaches and scouts are pushing for. Howie wanted speed this year. Or Stoutland sees an O lineman he wants. I doubt Howie is the one pounding his fist in the war room for a 6th or 7th rounder, or the genius to discover an undrafted free agent or personally identifying a player from another team's practice squad. 

You think Howie is some great eye for talent that HE noticed a guy who was drafted in the 6th by the Lions, cut then the Packers cut and thought he'd be a great hidden gem? After just drafting 3 WRs and trading for Goodwin? I doubt it. Some scout or coach brings that player up and Howie draws up the paperwork. 

In Fulgham's case, he was claimed off waivers so that means they were interested in him from previous scouting. He probably wasn't expected to make the team as much as just to push the other guys, but he did. Having a year of experience trying to make a team probably helped him this year get noticed in camp. He got his opportunity here and he made the most of it. IDK why everybody blames Howie for disappointments, but won't give any credit for the surprises. It's weird.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Who signed him to this team?

Who took JJaw over Metcalf?

14 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

And yet some guys never miss multiple games each year or several whole seasons. Some are just tougher than others. Time will tell on how prone to injury Reagor is or isn't. 

You know where DJax went to college, right?  :P

Archived