GDT: Baltimore Ravens @ Philadelphia Eagles. 10-18-20 @ 1pm EST

EagleJoe8

This season may be lost from a deep playoff run perspective - we just aren’t good enough. But of course we may still get a meaningless division title which may well be more damaging as we need a high pick to add some young talent to this roster.

Having said that, proud of the team for the way they came back and fought after looking so hopeless the first quarter and a half. Losing by 2 to one of the best teams when we are so undermanned is nothing to be ashamed off. At the end there we were without a bunch of OL, top 2 TE, top RB and top 3 WR. It’s basically Wentz, Kelce + backups or the backup’s backups or the backup’a backup’s backups! 

And if we are being honest, we really did kill ourselves with mistakes that directly cost points - the dropped TD by Sanders, the missed FG by Elliot, Dougs playcall for the 2 pt conversion. Not too mention drops all around today - clean those up and we sure can improve. 

3 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

He did not have time to change the play, but sure dumb dumb Carson.

With the game on the line. You have 1 TO. You use it. Don't care.

5 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

Not kicking the fg cost us. 

Also going for it on 4th and 5 from your own 30 with 9 minutes or whatever left. Not sure why they called that.

5 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

I still can't believe that call on the 2 point play. So pissed off. What the F is Doug thinking. Garbage offensive playcalling.

Would've been a great time to have Wentz and Hurts in together.  Stretch that defense out. 

1 minute ago, Portyansky said:

With the game on the line. You have 1 TO. You use it. Don't care.

True you are right, he should have called timeout. I still lay all of the blame at Pederson's feet, that was a HORRIBLE play call.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

Would've been a great time to have Wentz and Hurts in together.  Stretch that defense out. 

Exactly... that was the time to do it 

this loss is clearly on the fans...

SOMEBODY forgot to tell the 1/10th capacity fans to drink 10x the "normal" amount of alcohol to balance out the Eagles universe

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

Eagles are missing what? 8 offensive lineman?

Top 3 WRs

Top 3 TEs

Top RB

CmOn WoNtZ wIn Or GiVe YoUr JoB tO hUrTs

Two of their top 3 WRs. Fulgham is #1 from here on. 

14 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

I'm not gonna go crazy over the 1st 2 point try. But to call a RPO when you know they will be bringing everyone like they have been all game was soo dumb!! The role out with Wentz was working. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh DP is such a moron!!! You put it in your franchise QBs hands there who was pretty much on fire that drive! Idiot coach. And partially idiot Wentz not calling an audible. 

I'm not opposed to calling one of the same plays that worked earlier.  I mean the defense hadn't stopped ot yet.

21 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Not a good call going for 2 but they went for 2 the next time and got it so they ended up with the correct amount of points

ah yeah, you're right -- good call

Meh, everyone predicted a blow out and they actually had a chance to win. That speaks more towards how these guys play for Doug then a let's fire him movement. His play calls have also won us games we would of lost with more conservative play calling. Either way don't care it will just be another week of arguing over the same sheet until the next game and then pick on someone else for whatever reason. 

Is Desean going make an appearance Thursday before getting hurt after 1 play again ?

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Meh, everyone predicted a blow out and they actually had a chance to win. That speaks more towards how these guys play for Doug then a let's fire him movement. His play calls have also won us games we would of lost with more conservative play calling. Either way don't care it will just be another week of arguing over the same sheet until the next game and then pick on someone else for whatever reason. 

Gotta blame someone, this week it is Doug

Just now, Joe Shades 73 said:

Is Desean going make an appearance Thursday before getting hurt after 1 play again ?

Not if the blocking sled has any say in the matter.

9 minutes ago, greenskeeper said:

this loss is clearly on the fans...

SOMEBODY forgot to tell the 1/10th capacity fans to drink 10x the "normal" amount of alcohol to balance out the Eagles universe

Good point. 

1 minute ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Gotta blame someone, this week it is Doug

Absolutely lol

17 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Where are the morons who will criticize Wentz?

He did fine. Ive been his critic but i don't call him out for fun. He did what he could today.

7 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Top 3 WRs

Top 3 TEs

Top RB

Does Wentz pay you or something? I'm not blaming today's loss on him, but your eagerness to defend his every mistake is pathetic man

9 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Top 3 WRs

Top 3 TEs

Top RB

Hit sixteen times. Sacked 6. Now has been sacked 25 times which is good for the most in the league. 7 offensive starters out. A TE who no longer gives a dam. And still almost pulled the upset. But yes let's start Superman Hurts cause "wEntZ SUcKs". 

The biggest issues on this team are injuries and lack of talent at some key positions.  It is not Wentz or coaching.  So I will say the biggest issue is roster building = Howie.

23 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Celebrating we lost. Or staring dreamily into a picture of Hurts while writing hearts in their diaries. Maybe both actually. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Celebrating we lost. 

Sad but true.

I do give credit for Doug admitting the 2 point playcall was bad.  But, still, what was the rationale at the time to run Wentz up the middle?

30 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Im here. Wentz is playing much better. Showing toughness and leadership. He is slowly buy surely making me eat my words, and I wouldn't want it any other way. I want him to succeed..always did. ..I just didnt believe in him..but Im starting to!! Ill eat that big ol plate of crow!!

Archived