Stranger Things

opengeo

20 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Her being an actual alien confirmed. Her right arm and fingers in that pic are twice as long as her left.  She didn't finish morphing into her human form.

Clear sign of photoshop

• 4 weeks later...

Friday!

Apparently season 4 is 9 episodes.  Episodes 1-7 are released Friday and the run times are all over an hour.  Epiosdes 8 and 9 are then to be released on July 1, with the total time between the two at 4 hours :o

• Like 4

Good. About time we get a staggered release 

Watched the first 3 episodes so far 

it’s entertaining, but feels like it jumped the shark for me. Story besides Hopper barely connects at all to previous seasons. I don’t like how this new villain just shows up for no real reason and is figured out instantly AGAIN because of D&D. Hopefully they flesh that part out a bit in future episodes.

• Like 1

i think this season is the best.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 700Level4Life said:

i think this season is the best.

I started a S3 rewatch the other day. Made it through four of I think eight. Maybe I continue tonight

Some general spoilers/conversation through 6/7 episodes:

holy f'ing crap, are these episodes way too damn long.

So there are essentially 5 different groups/storylines taking place this season - Mike/Jonathan/Argyle/Will on the west coast doing their BS, Eleven getting her powers back BS in the lab, Joyce/Murray quest to Alaska/Russia, Hopper/guard bromance in Russia, and the rest of the kids back in Hawkins dealing with Vecna... and the only thing I care about out of all of this is the kids in Hawkins. Eleven is taking way too damn long to reach conclusion in her psych ward lab scenes and Hopper is taking way too damn long for his showdown with the Demigorgon/demi-dog in Russia which will then propel him toward his freedom I guess. 

This entire season so far to me has been overcompensating for how long it took to come out, so they just added as much content as possible, even when it wasn't necessary.  

There've been some really good moments (all of the horror elements with Vecna are great) but the way they are drawing out others really waters the overall season down for me.

• Like 1

I havent watched the new season yet. I think I have to go back and watch some earlier seasons over to remember what the hell was happening

47 minutes ago, Wormlegs said:

I havent watched the new season yet. I think I have to go back and watch some earlier seasons over to remember what the hell was happening

i would def go back and do a re-watch if you have the time and can avoid current season spoilers for that long. if not I'm sure there are fan created season recaps on YouTube that will do the job. The Netflix provided ones are only 3 minutes which didn't do a great job. There was a character so far in Season 4 who supposedly was around in prior season but I had no recollection of who they were. That made me wish I did a better job of re-watching before starting this up. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

i would def go back and do a re-watch if you have the time and can avoid current season spoilers for that long. if not I'm sure there are fan created season recaps on YouTube that will do the job. The Netflix provided ones are only 3 minutes which didn't do a great job. There was a character so far in Season 4 who supposedly was around in prior season but I had no recollection of who they were. That made me wish I did a better job of re-watching before starting this up. 

You are probably right. Im going to have to binge the hell out of it and watch it all over again LOL

I’m through 4 episodes:

cool that Robert Englund is in it considering the premise is very much like Nightmare on Elm Street.  I’m finding it all disjointed though. Not keeping my attention nearly as well as the first couple seasons.  And I hate that the parents of all these kids are basically non existent.  The kids have all grown up. They should have time jumped the whole story and got these kids out of high school at least.  It’s really dumb and not believable they’re in HS.  And if they time jumped it, the the whole parents not around thing becomes irrelevant.  TBH, the hype around this show is no longer justified. That’s probably an unpopular opinion but it’s definitely run it’s course at least with this cast. Maybe they’ll spin off in the future with new casts and new stories.  

• Like 3

Thru 5 eps, enjoying it, but geez its stretching to pretend these "kids" are in high school anymore.  Mike's older sister looks like a world weary middle age dental hygienist with 3 kids at this point...

• Haha 3

Just finished the first part of the season. I thought episode 4 may have been the best episode of the entire series. Slowed down a bit in eps 5 and 6 but had a good finish and reveal in ep 7. 

I watched 4 episodes of the new season last night. Holy hell its pretty good. The ending of episode 1 was awesome. Definitely digging this new season so far. 

Everything about this season is bigger - they really went all out.  I agree though that the episodes are too long - especially early on.  

Spoiler

I wonder if the gang all gets back to Hawkins this season yet to battle Vecna, or if they save that for the final season.  Like someone said earlier, we have the crew in Cali but they appear headed towards Eleven in Nevada.  We have the crew in Russia.  Then we have the kids in Hawkins, but they are currently split between the real world and the upside down.  Is Vecna the final final boss or do they fully defeat him this season yet and spend season 5 trying to close all portals to the upside down for good?  

