Board technical issues

Moderator12

How about where it always showed everyone's "Favorite Team" under their photos? I realize we're almost all Eagles fans, but every now and then (like in Around the NFL) you'd find fans of other teams there. I always found that helpful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

How's the facebook bug coming along?

Also can't seem to rate threads. 

Rating threads is so old EMB,  Boomer.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Not sure on that. I dont use mobile version ever. Dont even know how.  I use my phone a lot but I come to the website. 

What do you mean how? You just go to the site on your mobile browser. 

• Like 1

Just now, NOTW said:

What do you mean how? You just go to the site on your mobile browser. 

That's what i do. That's not thre same as a dedicated mobile version of the EMB though. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

That's what i do. That's not thre same as a dedicated mobile version of the EMB though. 

Ok. Don't know that there is one i think people mean the way the site functions on mobile as responsive to devices vs laptop. It's not like an app.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but the Tweets seem to be embedding oddly.  Looks like they are embedding the Tweet plus some sort of extra green background on the top and right sides of it. 

Like this:

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

Weird.

and now it's working and letting me post!!!

So when I first went to make my account it kept telling me something about the security check.  Switched to chrome, worked first time.  Then when I went and logged in on safari and went to post the typing area was gone and it was completely grey.  

Works fine now though

I WANT MORE LIKES TO GIVE OUT!!!!!!!!!!

*stamps feet*

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

I WANT MORE LIKES TO GIVE OUT!!!!!!!!!!

*stamps feet*

There’s a limit here too?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

There’s a limit here too?

Apparently...........makes me sad. All this new EMB brilliance and I can't show my appreciation for it.

Sad Face GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Apparently...........makes me sad. All this new EMB brilliance and I can't show my appreciation for it.

Sad Face GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Maybe they can up the count.

Slow loading times. I think we should disable images in signatures. It takes up space and memory.

5 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Slow loading times. I think we should disable images in signatures. It takes up space and memory.

mine is quick, but I must have those disabled. I havent seen any gif or image sigs at all. That was universally agreed on by pretty much the whole EMB during the last major update. We had them for a while and everyone decided we shouldnt. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

and they're stupid. 

• Like 1

i'm sure you guys are working on it...but Shelby is waiting for validation...and she seems to be getting a little nervous about it. 😁

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

How about where it always showed everyone's "Favorite Team" under their photos? I realize we're almost all Eagles fans, but every now and then (like in Around the NFL) you'd find fans of other teams there. I always found that helpful.

I'll look at that and see about adding that to profiles. 

For being grateful you guys sure complain about every little thing that isn't like the old boards that shut your arses down!! 

3 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Fixed

8 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Fixed

You should mess with the Giants fans, and make their favorite team default to the Eagles for a little while lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

mine is quick, but I must have those disabled. I havent seen any gif or image sigs at all. That was universally agreed on by pretty much the whole EMB during the last major update. We had them for a while and everyone decided we shouldnt. 

Agreed but I did see one person with it and there is an option to upload photo into signature

Disabled the signatures, too. Everything has been running smoothly for me. Things were before I disabled those, though.

23 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Agreed but I did see one person with it and there is an option to upload photo into signature

There's an option to ignore a users signature in the ignore settings. You can check and uncheck posts, messages, signatures and other stuff

5 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I've been so swamped today I've been ignoring this thread.  Going to set aside time tomorrow to bang through alot of these questions now that registrations are starting to slow down.

I did fix this however.  Small wins :-)

3 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

and now it's working and letting me post!!!

So when I first went to make my account it kept telling me something about the security check.  Switched to chrome, worked first time.  Then when I went and logged in on safari and went to post the typing area was gone and it was completely grey.  

Works fine now though

Were you using Safari by chance?  I was told there are issues with registering with Safari.

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

@Moderator12 not a bug, but can you make it so commonly used emojis always stay in the recently used section ??

I'll keep looking, but it doesnt look like I have control over that.  Much of that is locked down.  For example: They have their standard board emojis and then custom ones.  Custom ones I can order any way I want but it doesnt appear I can put them above the standard ones.