Stranger Things

opengeo

The program has been so 11 focused, I'd forgotten about Will being in the upside down world. It almost seems silly that he survived there so long seeing how powerful Vecna has become.

Eleven might be killed off early in season 5 after MBB’s criticism of the show.  

https://hypebeast.com/2022/7/duffer-brothers-millie-bobby-brown-stranger-things-criticism-response

MBB clearly has a huge ego after her popularity due to this show. I don’t find her to be a great actor.  Right place right time.  Yet she’s demanding things of writers and pretending to be on the level of GoT?!?! 🤣 you got a long way to go before you’re Aria Stark 

Interesting tidbit.  The master of puppets riff they used in the show was recorded by Robert Trujillo’s son.  Awesome! 

• Like 1

Also I predict that Will is actually El’s lost twin brother or half brother.  Vecna is their dad.  They were separated at birth.  He’s connected to them somehow.  

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 7:24 PM, DBW said:

Eleven might be killed off early in season 5 after MBB’s criticism of the show.  

https://hypebeast.com/2022/7/duffer-brothers-millie-bobby-brown-stranger-things-criticism-response

MBB clearly has a huge ego after her popularity due to this show. I don’t find her to be a great actor.  Right place right time.  Yet she’s demanding things of writers and pretending to be on the level of GoT?!?! 🤣 you got a long way to go before you’re Aria Stark 

They ain't killing anybody.  Murray & Steve will be your hero deaths. MBB is 100% correct, they just kept adding and adding and now they have like 15 main good guys.  So many that in a 5 hour 2 part finale they couldn't even find anything meaningful for half of them to do.

Fix season 4 by:

• Spoiler

• Wait several episodes to show Hopper, give him a 2-3 episode story where he and the guard work together to kill the monster, defeat guards and escape to the US themselves. Meanwhile, Eleven is lost without her adopted father, Mike her moral support and Will ain't cutting it.  Or give Will something useful to do rather than stand and do/say nothing while she's being bullied by the mean girls. 
    • Bring Hopper back in to rescue El and the father figure that truly cares about her helps her recover her trust, mojo and powers now that she's got support again, contrasted with Papa who just wanted to use her.
    • Kill Max the first time Vecna has her, giving the show real stakes and unite the characters to drive them into their actions in revenge and protecting others.
    • In facing Vecna, kill off Nancy, she serves no purpose anymore but it would give Steve conflict in dealing with the grief.
    • Put Will back in the upside down and do something with his "connection" to it that they alluded to when they last minute crammed in that he can feel/sense it.  Use that, perhaps to help find where Vecna is.  Make Will useful.

• Like 2

On 7/5/2022 at 3:32 PM, UK Eagle said:

The program has been so 11 focused, I'd forgotten about Will being in the upside down world. It almost seems silly that he survived there so long seeing how powerful Vecna has become.

I can't remember will doing anything at all in season 4. Even the guy who was high all the time pitched in.

Hopper getting is foot crushed to get the shackles off is ridiculous. Walks normal when he needs too 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Hopper getting is foot crushed to get the shackles off is ridiculous. Walks normal when he needs too 

This whole story plot makes no sense. Writers really went in on this with

1. Hopper in chains, Hopper gets hammer

2. Hopper smashes ankle

3. ????

4. Hopper runs out of prison

I've also seen people suggest that he didn't break his ankle or foot and just bent the shackles into an oval shape. Which would have still been eye roll worthy, but more "ok, whatever" and made some kind of sense. But then the writers completely invalidate that theory by having a guard examine his shackles who would have clearly seen that they were bent or a different shape. It's just all so stupid. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This whole story plot makes no sense. Writers really went in on this with

1. Hopper in chains, Hopper gets hammer

2. Hopper smashes ankle

3. ????

4. Hopper runs out of prison

I've also seen people suggest that he didn't break his ankle or foot and just bent the shackles into an oval shape. Which would have still been eye roll worthy, but more "ok, whatever" and made some kind of sense. But then the writers completely invalidate that theory by having a guard examine his shackles who would have clearly seen that they were bent or a different shape. It's just all so stupid. 