Spoiler

Ok so the town meeting getting influenced by the teenage athlete was too much for me. That mob mentality was stupid and made no sense

As soon as he stuck his hand in that vent for that black widow I was like why does it have to be spiders

I thought that guy that's been helping El in the bunker was part of some plan by the doctor to get El to use her powers again lol

I'm so confused on how Hop is able to move so easily let alone stand. Doesn't he have like 2 broken ankles/feet? I know he's not getting that crap fixed in a Russian prison. It's like they just forgot he had that guy smash his ankles to remove that chain. Treating him like the Wolverine lol

Did Henry's parents have an abortion and that's the sin they committed that he was talking about and that's why he made his father have visions of a baby carriage on fire? I was confused about the sin and the vision connection

I was kind of getting confused on the timeline of everything that was happening along with El in that bunker. So everything was a vision while she was in that water container trying to get her powers back? So the horrible repressed memory wasn't her killing all those kids. It was Henry(Vecna) that killed everyone back then and that's the repressed memory? Does she also know she created or at least opened a portal to the Upside Down and that's also a repressed memory?

I'm glad they didn't give Max powers because in the trailer we just saw her floating and didn't know that was because of Vecna

They mentioned how Vecna has only appeared like every 14 years or something but didn't really go into why he waited. Although if he was there in El's past then I don't know how he's appearing like that since technically this all didn't happen that long ago

10 hours ago, Mike030270 said:
  Hide contents

Ok so the town meeting getting influenced by the teenage athlete was too much for me. That mob mentality was stupid and made no sense

As soon as he stuck his hand in that vent for that black widow I was like why does it have to be spiders

I thought that guy that's been helping El in the bunker was part of some plan by the doctor to get El to use her powers again lol

I'm so confused on how Hop is able to move so easily let alone stand. Doesn't he have like 2 broken ankles/feet? I know he's not getting that crap fixed in a Russian prison. It's like they just forgot he had that guy smash his ankles to remove that chain. Treating him like the Wolverine lol

Did Henry's parents have an abortion and that's the sin they committed that he was talking about and that's why he made his father have visions of a baby carriage on fire? I was confused about the sin and the vision connection

I was kind of getting confused on the timeline of everything that was happening along with El in that bunker. So everything was a vision while she was in that water container trying to get her powers back? So the horrible repressed memory wasn't her killing all those kids. It was Henry(Vecna) that killed everyone back then and that's the repressed memory? Does she also know she created or at least opened a portal to the Upside Down and that's also a repressed memory?

I'm glad they didn't give Max powers because in the trailer we just saw her floating and didn't know that was because of Vecna

They mentioned how Vecna has only appeared like every 14 years or something but didn't really go into why he waited. Although if he was there in El's past then I don't know how he's appearing like that since technically this all didn't happen that long ago

Spoiler

The timeline is confusing because Eleven with a shaved head looks super young. So basically the first scene of the season is slaughtered kid and she keeps having that flashback, leading us to believe El did all that to them. Part of her getting her powers back, is by getting put in a deprivation chamber. She went back to that flashback of her as child, who was tricked and took the chip out of Vecna/001, unleashing his powers and he was the one who slaughtered everyone. El sent him to the upside down which is what created the first portal. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The timeline is confusing because Eleven with a shaved head looks super young. So basically the first scene of the season is slaughtered kid and she keeps having that flashback, leading us to believe El did all that to them. Part of her getting her powers back, is by getting put in a deprivation chamber. She went back to that flashback of her as child, who was tricked and took the chip out of Vecna/001, unleashing his powers and he was the one who slaughtered everyone. El sent him to the upside down which is what created the first portal. 

Spoiler

They also did hire another actor to play young eleven for some of those flashback scenes, but they only used her part of the time, which also makes it confusing :lol: 

• Like 2

I finished the new season and it was pretty good. Definitely liked the direction and story they went with. Overall I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wormlegs said:

I finished the new season and it was pretty good. Definitely liked the direction and story they went with. Overall I enjoyed it.

Good news: it's not over  There are 2 final longer episodes of the season getting released in July. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Good news: it's not over  There are 2 final longer episodes of the season getting released in July. 

I thought this was the final season with Netflix cutting back on expenses, but there's another season after this one too. 

• Like 2

Watching ep 2 now. So far more references to Nightmare on Elm Street, Swamp Thing, Evil Dead. 

Russian translator guy is annoying. Nancy ages backwards like Benjamin Button. The D&D master looks like a cross between young Robert Downey Jr and Tom Hulce. They do a good job finding actors that look like they were plucked out of the 80s.

1st episode dragged especially basketball game and D&D, didn't care about those. But it gave some mystery for moving forward.

More Nightmare on Elm Street references 

The cheerleader gets lifted up and tossed around while Eddie looks on, gets blamed for it. The creatures claw looks a bit like Freddy's glove on the movie poster. Robert Englund of course, his daughter Alice same character name as the redhead in the movies (they already have Nancy with a similar bedroom), fairy tale house that became the cursed dark house in the upside down world, nightmares breaking through to reality.  I'm on episode 4, wondering if the answer to defeating the curse will be similar to the ending of A Nightmare on Elm Street. 

• Like 1