Better Call Saul

RPeeteRules

Awesome season finale.  There’s a lot to happen in the final season to answer a lot of questions.  This might have been the best season so far.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

Awesome season finale.  There’s a lot to happen in the final season to answer a lot of questions.  This might have been the best season so far.

No question the best season. They gave the BCS lawyer stuff with Saul pulling courtroom tricks as well as his Mesa Verde con and also gave heavy BB vibes with the last three episodes. Excited for the last season but it sucks it’s about to end + who knows when we even get it.

• Like 1

So can we all agree that it appears Kim's demise/reason for not being around in BB may be of her OWN doing rather than something Jimmy does?  She's breaking bad more than he is at this point.

• Like 1

Just saw on twitter someone say that the scene where Walter and Jesse take Saul into the dessert makes a lot more sense.  I don’t know how to post that scene, but Saul speaks in Spanish and asks if Lalo sent them.

• Like 2

It sucks that we're probably going to have to wait 2 years or more for the final season.

2 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

Just saw on twitter someone say that the scene where Walter and Jesse take Saul into the dessert makes a lot more sense.  I don’t know how to post that scene, but Saul speaks in Spanish and asks if Lalo sent them.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

It makes less sense for me. Saul thinks Lalo is going to die because of what Mike said. And I don't see any reason why anyone would contact Saul and let him know the hit was a botched job. So why would 3 or 4  years later he assume it was Lalo after him? To me that means Saul/Lalo/Nacho are going to have another interaction next season.

What I think will be interesting is who Lalo thinks set him up. Obvious answer is Gus, but what if he thinks Saul/Kim had something to do with it since she was the one that told him to go home and get his house in order. 

• Like 1

Awesome season finale once again.  Lalo continues to look almost like a Cartel superhuman (I think back to the season 4 finale when he jumps up into the roof then back down in about 5 seconds. Then 2 episodes ago he jumps what looked to be 20 feet down into a gorge when he sees Saul’s car, and now he kills multiple hit men in awesome fashion).  By the way, were they the stupidest hit men on the planet?  "Ooh, perfect, a secret bathtub tunnel into the tiniest corridor ever that someone left wide open!  Let’s every single remaining one of us go in at the same time even though we have no idea where it leads!”

• Like 2

Also, hats off to Tony Dalton. He was the primary reason the season was delayed but he absolutely kills it as Lalo. Pretty surprised he hasn't been in anything big before this. I can see this being his big break. 

I also would die to see a Walter White/Lalo scene. Sucks it will never happen.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Also, hats off to Tony Dalton. He was the primary reason the season was delayed but he absolutely kills it as Lalo. Pretty surprised he hasn't been in anything big before this. I can see this being his big break. 

I also would die to see a Walter White/Lalo scene. Sucks it will never happen.

That would be unbelievable!!  

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 2:31 PM, iladelphxx said:

It sucks that we're probably going to have to wait 2 years or more for the final season.

I would damn near bet my mortgage that it won't be that long. At worst, Fall of 2021.

On 4/21/2020 at 6:21 PM, hputenis said:

Awesome season finale once again.  Lalo continues to look almost like a Cartel superhuman (I think back to the season 4 finale when he jumps up into the roof then back down in about 5 seconds. Then 2 episodes ago he jumps what looked to be 20 feet down into a gorge when he sees Saul’s car, and now he kills multiple hit men in awesome fashion).  By the way, were they the stupidest hit men on the planet?  "Ooh, perfect, a secret bathtub tunnel into the tiniest corridor ever that someone left wide open!  Let’s every single remaining one of us go in at the same time even though we have no idea where it leads!”

I agree. Didn't Gus tell Mike that they were the most qualified and highly trained guys or something like that? Sure as hell didn't act like it. Amateur hour is what it was. Still, I love this show and it sucks we have to wait awhile for the last season.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2020 at 6:21 PM, hputenis said:

Only two of them went in, and a guy was left standing outside of it to make sure nobody followed.

7 hours ago, zenclaybourne said:

Only two of them went in, and a guy was left standing outside of it to make sure nobody followed.

Might have worked out better for them if the guy watching the entrance wasn't napping...

Then again, they were in Mayheeco...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sameaglesfan said:

Might have worked out better for them if the guy watching the entrance wasn't napping...

Then again, they were in Mayheeco...

It's certainly not meant as a defense of their ability, but rather their competence. The idea wasn't terrible, the execution was.

14 hours ago, vsptroops said:

I would damn near bet my mortgage that it won't be that long. At worst, Fall of 2021.

I mean, that's the at best scenario since that's what the original plan was before everything went to ish. So don't bet the mortgage.

My theory:

Kim does the Howard thing behind Jimmy's back, without his involvement, gets caught and winds up in jail/getting disbarred. 

• Like 1

Gonna be a long wait until the final season. But I love this show. Only started watching from the beginning a few months ago, never was interested in getting into this show after breaking bad ended, but after the first episode of the first season I was hooked. 

Assuming they stick the landing, BCS is going to wind up a better show than Breaking Bad and that is just incredible. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CaptainCutlery said:

Assuming they stick the landing, BCS is going to wind up a better show than Breaking Bad and that is just incredible. 

which would then lead to a very possible second post-BrBa movie, centering around the final conclusion/wrap up for Gene (and a look in at other characters in the BrBa universe post Walter White). It sounds slightly crazy, but considering what this group of people behind these two shows is capable of, it really isn't. 

Could there be another spin off show from this?   Depending on what happens to Kim, they could do a show about her (post-BCS).  I’d imagine people would watch, but I don’t know if it’d be as thrilling as BB or BCS.