Stranger Things

opengeo

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

I didn't care for season 3 that much either with the hive mind thing, but didn't it take over like half the town Invasion of the Body Snatchers style?  Anyway, a lot of people die by strange circumstances you would think there'd be at least rumors...that would be plausible in a town hall meeting rather than everyone just accepting this is all 1 teenager in a D&D club.  

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea, that's pretty dumb. Especially after Jason or whatever his name was just saw his friend get lifted in the air and body break in pieces. 

didnt they start the season off with a news clip playing about "the dangers of D&D" and how kids that played it were worshipping the devil? in a town where a bunch of strange stuff has happened, its not that far of a leap to think the 60 people at a town hall meeting could be convinced the head of the D&D club is a devil worshipper that is using satanic powers to kill people. explains why the BBall dude still thinks its him even after seeing his buddy get inside-outed. 

10 minutes ago, BFit said:

didnt they start the season off with a news clip playing about "the dangers of D&D" and how kids that played it were worshipping the devil? in a town where a bunch of strange stuff has happened, its not that far of a leap to think the 60 people at a town hall meeting could be convinced the head of the D&D club is a devil worshipper that is using satanic powers to kill people. explains why the BBall dude still thinks its him even after seeing his buddy get inside-outed. 

Yes they had that clip, and the club was called Hellfire to lay it on even thicker.  The kids were playing D&D since the first season, their parents didn't speak up to defend them on that they just sat there.  I think they were drawing on the past fear mongering from parent/school meetings about satanic music and stuff, the backwards masking, all of that.  I get that it's plausible some people would buy that theory.  With fear over strange deaths and mob mentality, I get that.  But there wasn't a single rational adult in the room questioning it, and there have been all these monsters and creatures, Will's kidnapping, Eleven using super powers in front of people, the mall scene, the barn full of people that were taken over by the hive mind, a bunch of deaths over the seasons...just felt weird that all of a sudden that's the only theory and not a single person was like hey let's think about this.  Overall a minor complaint, the least of my issues with the show I just thought it was a bit forced especially from a teenager giving a speech and the sheriff just stood there like a fool.

21 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Yes they had that clip, and the club was called Hellfire to lay it on even thicker.  The kids were playing D&D since the first season, their parents didn't speak up to defend them on that they just sat there.  I think they were drawing on the past fear mongering from parent/school meetings about satanic music and stuff, the backwards masking, all of that.  I get that it's plausible some people would buy that theory.  With fear over strange deaths and mob mentality, I get that.  But there wasn't a single rational adult in the room questioning it, and there have been all these monsters and creatures, Will's kidnapping, Eleven using super powers in front of people, the mall scene, the barn full of people that were taken over by the hive mind, a bunch of deaths over the seasons...just felt weird that all of a sudden that's the only theory and not a single person was like hey let's think about this.  Overall a minor complaint, the least of my issues with the show I just thought it was a bit forced especially from a teenager giving a speech and the sheriff just stood there like a fool.

i think youre giving people too much credit. i mean, in real life, thousands of people stormed the capitol basically over hear-say. :lol:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

😳

20220610_223111.jpg

That's strange.

But then again, I have seen stranger things. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

That's strange.

So has she

winona-ryder-what.gif.dce0dd0e8d5861d2f34a7eb3c6c1372f.gif

13 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

She looks like she could be Natalie Portmans sister 

She's the next Kiera Knightly/Natalie Portman/Daisey Ridley 

On 6/11/2022 at 2:23 PM, NOTW said:

That's strange.

Booo GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

meryl-arquette.gif

Based on your like reaction, I fyp.

• Haha 1

I marvel at how this show always hovers around 7.5/10.  Every season, almost every episode.  

14 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Yup

i watched it, but damn a trailer for the last remaining 1/4 of the season is awkward. If you have any will power I would advise against it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't watched any of the new releases but I'm guessing the obvious 

Spoiler

The power of friendship/love defeats Vecna.

Started ep 8

The fate of the world is at stake, we have 2 episodes left, but let's go ahead and explore not 1 but 2 LGBT relationships.

Let's also repeat the same dumb plot points from the Russian story: deceiving about flight arrangements, phone calls, waiting for reply phone calls, etc.

And 11 is still not ready? She kicked ass in prior seasons, spent forever in part 1 getting them back and they're stretching things out more. 

:sleep:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Started ep 8

Hide contents

The fate of the world is at stake, we have 2 episodes left, but let's go ahead and explore not 1 but 2 LGBT relationships.

Let's also repeat the same dumb plot points from the Russian story: deceiving about flight arrangements, phone calls, waiting for reply phone calls, etc.

And 11 is still not ready? She kicked ass in prior seasons, spent forever in part 1 getting them back and they're stretching things out more. 

:sleep:

Yeah the last 2 episodes I thought were a bit underwhelming [\spoiler] 

Part 2 was more of the loooooong stretched out plots of part 1. Same issues, a little bit more action though. The show started great in season 1. Should've been a one-time limited series, it's off the rails and declined, can't get back to the quality it once had.

Having just finished it. 

Spoiler

Overall, that series was way, way too long when there is another one left to go.  Ironically, it almost felt a bit rushed in the last episode when it was getting good and the brakes on the story were taken off - but overall, Stranger Things was enjoyable and more importantly, different to most other stuff out there. Still not sure what the point of Russia was other than a diversion for David Harbour to do something.

Poor old Nancy will look like this in season 5 if filming doesn't start soon.

3rhdgm.jpg

• Haha 2

Is it just me or does anyone actually like the Murray character? I feel like he’s the Jar Jar Binks of Stranger Things. Someone the writers love and think is hilarious but is just annoying and forced. Would have been better off with just a small role in Season 3. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Is it just me or does anyone actually like the Murray character? I feel like he’s the Jar Jar Binks of Stranger Things. Someone the writers love and think is hilarious but is just annoying and forced. Would have been better off with just a small role in Season 3. 

I like him as a small side character. Agreed he's too much of a caricature to be as big of a a role as he was this season though. The whole Russian subplot was weak and unnecessary.