Agreed and you can clearly see his ankle is a pile of mush when sliding the shackles on and off. That's why the other prisoner said it will shatter your ankle when hopper asked him to do it and hopper agreed and still told him to do it. Jumps off the shed onto it like it's no big deal. 

This is Eddie’s stunt double…well actually his HAND double.  This guy is a talented musician and they brought him in to film his hands on the guitar playing.  

someone tell Joey from friends that he’s not the only one with an identical hand twin 😂 

image.thumb.png.2feac962b270544b60df9b6f776123d8.png

• Haha 1

Hopper obviously walked it off, and probably rubbed some dirt on it for good measure. What more do you want him to do?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Agreed and you can clearly see his ankle is a pile of mush when sliding the shackles on and off. That's why the other prisoner said it will shatter your ankle when hopper asked him to do it and hopper agreed and still told him to do it. Jumps off the shed onto it like it's no big deal. 

In a world where the Russians capture and train demogorgons and a bunch of kids enter crusty wormholes into an alternate dimension, the most unbelievable part is Hopper ran on a broken foot?   

28 minutes ago, DBW said:

In a world where the Russians capture and train demogorgons and a bunch of kids enter crusty wormholes into an alternate dimension, the most unbelievable part is Hopper ran on a broken foot?   

They don't have to make everything cartoonish. Just one of the many things wrong with this season. I'm not the only one who had issue with it so go F with him too! Lol

59 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Don’t forget someone was still playing with a lite brite in 1986!?   I mean come on!  

Rainbow Brite a -hole get it right

One thing I don't get and maybe I'm missed something but how did Hopper end up in Russia by jumping into the portal to the upside down? Don't you come out in the upside down in the same spot as you went in? Plus there were a bunch of Russians already in there when he went in...  [\spoiler]  

47 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Lite Brite, F stain.  This thing.  Pick a lane, stay in it.  

64FD71FB-3E53-43D1-A85D-10DD128CF7A8.jpeg

No! And I know what a lite bright is dick lol

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s what I was talking about.  Not some doll that you still **** with.  Did you see the final episode?  Apparently not.  

Nope, not yet!

Overall Season 4 was meh. It had some decent parts but then many horrible parts that made no sense or was just time filler. 

Spoiler

I would rather Lucas have died over Eddie. Eddie's character was much better than Lucas character. Eleven saves Max but lets Eddie die? The scene around the "bats" was ridiculous lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

Hide contents

One thing I don't get and maybe I'm missed something but how did Hopper end up in Russia by jumping into the portal to the upside down? Don't you come out in the upside down in the same spot as you went in? Plus there were a bunch of Russians already in there when he went in...  [\spoiler]  

this was yet another issue with Season 4. He didn't actually jump into the Upside Down like we thought. The explosion just knocked him down in the front of that room and then Russian soldiers came in and kidnapped him while unconscious and took him back to Russia. Early in season 4 they showed this retconned part to that angle and I remember yelling "wait he was just laying on the floor the whole time????"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wormlegs said:

Overall Season 4 was meh. It had some decent parts but then many horrible parts that made no sense or was just time filler. 

Hide contents

I would rather Lucas have died over Eddie. Eddie's character was much better than Lucas character. Eleven saves Max but lets Eddie die? The scene around the "bats" was ridiculous lol

Eleven more than likely had no idea who Eddie even was. He wasn’t in any other season and Eleven never was in Hawkins this season until the last scene.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wormlegs said:

Hide contents

I didn't mind

Spoiler

Eddie dying and being a one-season character.  But it was pretty silly how the two bat scenes were handled.  When Steve entered the upside down he was attacked by one bat and struggled, then Nancy and Robin showed up and there were a few bats and it was a tough battle, and Steve got injured.  

Eddie was surrounded by hundreds of bats and they just hovered and didn't attack right away and then went in one at a time, very courteous to give Eddie a chance - granted he was armed with a trash can lid with nails, that's pretty intimidating.  

• Like 2