Better Call Saul

RPeeteRules

12 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Been watching again, this time with my wife who hasn’t seen it before.  Just starting season 4. I’m going to say something that’s probably not a very popular opinion. The acting is good, in most cases, not great. The only really remarkable performance was Michael McKean playing Chuck. He was perfect.  There’s nothing wrong with any of the others, they just aren’t of that caliber.

I would have agreed up until last season with Kim and Lalo - those two were fire

I guess I'm the opposite. I think the acting is great, but I still don't overly care for the story all that much. I'm holding out hope that this show ends with one final flash forward to Saul in Nebraska getting found out and brought in to answer for his role in the Heisenberg case, which teases the second movie in this universe, with Jimmy representing Saul in court (!), or Kim returns from her exile to do so.

Obviously, that's probably not going to happen, but that's almost a microcosm of my relationship with this show. I just am constantly waiting for the flash forward snippets, to bring it back to BrBa. It's just such a slippery slope introducing so many integral characters to Sauls life, that didn't exist while portraying the character as we knew him during BrBa. And while this crew is doing as good a job as possible in tackling that, I can't shake the feeling that this is just a spinoff as a wink wink to the crew and cast from BrBa to keep them working and getting paid on another project. Which is obviously great for them. But I still wanna hold out for that phenomenal story that makes you think this was part of the plan all along.

I hate when this thread gets bumped and it's not related to a new trailer or release date announced :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I hate when this thread gets bumped and it's not related to a new trailer or release date announced :lol:

I've been excited multiple times the last couple days when I saw this thread bumped to the top.  I will say that I've never been more excited for a show to return in my life.  I love every minute of it.  

• Like 1

This show takes entirely too long of breaks in between seasons. It's worth it, but its so damn frustrating waiting. 

I get my fill by rewatching Breaking Bad and BCS every year.  I’m currently in season 3 of BB.  This has to be the 8th time I’ve watched it.  It’s still so good.  When Saul is on, I try to see if there’s anything he says or notes that may be relevant to BCS.

The one thing that has slightly annoyed me is where Saul says he knows a guy who knows a guy who knows the guy (referring to someone who Walt can sell his 40 lbs of meth to).  In the show, it kind of works since Saul knows Mike who contacts Victor who tells Gus.  In BCS, it’s goes Saul to Mike to Gus though.  It’s a small thing, since Mike has direct access to Gus, if he wants.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 8:23 PM, RPeeteRules said:

I get my fill by rewatching Breaking Bad and BCS every year.  I’m currently in season 3 of BB.  This has to be the 8th time I’ve watched it.  It’s still so good.  When Saul is on, I try to see if there’s anything he says or notes that may be relevant to BCS.

The one thing that has slightly annoyed me is where Saul says he knows a guy who knows a guy who knows the guy (referring to someone who Walt can sell his 40 lbs of meth to).  In the show, it kind of works since Saul knows Mike who contacts Victor who tells Gus.  In BCS, it’s goes Saul to Mike to Gus though.  It’s a small thing, since Mike has direct access to Gus, if he wants.

yeah, for stuff like this you have to remember that BCS wasn't part of the plan with BrBa. It came after. So they had to go comb back through BrBa and take those references and legitimize and insert them into the Universe, in BCS. 

Your point still stands about that being a continuation error at the very least. Would've thought this to be something they'd get absolutely correct. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed, while re-watching BB again, that Ira is working for Vamanos Pest.  Ira is the guy that Saul works with to steal the Hummel.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

As a BCS fanboy I’m very hesitant on an animated series 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting ready to watch Saul Goodman go on a killing spree

image.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wonder if they're going to go back to the post BB storyline that they showed pieces of in previous seasons?  I don't believe they did that at all in the last season

• Like 1

Nevermind - Gene did make an appearance at the beginning of season 5, but seeing as it's been 17 years since it aired I'd forgotten.  Sounds like we're going to see more of Gene this season

Over the course of the show, glimpses of Gene have been rare. But Odenkirk told The Wrap earlier in February that viewers will get to see more of him in season 6.

"We’ll see what Gene, how he behaves as a more experienced person having lost everything — at least one time,” he continued. "I wonder what Gene will do to protect himself, or to strike back at the world.”

• Like 1

Cool thing I noticed in season 2 of breaking bad. When Saul is kidnapped by Jesse and Walt, he turns around and asks, "Did Lalo send you?”  I know this is a spin-off, but holy crap - that was a long time ago. 

Fyi- I told my wife I fell into the trap and that I have to watch Breaking Bad again. She said it was too much for her the first time.  Then she got into it again when Tuco arrived in season 1.  Hooked until the end.  She watched every single episode and loved every minute of it.  She’s like my Jesse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Cool thing I noticed in season 2 of breaking bad. When Saul is kidnapped by Jesse and Walt, he turns around and asks, "Did Lalo send you?”  I know this is a spin-off, but holy crap - that was a long time ago. 

Fyi- I told my wife I fell into the trap and that I have to watch Breaking Bad again. She said it was too much for her the first time.  Then she got into it again when Tuco arrived in season 1.  Hooked until the end.  She watched every single episode and loved every minute of it.  She’s like my Jesse. 

He also mentioned Nacho.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 10:52 AM, The_Omega said:

April 18th?  Maybe, maybe not.

It's been confirmed.  4/18/22 is the date.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...