Nate Gerry Under Fire for Series of Racist Tweets

time2rock

20 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So that makes it OK does it? I can go around calling all of my black friends the N word can I? That's OK now is it?

I think it depends on your relationship  

I have friends that I've had since third grade that are fine with me using the n word. None of the other white people get the pass. I almost never use it but they call me their cracka and I call them my n word. Then there's my one friend who can't stand my other frond and calls him an Oreo. Same two call me an uh oh Oreo. 

It all depends on your personal relationship. 

50 minutes ago, nipples said:

Statistically Rasul Douglas is one of the top CBs in the league this year so far too...

Makes you wonder how much of the issues we have with draft picks not working out here is on player development and/or scheme.  Maybe Howie isn't quite as bad as we all think - maybe he is identifying legit talent but those players aren't being used properly or are working in a scheme that makes it hard for them to be successful or our coaches are just doing a horrible job at coaching them up.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

No, my argument is no one should use it but the idea that a word is ok/not ok based off the color of your skin is stupid. Something is either wrong or it is not. This word NO ONE should use. But punishing a teenager for using a word that is used in everyday culture again is stupid. 

Lol sure

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol sure

Powerful counterpoint right there. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Powerful counterpoint right there. 

I'm not trying to change your mind. I don't care

He said something he shouldn't have said. Being a teen isn't an excuse Listening to rap music isn't an excuse

He sucks at football and should be cut

45 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Makes you wonder how much of the issues we have with draft picks not working out here is on player development and/or scheme.  Maybe Howie isn't quite as bad as we all think - maybe he is identifying legit talent but those players aren't being used properly or are working in a scheme that makes it hard for them to be successful or our coaches are just doing a horrible job at coaching them up.  

I do think that’s part of it. I’ll be more convinced if Jones ever gets another shot and plays well. 

15 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

He sucks at football and should be cut

This yes. Nonsense cancel culture digging into teenage years? No. 

21 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So that makes it OK does it? I can go around calling all of my black friends the N word can I? That's OK now is it?

I read this post in a British accent with that phrasing. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He has to apologize because politics. 

This is laughable. The amount of times I see young white, black, yellow, brown and whatever other kids sitting around throwing that term around while smiling and being friends is in the millions. Two young black men in my own family, lots of white friends ... that word was tossed around in high school so much it was ridiculous. 

To this day, I go to a buddy's house playing a video game like (I don't play video games so don't quote me) Call of Duty or whatever and you'll hear people in the room all cool with each other and white guys, Hispanic guys and black guys using that word. 

We have much more pressing matters in society that have to do with oppressing black people than Nate Gerry's 16-year old use of a stupid slang term, however gross I even find it. That is not to glaze over the situation, but missing the forest for a tree here. 

23 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

There is a big difference between something being "not okay" and something being "racist".

Something can NOT be "racist" without being "not okay".

But something can be not okay without being racist.

The fact that this has to be explained to adults says a lot about our society. 

3 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

You should look into Kendrick Lamar stopping his concert after inviting a white girl on stage. She sang his song and dropped the N word as the song did and he stopped everything and kicked her out. Said white peoples need to censor themselves if singing a song with the N word in it. I think he was in Alabama. 

And that's were the trouble lies- one group of people control what words others can or cannot say, while they themselves CAN say the same words? No way that's the right thing to do. If they are REALLY that concerned about that word- DON'T put it in your songs or throw the word around everywhere like it's nothing. I don't care what race or group of people you are- you cannot say you have the right to use a word, but nobody else can say it. That's pure bullsh**. Don't use the word, period. Whoever uses it is held accountable. That's not going to happen, though.

LeBlanc literally told Gerry to back up before the play and he ignored him then got destroyed

How does Howie not have someone on staff whose job is to scour the social media history of each player/coach/trainer etc, and make sure anything iffy is scrubbed?  Especially in this era with the cancel-culture rage mob, who wake up each morning just looking for something to be offended about.  

32 minutes ago, Macho Grande said:

How does Howie not have someone on staff whose job is to scour the social media history of each player/coach/trainer etc, and make sure anything iffy is scrubbed?  Especially in this era with the cancel-culture rage mob, who wake up each morning just looking for something to be offended about.  

Gerry just sucks. Here we are upset that Howie didn’t find his racist posts, but we should be more upset Howie drafted him period. I mean both are bad, but to pick a racist who can’t play just verifies how bad a GM he really is. 

1 hour ago, Macho Grande said:

It's a fair point, although I wouldn't waste resources actually doing that unless interns maybe. But definitely these days at every level athletes should be coached on social media etiquette and also be aware of actions in public with someone always ready to record cell phone video.