Nate Gerry Under Fire for Series of Racist Tweets

time2rock

56 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They cut Riley Cooper after his comments didn't they?

Not only did they keep him, but they gave him an extension. They also cut Vick the only guy on the squad who backed him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If they lead to him no longer being an Eagle, the person who looked through the tweets is a hero in my book.

They aren’t going to release him over this, but his play alone should end his Eagles tenure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Not only did they keep him, but they gave him an extension. They also cut Vick the only guy on the squad who backed him.

Oh. 

So our only hope that he may be cut is really no hope at all. 

2 hours ago, Portyansky said:

I'm not gonna debate it. But any form of that word should not be said by a white person, I don't care where you were born or who you grew up with. 

Rap or any type of music is art. Just like there are statues of naked peeps.

Millennials....

The biggest  audience of this rap music are white suburban kids. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh. 

So our only hope that he may be cut is really no hope at all. 

Feels more like because of this he’s likely to be on the team even longer. Let’s not forget the Jackson stuff from this past August too. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Feels more like because of this he’s likely to be on the team even longer. Let’s not forget the Jackson stuff from this past August too. 

Well let's hope for major changes. 

The precedent has been set by the Eagles with Cooper....and then Jackson.  They won't cut him for this.

3 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

That's probably real.  There are quite alot of people out there who are easily offended nowadays.

But a lifelong Nate Gerry fan?  No way. Hahahaaaaaa! 

Maybe a lifelong Eagles fan though. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

After two incidents in the same season maybe the Eagles come out with a zero tolerance policy. I doubt Jackson or Gerry are Eagles after this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

After two incidents in the same season maybe the Eagles come out with a zero tolerance policy. I doubt Jackson or Gerry are Eagles after this season.

Oh I doubt they are either. Although Gerry might because he's cheap and with this current FO they don't value the LB position. I mean let's be honest he should be long gone already. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I doubt they are either. Although Gerry might because he's cheap and with this current FO they don't value the LB position. I mean let's be honest he should be long gone already. 

Sometimes you get what you pay for. Just cause Gerry is cheap doesn’t mean he’s a good bargain.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sometimes you get what you pay for. Just cause Gerry is cheap doesn’t mean he’s a good bargain.

Oh absolutely. He shouldn't be cheap though. He should be out of the freaking league he's that bad. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What did Josh Allen do?

The same thing. It was a story around the time he got drafted.

33 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Let put him and Josh Allen in prison where they belong.

And don't forget DeSean for his pro-Hitler anti-Semitic post.

What kid nowadays doesn't hear the n word multiple times when listening to music? And sing along or mimic said music? It's absurd.

Now the Djax comments, that's different.

And IMO adding the 'r' to the end of the word and not in a music context is far more egregious.

6 hours ago, TheCorpseGroom said:

This has to be a fake tweet...

"My son has been a lifelong Nate Gerry fan and the fact that he’s using the "N” word in this social climate is heart wrenching to him. Something has to be done or I’m never coming to another game ever again!!!!!!!! @Eagles

Nate’s brother?  🤷🏼

5 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

That's probably real.  There are quite alot of people out there who are easily offended nowadays.

Assuming calling it out as fake was in reference to the "lifelong Gerry fan” part.  :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

With the cap situation being what it will be over the next couple of seasons and with so many overpaid underachieving players on the roster I think you will see an overhaul. I think that should start with the guy who assembled this team, but since he’s a favorite of the owner I doubt he gets his walking papers. 

41 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Assuming calling it out as fake was in reference to the "lifelong Gerry fan” part.  :lol:

Sounds like his momma. 😂🤣😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sounds like his momma. 😂🤣😂🤣

Funny in an earlier post I questioned whether the post referencing "my son” was made in reference to Gerry’s brother (meaning made by his mom).  😅

• Haha 1

Ok that is really really reaching.  Teenager? Who else wants the stupid crap you did and said as a teenager used against them? Not me.

8 hours ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

Non-story.  Smart play by the fan though to hope it'd lead to his benching/cutting.  If only we were so lucky.

If he is this bad imagine the talent of the guy he beat out?

If anyone should be apologizing, it's the Eagles organization, not Gerry.  This stuff is supposed to be thoroughly vetted during the draft process to prevent PR nightmares just like these from occurring.  I don't care if he's a 5th rounder.  Sure it may be tedious to scroll through everyone's social media history, but that's what you get paid to do.  This should have been scrubbed a long time ago, and it's for the sake of the black fans and the black players in that locker-room as much as anyone.  Now it's something they have to deal with (which includes going though the act of "forgiving" him, even though we all know forgiveness isn't something you instant download on your tablet).

Is this to let Gerry off the hook?  No.  Wherever he grew up and however he spelled it, he knew full well not to use that word.  But that doesn't mean he should be retroactively held accountable for it now.

• Haha 1