Better Call Saul

RPeeteRules

On 4/24/2020 at 3:26 PM, RPeeteRules said:

Could there be another spin off show from this?   Depending on what happens to Kim, they could do a show about her (post-BCS).  I’d imagine people would watch, but I don’t know if it’d be as thrilling as BB or BCS.

Huells Heroes 

• Like 1

I’m super impressed by the way they wrote that scene way back from breaking bad into the entire plot line of BCS. Vince Gilligan is a Fing genius. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, homerpat said:

I’m super impressed by the way they wrote that scene way back from breaking bad into the entire plot line of BCS. Vince Gilligan is a Fing genius. 

Yup. One of my favorite things about BCS is all the Easter Eggs and rewarding viewers who can keep a close attention. 

• 4 weeks later...

Finally binged this last season

I still think the cartel takes Kim out. Wouldn't Saul have gone to see her in prison in BB?

Spoiler

In the last post BB scene they showed Saul getting 'made' but telling the vacuum guy he'll handle it instead. I'm curious what happens for that.

Honestly they could do more Saul Goodman attorney at law running from the law series and I'd probably watch it

On 4/24/2020 at 3:05 PM, CaptainCutlery said:

Assuming they stick the landing, BCS is going to wind up a better show than Breaking Bad and that is just incredible. 

BB really blew up Bryan Cranstons career in a good way. BCS may do the same for Bob Odenkirk

9 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Finally binged this last season

I still think the cartel takes Kim out. Wouldn't Saul have gone to see her in prison in BB?

Reveal hidden contents

In the last post BB scene they showed Saul getting 'made' but telling the vacuum guy he'll handle it instead. I'm curious what happens for that.

Honestly they could do more Saul Goodman attorney at law running from the law series and I'd probably watch it

BB really blew up Bryan Cranstons career in a good way. BCS may do the same for Bob Odenkirk

Agree.

10 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Look his history up, he has a long background career already.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 10:12 AM, wholesale_Melvin said:

Look his history up, he has a long background career already.

yep, long comedy background that includes the Simpsons and SNL I believe. I think he and Conan are best friends IRL. 

59 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

yep, long comedy background that includes the Simpsons and SNL I believe. I think he and Conan are best friends IRL. 

Mr. Show (writer/actor)

Ben Stiller Show (writer)

Tenacious D (writer)

Conan O'Brien (writer)

He's been nominated for Best Supporting Actor 6 times before with zero wins, tying him for the most with Ed Begly Jr. (St Elsewhere)   His 7th nomination moves him into 2nd place behind Peter Dinklage.  If he loses, he will be the only person with 7 noms and 0 wins for any award.

He's also the only person to be nominated for 3 different shows. (Wiseguy, Breaking Bad and BCS)

• Like 1

wiseguy, hell of a show. 

I get why he didn't win with BB because others were shown more but with BCS he's more prevalent especially this last season

I think that stat about Banks being 0-6 is generally correct. He's a really good actor and has his moments on both BB and BCS, but i'm not sure he should be considered Best. I'd have to see who he went against. Even this last season I would give the nod to Tony Dalton for playing Lalo over Banks. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Rhea Seehorn snubbed AGAIN - not even nominated for an Emmy.  Disgraceful.

Oh - Jonathan Banks wasn't nominated either :nonono:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Rhea is criminally underrated 

this. voters deserve to die so we can get some new ones in there!

Rhea screwed as usual, but Banks I don’t get. Guy should be shoe in for supporting actor every year as well and has had past recognition. He killed it this year. Glad Watchmen at least got some recognition. Best show of last year IMO

Weird. I cant go on Twitter or Reddit without seeing someone praising this show seemingly. How do two of the actors that make it work get omitted like this? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 7:29 AM, homerpat said:

Rhea screwed as usual, but Banks I don’t get. Guy should be shoe in for supporting actor every year as well and has had past recognition. He killed it this year. Glad Watchmen at least got some recognition. Best show of last year IMO

Guessing thread would have been on old board, but finally watched watchmen this past week. Enjoyed it. 

• 4 months later...

This appears to be the most logical place to put this.... not better call Saul but this looks amazing 

On 12/10/2020 at 1:26 PM, mikemack8 said:

Looks good but I just can’t picture him as a badass like that 

give it a try. We've said that too many times to count over the years. Odenkirk is on a heater right now. Let him cook (BrBa pun?)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been watching again, this time with my wife who hasn’t seen it before.  Just starting season 4. I’m going to say something that’s probably not a very popular opinion. The acting is good, in most cases, not great. The only really remarkable performance was Michael McKean playing Chuck. He was perfect.  There’s nothing wrong with any of the others, they just aren’t of that caliber.

2 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Been watching again, this time with my wife who hasn’t seen it before.  Just starting season 4. I’m going to say something that’s probably not a very popular opinion. The acting is good, in most cases, not great. The only really remarkable performance was Michael McKean playing Chuck. He was perfect.  There’s nothing wrong with any of the others, they just aren’t of that caliber.

Yea, hard disagree from me. Rhea Seahorn (Kim) and  Tony Dalton (Lalo) kill it. I also think Patrick Fabian (Howard Hamlin) has always been a strong supporting actor. In general, BCS has better acting than BB, in my opinion. I do agree though that McKean was fantastic. 

They’re great characters, the writing is what makes those characters. The actors are are more than adequate in the roles, but nothing overly remarkable.