Better Call Saul

RPeeteRules

On 4/19/2022 at 9:39 AM, mikemack8 said:

Did anyone see this mockumentary they released a couple weeks ago about Jimmy?  It's pretty good

Noimage.jpeg.7b3c10f7eb9e4a2e64215249504c3392.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2022 at 9:39 AM, mikemack8 said:

Did anyone see this mockumentary they released a couple weeks ago about Jimmy?  It's pretty good

I meant to include this in my last post but my daughter's diaper exploded last night as I was about to click "submit reply."  

Man Lights Cigarette While Pooping; Septic Tank Explodes And Sewage Flies All  Over His House - Goody Feed

Spoiler

I won't spoil it for all the weirdos that haven't seen Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul, but I'm currently rewatching all the seasons of BCS right now.  I didn't notice it before, but that first scene with Lalo in season 4 where he's cooking (and most likely murdered all of the cooks in the kitchen with ninja moves), he actually says to Nacho, "I made this just for you. You're gonna die."  I'm sure Nacho will die within the first few episodes of season 6 now.  

Also, watching Mike eliminate the German after he talks to his wife is painful to watch.  Vince Gilligan is an absolute genius in his storytelling.  

I completely forgot the Kettlemans story arch and had to go back to read who they even were. 

• Like 1

Here are my guesses for the fates of the non Breaking Bad Characters

Spoiler

Lalo - Dead. Secretly killed, possibly just goop in a barrel of acid

Nahco - escapes New Mexico with his father, possibly living in a different country

Kim - major jail sentence, sold out by Saul. 

Howard - finishes his lunch with Clifford Main without prostitutes 

On 4/22/2022 at 4:04 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

Here are my guesses for the fates of the non Breaking Bad Characters

Reveal hidden contents

Lalo - Dead. Secretly killed, possibly just goop in a barrel of acid

Nahco - escapes New Mexico with his father, possibly living in a different country

Kim - major jail sentence, sold out by Saul. 

Howard - finishes his lunch with Clifford Main without prostitutes 

If something like that happens for Kim, I wonder if there’d be a possibility for a post BCS for her.  Could just be wishful thinking on my part.

Betsy Kettleman’s put some age and some weight on since the first season, but I’d still love to play around with those big beauties.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Betsy Kettleman’s put some age and some weight on since the first season, but I’d still love to play around with those big beauties.

almost didn't recognize her. they did a great job with make up to maker her look haggard and emotionally shot.

MV5BODFhODY1MWQtMGNlYy00YmJmLTg2NzAtOWFh

4 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

almost didn't recognize her. they did a great job with make up to maker her look haggard and emotionally shot.

MV5BODFhODY1MWQtMGNlYy00YmJmLTg2NzAtOWFh

She'd been through a lot. Her children are in public school!

Spoiler

I knew as soon as he talked to his Dad that he was a goner.  He definitely went out like a boss though, rubbing it in Hector's face that he put him in that wheelchair.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

I'm almost there.....

Better Call Saul > Breaking Bad? 

After last night's episode, damn close to doing so. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

I'm almost there.....

Better Call Saul > Breaking Bad? 

I think it’s been there for over two seasons now - but it’s still like saying Gal Gadot is hotter than Scarlett Johansson

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I think it’s been there for over two seasons now - but it’s still like saying Gal Gadot is hotter than Scarlett Johansson

Are we talking presently or in their prime? Either way, I still would probably give ScarJo the edge in either scenario 

Back on the topic of the show, I named this Nacho while watching season 5 live somewhere in March/April of 2020 :sad: 

6D65ECED-28AF-46FA-AC3E-438AD36F2AFF.jpeg

Better Call Saul feels like such an old school program.  It reminds me how much cookie cutter crap is out there in TV land now

3 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

After last night's episode, damn close to doing so. 

I was there after the Chuck/Jimmy courtroom scene but have been witholding judgement until it officially ends (See: Game of Thrones)

It's possibly one of the best acted and shot scenes in TV history and it is an absolute travesty that Michael McKean didn't win the Emmy for this:

4 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I was there after the Chuck/Jimmy courtroom scene but have been witholding judgement until it officially ends (See: Game of Thrones)

It's possibly one of the best acted and shot scenes in TV history and it is an absolute travesty that Michael McKean didn't win the Emmy for this:

It’s very tough between the two.  I do wonder if this show would be perceived as good if it came out before BB did.  I do know that I’m going to miss the series when it’s over and I really do hope they find a way to have a new series in this universe.

2 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

It’s very tough between the two.  I do wonder if this show would be perceived as good if it came out before BB did.  I do know that I’m going to miss the series when it’s over and I really do hope they find a way to have a new series in this universe.

All of the interesting and tolerable characters are dead in the present day 

They already did the El Camino thing with Jesse. 

I definitely don't want to see any more of Skylar and Walt Jr 

Who else is left? These two? 

e9d1eb3907ffc915fbe5834e17142e09.jpg

7 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Both would be interesting.  A couple characters from BCS but not BB could be Kim or Howard Hamlin.  Not main guys, but could be interesting could be Ed Galbraith (vacuum repair guy) or longer shot is the Ken Wins dude.  I don’t think they will, but I’d love it if they did another series.

1 hour ago, RPeeteRules said:

Both would be interesting.  A couple characters from BCS but not BB could be Kim or Howard Hamlin.  Not main guys, but could be interesting could be Ed Galbraith (vacuum repair guy) or longer shot is the Ken Wins dude.  I don’t think they will, but I’d love it if they did another series.

this actor died like 2.5 years ago (I think El Camino had an "in memory of" acknowledgement) :sad:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

this actor died like 2.5 years ago (I think El Camino had an "in memory of" acknowledgement) :sad:

Robert Forster (RIP)
500full.png

Story wise, BB is better. Acting/Cinematography etc, BCS is better. BCS took things from BB and made them better. You could even tell towards the end of BB how much they improved over the course of their seasons. BCS just kept building on that and gave an even better product. Almost every character that's in both is miles better in BCS.  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I think it's somewhat interesting they threw in a new character in the last episode that I don't believe has ever been mentioned (Alvarez). I've seen it speculated that it may not even be a real person, but I think if that were true, the Salamanca's wouldn't buy Nachos confession and still assume it's Gus that called the hit. I think they could do a cool prequel to BCS, exploring this new cartel in Peru and also fleshing out the backstory of Gus in Chile and how he met and started the business with Max. It's still never been established where Gus even came from or how he got here, and that could tie a nice bow on to everything. 

It's essentially what started Better Call Saul, when you think about it, with Saul randomly name dropping Ignacio and Lalo.