GDT: Baltimore Ravens @ Philadelphia Eagles. 10-18-20 @ 1pm EST

EagleJoe8

I feel we win this game if the team was healthy. At the very least the oline. We almost completed the comeback with bandaids all over the place. Wentz was pressured almost 50% of his passes, thats insane. Most people had us losing this game regardless. The fact we were a 2p conversion away from tying this game after being down says a lot about the team. I guess I'm not as upset as I should be bc the NFCE is so trash. If we start getting healthy and stay healthy I do think we make a good push in the playoffs. I know, a lot of "ifs". Depending what happens tomorrow night, and as bad as it sounds, Thursday and the following Sunday could be for the division lead.

Yup, I'm still optimistic. 

14 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

With all those offensive coaches, you would think there would be fresh, innovative plays and great thinking. When 25 coaches don't know how to beat a simple blitz and actually do the opposite thing, you know adding all these coaches was a huge mistake. They won't get blamed- Doug will.

Yep that's crazy. Now Doug looking dumb by not getting a legit OC when he had the chance. So far all we been seeing is the same old vanilla looking plays 90%.  Wentz plays better on the move yet they rarely design plays to move the pocket. 

And Marty Fing Morniwheg is on Doug's coaching team.

How this mook continues to work in the NFL is beyond me.

7 minutes ago, Madriver said:

And Marty Fing Morniwheg is on Doug's coaching team.

How this mook continues to work in the NFL is beyond me.

He is a great offensive mind that has turned many players into hall of famers

47 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

I feel we win this game if the team was healthy. At the very least the oline. We almost completed the comeback with bandaids all over the place. Wentz was pressured almost 50% of his passes, thats insane. Most people had us losing this game regardless. The fact we were a 2p conversion away from tying this game after being down says a lot about the team. I guess I'm not as upset as I should be bc the NFCE is so trash. If we start getting healthy and stay healthy I do think we make a good push in the playoffs. I know, a lot of "ifs". Depending what happens tomorrow night, and as bad as it sounds, Thursday and the following Sunday could be for the division lead.

Yup, I'm still optimistic. 

The fact they needed to go for two just highlights how foolish it was for Pederson to go for two earlier. He was basically chasing the point after that. Just seemed too early to go for two there. 

25 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Yep that's crazy. Now Doug looking dumb by not getting a legit OC when he had the chance. So far all we been seeing is the same old vanilla looking plays 90%.  Wentz plays better on the move yet they rarely design plays to move the pocket. 

it’s like the entire offense has been in a death spiral for the last three seasons. losing Reich exposed Doug’s weakness as an OC. he needs to fix that instead of being so efen stubborn or this team, combined with a Schwartz defense, will continue to be exactly what we’re seeing now. 

This is a basic Eagles game over the past three seasons. The offense starts off slow, the defense stinks early and the Eagles fall quickly behind. They scrap and crawl back only for the defense to give up an untimely score. The offense crawls back again but falls short in the end. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

The fact they needed to go for two just highlights how foolish it was for Pederson to go for two earlier. He was basically chasing the point after that. Just seemed too early to go for two there. 

As pointed out, the 2nd 2Pt conversion made up for the 1st one we missed. 

Just now, brkmsn said:

As pointed out, the 2nd 2Pt conversion made up for the 1st one we missed. 

At that point they were chasing points. Should have just kicked the extra point. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

At that point they were chasing points. Should have just kicked the extra point. 

We went from 6 (failed 2 pt) to 14 (2pt good). At that point we aren't chasing points because the result is the same as going for 1 twice (and making the kicks). It's non-relevant at that point unless you are advocating going for 2 after the second TD if we had gone for 1 after the 1st TD.

So I recorded the game to watch later since I had other plans this afternoon, and a damn phone notification spoiled the score for me. So now I’m about to watch it, already knowing the outcome. It’ll be interesting to watch without emotions involved and to actually watch objectively. 

5 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

We went from 6 (failed 2 pt) to 14 (2pt good). At that point we aren't chasing points because the result is the same as going for 1 twice (and making the kicks). It's non-relevant at that point unless you are advocating going for 2 after the second TD if we had gone for 1 after the 1st TD.

I see your point, but needed it to go for 2 four times in a game just doesn’t cut it for me.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I see your point, but needed it to go for 2 four times in a game just doesn’t cut it for me.

If you want to suggest that we used up our best 2pt "plays," I'll buy that argument. You do need to remember that Elliot has 7 missed XPA over his 1st 3 seasons. Those are never guarantees either.

If all you do is break even on 2PT attempts, you will be doing better than XPAs which in Elliot's career has been 94.4%. I believe the NFL sees a success rate on 2 pt attempts higher than 50% making the analytics support the strategy. 

35 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

His first attempt was a stupid decision, but it ended up not mattering anyway since they got it the 2nd time making the score 24-14 anyway. He really wasn't chasing it past the 2nd TD.

Edit: Nevermind, I see this was covered.

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

If you want to suggest that we used up our best 2pt "plays," I'll buy that argument. You do need to remember that Elliot has 7 missed XPA over his 1st 3 seasons. Those are never guarantees either.

If all you do is break even on 2PT attempts, you will be doing better than XPAs which in Elliot's career has been 94.4%. I believe the NFL sees a success rate on 2 pt attempts higher than 50% making the analytics support the strategy. 

I don’t know about you but needed it to go for two every time because are kicker stinks isn’t making me feel better about it. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t know about you but needed it to go for two every time because are kicker stinks isn’t making me feel better about it. 

Even if your kicker makes 100% of XPAs, the analytics support going for 2 100% of the time.

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The 2nd 2 2PC attempts were more because of the score, than the kicker. Once we got to 24-14, we didn't score until being down 30-14. A 16 point deficit dictates going for 2 twice more.

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Aren't you complaining about the people complaining about complaining right here? 🤔

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think they made up that point when they made the 2nd 2 point conversion.  If they kicked the PAT after the first TD, they would've licked the PAT after the 2nd.  We would still need to go for 2 at the end.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Missed the first 2 point conversion .  Got the second making it a wash at 14 points.  They were then down 30-14, 16 points.  So they had to go for two on both of the last two TD’s.

2 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

He is a great offensive mind that has turned many players into hall of famers

I hope this is sarcasm.

The announcers need to stop saying Jackson and Jeffrey are out, no one is counting on them. Reagor and Goedert are the missing talent.

Archived