Nate Gerry Under Fire for Series of Racist Tweets

time2rock

He was just trying to act cool, a pasty faced white boy (sure, go ahead and say I am a racist- I don't care- it's funny, because I was called that once. I didn't get angry- I laughed my a** off because it sounded so funny to me at the time) trying to act hip hop n gangsta. I'm not saying it was right. I'll tell you what is an issue to think about, though... say a white guy just so happens to really love rap n hip hop, and they keep hearing two words in particular dropped over and over and over- the N word that ends with an A, NOT an R, and the F word. I mean like thousands of times, over and over and over. ANY human being, and even some Martians who hear certain words or phrases repeatedly are going to say them eventually. That's just reality. And if a white person slips and says it- after hearing it over and over and over again because they love the music, they are suddenly a racist, when in actuality, they really aren't- they love the black culture and the black cultures music.  So either the white person stops listening to music he loves, or blacks need to stop saying that stuff if they don't want it repeated. NEITHER is going to happen- that's just reality, man. I wish we could all try to understand each other more. Touchy situations. Sigh. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Swimm said:

What did he do that was racist?

He said the N word in 2 tweets 9 years ago! I'm not black, but let a black friend read them. He laughed and said, w/e. But if that gets him cut, clap for the person that dug that up, they the real "n word"

🤣🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

Just now, Portyansky said:

He said the N word in 2 tweets 9 years ago! I'm not black, but let a black friend read them. He laughed and said, w/e. But if that gets him cut, clap for the person that dug that up, they the real "n word"

🤣🤷‍♂️

He said the other form of the N-word.  How is that racist?  If its so racist maybe they should stop blasting it  in every other rap song? 

This has to be a fake tweet...

"My son has been a lifelong Nate Gerry fan and the fact that he’s using the "N” word in this social climate is heart wrenching to him. Something has to be done or I’m never coming to another game ever again!!!!!!!! @Eagles

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Non-story.  Smart play by the fan though to hope it'd lead to his benching/cutting.  If only we were so lucky.

4 hours ago, Br3 said:

Whoever looked through 9 years of Nate Gerry tweets is the real offender here

Probably some babe he dumped 9 years ago......they never forgive/forget.

• Haha 1

Cut him. Straight up cut him. I don't care if it was a few years ago he still made those racist comments. 

And yes that would be the same for any player regardless of how good or bad they may be. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wait if you use the word ending in 'a' it's racist? I've never use it but seriously thought it was socially acceptable. I think at this point I'm going to need a flow chart of what is offensive by/to whom if we are going to be villainizing people.

1 hour ago, TheCorpseGroom said:

"My son has been a lifelong Nate Gerry fan and the fact that he’s using the "N” word in this social climate is heart wrenching to him. Something has to be done or I’m never coming to another game ever again!!!!!!!! @Eagles

That's probably real.  There are quite alot of people out there who are easily offended nowadays.

Yo mayb dis be da beginnin of ta end for Gerry. Yo Howie itch a** should don cut dis mf for his turrible play on ta field.

Right brah? @Shocker54 SMDH

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Swimm said:

He said the other form of the N-word.  How is that racist?  If its so racist maybe they should stop blasting it  in every other rap song? 

I'm not gonna debate it. But any form of that word should not be said by a white person, I don't care where you were born or who you grew up with. 

Rap or any type of music is art. Just like there are statues of naked peeps.

24 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

That's probably real.  There are quite alot of people out there who are easily offended nowadays.

Millennials....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

I'm not gonna debate it. But any form of that word should not be said by a white person, I don't care where you were born or who you grew up with. 

Rap or any type of music is art. Just like there are statues of naked peeps.

Millennials....

I agree.  I don't feel any non black person should be using the N word whether it ends in A or R.  If the black community wants to call themselves that then so be it.  But doesnt mean white, hispanic, asian, arabic, etc should use it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, St0nedsk8er said:

Clearly not racist. No hard R, all good..lol I want the man to lose his job , but not for this. 

That is not 100% correct in my eyes. Remember when Riley Cooper said the hard "ER" at the end, the girl holding the camera said it with the "A" after allowing him to say that. Both are just as bad in that case.

But I do agree with you. It would be irresponsible for people to call Gerry racist for this incident alone. There is literally not proof or signs of this. Just bad decision by a kid on social media. Gerry should be cut but like you said not for these tweets, but for his terrible play.

This is the last comment I will have for this topic. But I think MOST of us are in agreement. 

2 hours ago, TheCorpseGroom said:

bobbyizdum’s mom has a Twitter account 

2 hours ago, TheCorpseGroom said:

Straight up lie lmao

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Cut him. Straight up cut him. I don't care if it was a few years ago he still made those racist comments. 

And yes that would be the same for any player regardless of how good or bad they may be. 

Well the Eagles have somewhat put themselves in a corner with their acts of forgiving these types of actions. Because of their stances in the past it makes it difficult to move now. Nevertheless Gerry might be a racist, but he absolutely sucks as a football player. 

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well the Eagles have somewhat put themselves in a corner with their acts of forgiving these types of actions. Because of their stances in the past it makes it difficult to move now. Nevertheless Gerry might be a racist, but he absolutely sucks as a football player. 

They cut Riley Cooper after his comments didn't they?

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They cut Riley Cooper after his comments didn't they?

No

Lol someone also goofed up and made him February in the team calendar 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

No

Lol someone also goofed up and made him February in the team calendar 

That might have been the worse part of the RIley Cooper saga. Lets not forget, he was also wearing the Eagles Alternate black uniform in that calendar also for February. Completely tone-deaf lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Br3 said:

This.

6 hours ago, Br3 said:

16 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

This.

If they lead to him no longer being an Eagle, the person who looked through the tweets is a hero in my book.