Board technical issues

Moderator12

13 hours ago, What The F said:

Might want to think about limiting Signatures. It looks like they can be really long.  Once this place gets going,  its going to be pages half full of Signatures 

If you hit the x in the top right corner of anyone’s signature there is an option to hide all signatures.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Doesn't this board come with unlimited space?

Yes

FYSA, I'm not sure if it's been brought up.  I can't sign up/post from Safari.

1 minute ago, Wentz_Era said:

FYSA, I'm not sure if it's been brought up.  I can't sign up/post from Safari.

I signed up on safari last night, and have posted multiple times.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I signed up on safari last night, and have posted multiple times.

Maybe it's just me but I kept getting a security check issue and on safari the post block is completely grey.  Switched to chrome and I have no issue.

9 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Maybe it's just me but I kept getting a security check issue and on safari the post block is completely grey.  Switched to chrome and I have no issue.

Weird.

15 hours ago, IFB DOG said:

I think we need to get rid of gifs in signatures @Moderator12. That's going to take up a lot of space.

Skin on mobile is a light blue. So are tags.

I just fixed the tags (at least on the non-mobile skin). I'll see about the mobile skin shortly, too. 

26 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just fixed the tags (at least on the non-mobile skin). I'll see about the mobile skin shortly, too. 

confirmed. tag color is fixed on mobile device non-mobile version.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

confirmed. tag color is fixed on mobile device non-mobile version.

But not the mobile version?

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

But not the mobile version?

Not sure on that. I dont use mobile version ever. Dont even know how.  I use my phone a lot but I come to the website. 

16 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Nothing with facebook posts

I'm going to test this and see what happens...

I'm on Chrome right now, and I see the Facebook post. I'll check with some of my other browsers and see how it looks there. 

• Like 1

Not a bug but a question. 

On the old old board, in a forum where you could see how many replies and posts next to each thread, replies used to be clickable and youd be able to see a list of posters who have posted in the thread, and how many replies they have in the thread.

That went away with one of the updates.

Is that something we can get back or is it gone from invision?

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm going to test this and see what happens...

I'm on Chrome right now, and I see the Facebook post. I'll check with some of my other browsers and see how it looks there. 

I see your vid too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

How's the facebook bug coming along?

Also can't seem to rate threads. 

I just checked on Chrome, IE11, Firefox and Edge and the Eagles Facebook post that I embedded, showed up on all of those browsers.

Which browser are you using?

I also cant rate this thread. I see the stars, but they arent clickable. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Not a bug but a question. 

On the old old board, in a forum where you could see how many replies and posts next to each thread, replies used to be clickable and youd be able to see a list of posters who have posted in the thread, and how many replies they have in the thread.

That went away with one of the updates.

Is that something we can get back or is it gone from invision?

I liked that feature that you're bringing up. I think that Invision did away with it, but I won't swear to that. I'll look into it though and see if it's just a feature that's turned off, and if it can be turned back on. Like I said though, I think they just did away with it.

• Like 1

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I liked that feature that you're bringing up. I think that Invision did away with it, but I won't swear to that. I'll look into it though and see if it's just a feature that's turned off, and if it can be turned back on. Like I said though, I think they just did away with it.

I think I remember that they got rid of it too. But if you can check, and find it thatd be great. 

18 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just checked on Chrome, IE11, Firefox and Edge and the Eagles Facebook post that I embedded, showed up on all of those browsers.

Which browser are you using?

From mobile. When I click paste nothing shows up. Are you clicking on the link button next to the quote button and then adding it through there?

Just now, Mike030270 said:

From mobile. When I click paste nothing shows up. Are you clicking on the link button next to the quote button and then adding it through there?

I'm on a desktop, so it may be acting differently on a mobile device and I won't see that. But when I added the Facebook post from the Eagles, I just copied and pasted the link into the posting area at the bottom of the page. 

But, like I said, I'm on my desktop. In a little while, I'll grab my tablet and see if it's showing as 'mobile' on that, then I can see how that's looking. 

• Like 1

Looks like the "Merged with recent post" function is still enabled. Please disable that at your earliest convenience. Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

This is actually a better version of the Eagles board as this has like options similar to what there is over on the NYC Transit Fourms board I also post on (as Wallyhorse).

Link is just so you can see the similarities in that board to this one: 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@Moderator12 not a bug, but can you make it so commonly used emojis always stay in the recently used section ??

How do you do that ??

top of the thread there are starts. You give it a star rating. Hunt likes to give "1 stah!"