Board technical issues

Moderator12

10 hours ago, JohnB said:

thank you to all involved in making this so seamless. 

What JohnB said!  

1 minute ago, Moderator12 said:

Hmmm

94326231_10158450765071177_2225731333588

I'm not able to replicate it.  Did you open the image by itself in a new tab?  For example, the image above looks like this, link wise, and embedded automatically

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/94326231_10158450765071177_2225731333588516864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQmIIgmCXRNjAZy6riuJVWfhxMla1rVANNQYm7ft64hd64Mc41TvPX3oRk9rvt8HKvc&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=eec54882e6809d37675a94ea710f60f2&oe=5EC5CBA2

I click the share button then more options then click copy. Then go here and paste and nothing appears

On 4/20/2020 at 10:31 PM, Moderator12 said:

Welcome back everyone.  I want to give a big thank you to @VaBeach_Eagle for making this happen.

He (and I, to a lesser extent) has worked his butt off over the past week to make this happen. And I can promise you, we did our best to get this place set up to mirror the old board for as smooth of a transition as possible.

But as you all know, new boards, new problems.  In between scrambling to get all the new registrations validated and checking reports, I'll be looking into issues and trying to find a fix for them.  To help me out, if you run into any issues, please post them in this thread so I have one single place to look for and track bugs.

Issue Log

No spoiler tag

Button colors

Facebook not embedding links on mobile

Possible Certificate issue

Registrations are not working in Safari

Embedding tweets have green to the right  Fixed!  Thanks to @Gator 12    

Round Avatars *possible skin issue*

Thank you both for doing this.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

AA0F967B-ADCE-472F-8285-E610061C077C.thumb.png.e774de960db24db799b443876a95fb84.png
I see this on mobile and a picture on PC

Please look again.  I actually deleted my first post when I realized you were talking about mobile, not desktop.

@Moderator12 just curious why the notification options for receiving message has been disabled? I would like to receive an email if I have been messaged

35 minutes ago, Moderator12 said:

Please look again.  I actually deleted my first post when I realized you were talking about mobile, not desktop.

Nothing appears. Sorry. I thought I mentioned this was on mobile lol

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

@Moderator12 just curious why the notification options for receiving message has been disabled? I would like to receive an email if I have been messaged

Fixed

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@Moderator12 can you change the search feature so you don't have to wait 10 seconds between searches ??

I can.  But I'm going to leave it in place for now.  Once I get a feeling for the bandwith here and it looks like we arent hit too hard, I might ease it up

• Like 1

I just want to say that I'd put our Mod Squad up against anybody's. This crew is really good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

I just want to say that I'd put our Mod Squad up against anybody's. This crew is really good.

Agreed. The Mods rock. This Board is awesome. Exceed my expectations. I'm glad I donated. 

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Hopefully that didn't go past too many of our (much) younger fellow members' heads. ^_^

mod+squad+5.jpg

• Haha 1

@Moderator12 I figured out a long way of posting facebook links. Copy the link then go to safari and past the link but remove the m in the link before facebook. This m-> "m.facebook" and then copy that link and paste it here and it shows up. So maybe it's something to do with mobile embedding?

Pages slow to load now, must be increased traffic as Eagles pick gets closer.  Laptop and mobile.

• Like 1

Mobile here. When I click submit, it greys out and doesnt do anything. But when I refresh, I made the post just fine. Also, load times are very long for pages, links, and notifications.

Screenshot_20200423-214039_Chrome.jpg

Just now, NOTW said:

Pages slow to load now, must be increased traffic as Eagles pick gets closer.

Yup, starting to get real slow for me. 

Resource Limit Is Reached

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

10 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Resource Limit Is Reached

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

I got that once myself.

@VaBeach_Eagle

@Moderator12

Hey fellas, you both have been doing an AWESOME job!  But just as I suspected, the site has become almost unbearable during the Draft "Spikes".   Huge LAG and delays.  We can barely post. 

We can't have a site like this on some basic package with Invision.  It will need a dedicated server.  So let's make it happen and we can will figure out the best way to pay for it.

But please, don't let this community suffer during the most important moments....Draft, Gameday, etc

Keep up the great work and THANK YOU!!!

21 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

@VaBeach_Eagle

@Moderator12

Hey fellas, you both have been doing an AWESOME job!  But just as I suspected, the site has become almost unbearable during the Draft "Spikes".   Huge LAG and delays.  We can barely post. 

We can't have a site like this on some basic package with Invision.  It will need a dedicated server.  So let's make it happen and we can will figure out the best way to pay for it.

But please, don't let this community suffer during the most important moments....Draft, Gameday, etc

Keep up the great work and THANK YOU!!!

It's actually not a basic package, it's GoDaddy's "Unlimited" package, which is the highest level before getting into business level packages. 

Not knowing exactly what to expect, I started with that package, knowing that we can upgrade, and knowing that the draft would be a good test of how things may go. I'm talking through the options with GoDaddy, even as I type this. 

With the current donations, if this hosting package had been sufficient, we could go for probably 4 years or so. Upgrading will eat into those funds. But before I upgrade, it'll all be discussed on the board, so that we're all on the same page. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's actually not a basic package, it's GoDaddy's "Unlimited" package, which is the highest level before getting into business level packages. 

Not knowing exactly what to expect, I started with that package, knowing that we can upgrade, and knowing that the draft would be a good test of how things may go. I'm talking through the options with GoDaddy, even as I type this. 

With the current donations, if this hosting package had been sufficient, we could go for probably 4 years or so. Upgrading will eat into those funds. But before I upgrade, it'll all be discussed on the board, so that we're all on the same page. 

You have been nothing but exceptional and I appreciate everything you have done.  Get errr done, my friend!!!!  :Eagle_smiley::Eagle_smiley::Eagle_smiley: