Nate Gerry Under Fire for Series of Racist Tweets

time2rock

13 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Post the tweets

There are a couple embedded in the story linked in the first post.  

Yeah it's bad, but it's one of those cases of a gargantuanly dope suburban kid trying to sound like a west coast rap artist despite being whiter than midday in Antartica, rather than Gerry being a raving white supremacist.

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

Apparently this is stuff he said when he was 17. He was a stupid kid, I have a hard time holding it against him right now. That said, I won’t be upset if he is cut. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Yeah it's bad, but it's one of those cases of a gargantuanly dope suburban kid trying to sound like a west coast rap artist despite being whiter than midday in Antartica, rather than Gerry being a raving white supremacist.

Yeah, based on the two tweets I saw, this was nine years ago, and it sounds like he was just trying to be "cool”, not being malicious or trying to offend anybody.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vaff said:

Yeah, based on the two tweets I saw, this was nine years ago, and it sounds like he was just trying to be "cool”, not being malicious or trying to offend anybody.

I got this same vibe also.

It'll blow over.  His play recognition is obviously more of a concern.

Lets me honest kid was 17 and looks more like he is just hanging out with his black friends than being racist. We have seen lately what a racist tweet is and this really just a kid being a kid. I even showed my wife (who is mix) and she laughed. Granted she laughs at everything but its just not that racist of a tweet.

Granted everyone gets way to sensitive nowadays.

• Like 4

As someone who is black let me comment on this.

Do I want him saying these things? No.

Is it as bad as the riley cooper situation? Not even close.

Should he apologize? Yes.

Should he ever use these words? No

Do I think he is a racist? No, it was likely some stupid Eagles fan with no life going through his timeline to find something they can use against him to get him off the team or benched. 

I look at these things on a case by case basis. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Didn't care about Djax comments, Don't care about Gerry's comments. Lets play football. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Do I want home saying these things? No.

Should be apologize? Yes.

Do I think he is a racist? No, it was likely some stupid Eagles fan with no life going through his timeline to find something they can use against him to get him off the team or benched. 

So you apply common sense and nuance to each situation. 

Stop that!

You start flipping out right now!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

WTF even bring this kind of crap up? Some people have nothing better to do then look back at a 16 year olds twitter feeds?? Thank god there wasn't twitter or even internet when I was a kid......... hope nobody finds those polaroids haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Riley cooper situation was crazy, honestly dude should have been removed quickly from the league. Action was to slow.

This was a bit misleading.  Gerry stayed away from hard R and literally came across as a white suburban kid trying to sound like a hard inner city kid.  Nothing racist here...stupid? Yes.  Insensitive? Probably.  But there is nothing that suggests Gerry views one race as inferior/superior to another.  

The only "N” word we should associate with Gerry is "never”.  Never should have drafted a slow safety in college to play linebacker in the NFL.

• Like 2

Him being a teen and/or trying to be like some rap group isn't an excuse

Maybe they'll finally cut him. Though his crap play should have had him gone awhile ago.

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Apparently this is stuff he said when he was 17. He was a stupid kid, I have a hard time holding it against him right now. That said, I won’t be upset if he is cut. 

^^^
They shouldn’t cut him for this. They should cut him for being trash if he continues to play like he does.

• Like 3

Yeah, I don't think this becomes an issue beyond him apologizing and maybe a gentle slap on the wrist. Just a dumb kid, most likely.

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

this is where im at on it. but he does suck so i wouldnt mind him being cut. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Br3 said:

Whoever looked through 9 years of Nate Gerry tweets is the real offender here

It's probably an Eagles fan that wants him to be cut.  Smart move if you ask me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

Pffft. That's too much common sense. You'd never survive in cvon :roll:

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

This was a bit misleading.  Gerry stayed away from hard R and literally came across as a white suburban kid trying to sound like a hard inner city kid.  Nothing racist here...stupid? Yes.  Insensitive? Probably.  But there is nothing that suggests Gerry views one race as inferior/superior to another.  

The only "N” word we should associate with Gerry is "never”.  Never should have drafted a slow safety in college to play linebacker in the NFL.

It was a good thought at least.  Problem is he cant tackle which is something you need to do to play LB.

Cut him.  Not for the tweets but for his play.  Let this be an excuse to get rid of him

• Like 1

Many kids do dumb things in high school.  If he said it as an adult, I would feel differently.  His poor play is more of an issue right now.

• Like 1