Board technical issues

Moderator12

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's actually not a basic package, it's GoDaddy's "Unlimited" package, which is the highest level before getting into business level packages. 

Not knowing exactly what to expect, I started with that package, knowing that we can upgrade, and knowing that the draft would be a good test of how things may go. I'm talking through the options with GoDaddy, even as I type this. 

With the current donations, if this hosting package had been sufficient, we could go for probably 4 years or so. Upgrading will eat into those funds. But before I upgrade, it'll all be discussed on the board, so that we're all on the same page. 

So what was the issue if it was unlimited? Is it to many refreshes, too many registered members online, too many guests lurking?

It was good to test this during draft. I'm really glad we were able to get this up and running so we can get everything sorted before the closure of the old board.

Offtopic so did you like the pick? Lol

9 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

You have been nothing but exceptional and I appreciate everything you have done.  Get errr done, my friend!!!!  :Eagle_smiley::Eagle_smiley::Eagle_smiley:

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

So what was the issue if it was unlimited? Is it to many refreshes, too many registered members online, too many guests lurking?

It was good to test this during draft. I'm really glad we were able to get this up and running so we can get everything sorted before the closure of the old board.

Offtopic so did you like the pick? Lol

I said 'unlimited', but it's actually the 'maximum', which is one level above 'unlimited'. But there's business packages that are higher than those, and it's one of those that I'll upgrade to, and the money paid on this package, will be credited toward the upgrade since we're within the first 30 days. 

I'll start a thread on it all. As it is right now though, we should have enough donated to cover the upgrade, even going to the highest level (for a year). Year two will require more, of course. lol

But we have time to go over all that. The thing is, the upgrade won't 'help' for at least 24 hours anyway, so there will likely be a crush of people tomorrow night too. We just have to be patient while the growing pains get worked out.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

always gonna be some bumps on the road...no big whatevs.   

Yeah, and with all of this being a big 'unknown', with regard to what traffic would do, I was expecting this possibility. 

I just posted a thread about it:

I'm looking into the issue with Safari. I've never used it before, so I'm not familiar with it at all. But I'm checking with GoDaddy to see if there's some setting on their end that needs to be fixed. The boards security certificate is in place, so I don't know why Safari won't connect. 

I had GoDaddy look at the issue with Safari, and they don't see any problem and they were able to access the site with Safari. They're going to re-set the Security Certificate, and see if that helps. 

Is anyone still having trouble with Safari?

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I had GoDaddy look at the issue with Safari, and they don't see any problem and they were able to access the site with Safari. They're going to re-set the Security Certificate, and see if that helps. 

I haven't had any issues since I first came on on Monday.

7 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I haven't had any issues since I first came on on Monday.

They said that it's probably slow ISP's getting updated data, and over a short time it should stop being a problem.

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They said that it's probably slow ISP's getting updated data, and over a short time it should stop being a problem.

I guess I've been lucky lol. The site has worked on both mobile and my PC, aside from the slow down last night as our pick was nearing.

Is it possible to have my warning points transferred over from the old EMB?  I felt like they were a badge of honor.

18 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

always gonna be some bumps on the road...no big whatevs.   

Hands down - the best name and avatar combo in EMB history - but that's for a different thread.

On 4/24/2020 at 5:48 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I mostly check the site with my iPad at home so I use Safari while doing this. No issues here but I have a question. 

When clicking on a thread is it possible to have it jump automatically to the first unread post? It worked that way from Chrome when I would check from pc but it doesn’t seem to work that way from Safari. Thanks for all the work you’ve been putting in.

23 minutes ago, mr_irie1 said:

I mostly check the site with my iPad at home so I use Safari while doing this. No issues here but I have a question. 

When clicking on a thread is it possible to have it jump automatically to the first unread post? It worked that way from Chrome when I would check from pc but it doesn’t seem to work that way from Safari. Thanks for all the work you’ve been putting in.

When you click on the thread, where are you clicking? The title of the thread?

The way it's always worked for me, if I want to go to the very first post in a thread, I click the title. If I want to go to the first unread post, I click on the little icon next to the title (I outlined them in red in the image below).

posts.thumb.PNG.b8e7cceb1d8226789f6e7029732878a9.PNG

24 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

When you click on the thread, where are you clicking? The title of the thread?

The way it's always worked for me, if I want to go to the very first post in a thread, I click the title. If I want to go to the first unread post, I click on the little icon next to the title (I outlined them in red in the image below).

posts.thumb.PNG.b8e7cceb1d8226789f6e7029732878a9.PNG

Yes I always clicked on the thread title. Thanks for the clarification since I guess I’ve been doing it wrong for like 16 or 17 years now 🤦‍♂️

6 minutes ago, mr_irie1 said:

Yes I always clicked on the thread title. Thanks for the clarification since I guess I’ve been doing it wrong for like 16 or 17 years now 🤦‍♂️

That's weird that that was happening. Whether I'm on PC or Safari, I've always had to click the icon to go to the first unread post.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mr_irie1 said:

It's interesting that it's worked for you by clicking on the title. It's not that you've been doing it wrong, of course. If it works, it's right lol. Does it still work that way for you on some browsers?

• Like 1

No I mean I’m just an idiot who always just clicked on the thread title then scrolled until I saw the blue line where the next new post was. I’ve never actually clicked on the icon to the left of the thread until just now. I’ve always thought it’s only purpose was to let you know if you’ve viewed the thread already by putting a star there. Damn lol. Thanks 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mr_irie1 said:

No I mean I’m just an idiot who always just clicked on the thread title then scrolled until I saw the blue line where the next new post was. I’ve never actually clicked on the icon to the left of the thread until just now. I’ve always thought it’s only purpose was to let you know if you’ve viewed the thread already by putting a star there. Damn lol. Thanks 

lol Oh, ok... and the star doesn't mean that you've viewed the thread, that actually indicates that you've posted in that thread before. If it's just a round icon, that's a thread that you haven't posted in. If the icons are grayed out, then you've read those topics but there's no new posts since you last read them. 

• Like 1

I keep seeing blank posts. Then a tweet or picture will try to load and just disappear. Using iPad with chrome. 

2 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

I keep seeing blank posts. Then a tweet or picture will try to load and just disappear. Using iPad with chrome. 

Next time you see that, quote that specific post where you see it happen (and link it in here).

11 hours ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

4 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Idk. Maybe my iPad is too old but I can't see these ones. They're from cvon in the Kim jong un thread so don't kill me if others can see them an s it's inappropriate for Tate. 

15 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Idk. Maybe my iPad is too old but I can't see these ones. They're from cvon in the Kim jong un thread so don't kill me if others can see them an s it's inappropriate for Tate. 

They’re showing up ok for me on Safari. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

They’re showing up ok for me on Safari. 

I us chrome, maybe it's just my old iPad. Got it a long time ago, maybe 8 years ago. 

Just now, 20dawk4life said:

I us chrome, maybe it's just my old iPad. Got it a long time ago, maybe 8 years ago. 

That could be. Before I got a new PC a few months ago, I had issues seeing emojis and video clips in tweets wouldn’t play for me on a system that still had Windows XP, so it could be an out of date issue.