Board technical issues

Moderator12

11 hours ago, Moderator12 said:

I'll keep looking, but it doesnt look like I have control over that.  Much of that is locked down.  For example: They have their standard board emojis and then custom ones.  Custom ones I can order any way I want but it doesnt appear I can put them above the standard ones. 

I hate those new emojis (even in old board times).  I stick to the classics like :unsure: :wub: :flex: and ::sad:

Edit: Looks like those crap emojis are gone!  :rock:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, B3 said:

I hate those new emojis (even in old board times).  I stick to the classics like :unsure: :wub: :flex: and ::sad:

Edit: Looks like those crap emojis are gone!  :rock:

I see you've restored order with your sig.  Very very good indeed.

16 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Fixed

Thanks for increasing the font size. The text is so much easier to read!!!

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Spoiler tag still missing

I'll look into that, I want to get a lot (if not all) of the post counts done today though, so if I forget, remind me. 

Has anyone mentioned that the cropping of profile pics is funky? I can't center mine even if I adjust it.

10 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Has anyone mentioned that the cropping of profile pics is funky? I can't center mine even if I adjust it.

That's what you get for being an OSU fan -_-

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@Moderator12, updated my signature with a second line, but it is not showing up under my posts.

image.png.f8047d0e9ac82a6f8f63ba5f2d6ed07e.png

That looks like the about me section.  You need to update your signature instead.  Don't worry, I did it for you.

3 minutes ago, Moderator12 said:

That looks like the about me section.  You need to update your signature instead.  Don't worry, I did it for you.

That is the signature field in profile settings.  You can see the first line in my post signature, the second line does not show up.

And it showed up after this post, disregard.

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That is the signature field in profile settings.  You can see the first line in my post signature, the second line does not show up.

And it showed up after this post, disregard.

To update your signature, you have to go into your setting and select signature.  

Your screenshot was "About Me", which you update in your profile.  

The reason you are seeing it now is because I made the update for you while I was looking into the issue :-) 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Moderator12 said:

The reason you are seeing it now is because I made the update for you while I was looking into the issue :-) 

Yeah, I'm dumb

9 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Spoiler tag still missing

Spoiler tag fixed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Moderator12 said:

Spoiler tag fixed

I had started looking for that, then my brother called and wanted to talk for about an hour lol 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Moderator12 said:

Spoiler tag fixed

Putting out fires all over the place!

22 hours ago, Moderator12 said:

Were you using Safari by chance?  I was told there are issues with registering with Safari.

Ya I couldn't register with Safari...when I first logged in in Safari it wouldn't let me post either.  It's working fine now though.  

I've set the original Invision generic skin so that it's available down at the bottom of the board (all the way down, look for 'Themes'). 

Anyone that's having issues with functions in the EMB theme, switch to the generic and see if those problems are there too. If it's just with the EMB theme, I'll contact the man who made it up for us. If it's with the board software, I'll get Invision on the problem (if we can't fix it ourselves).

26 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Ya I couldn't register with Safari...when I first logged in in Safari it wouldn't let me post either.  It's working fine now though.  

Can you do us a solid?  We made a setting change and want to see if this helps with the safari issue.  Can you create a temporary account to go through the process and see if the issue remains?  Call it something obvious like "IamAtestClone" or something

thank you to all involved in making this so seamless. 

• Like 1

I’m still not able to post Facebook links on mobile:sad:

I get a lot of memes from there

10 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I’m still not able to post Facebook links on mobile:sad:

I get a lot of memes from there

Let me test this on mobile... one sec

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/94326231_10158450765071177_2225731333588516864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQmIIgmCXRNjAZy6riuJVWfhxMla1rVANNQYm7ft64hd64Mc41TvPX3oRk9rvt8HKvc&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=eec54882e6809d37675a94ea710f60f2&oe=5EC5CBA2

Yup.  I'm seeing it still.  I'll look into it.  Its still on the list but I'll update it for clarity.