GDT Philadelphia Eagles @ Cleveland Browns. 11-22-20 @ 1PM

EagleJoe8

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Then that's a major issue for this organisation because that's ignoring the decline that's been happening for over 2 years. 

Lurie is loyal to a fault at times.

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Even last year the Eagles won this division basically by default and not be they were good. Howie has built an old overpaid roster that plays more undrafted free agents than it does people he drafted! To me Howie is the one who needs to go first and foremost. 

Start with Howie and work your way down. CLEAN HOUSE.

Insane how Alshon even gets on the field at this point. Hightower the lone deep threat is all of a sudden nowhere to be found. 

Just now, xstonr said:

The only way Doug gets fired is if he doesn't go to Lurie's christmas party.

If Doug goes for 2 with a double dip of a chip in the salsa, then that might be the final straw.

31 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Brian Schottenheimer for HC and Leslie Frazier for DC. 

I'd like Bienemy, but I'm guessing that teams will be lining up to snag him

3 minutes ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

I truly think Hurts will have this offense looking like 2017s when he’s given the reigns. 

We may be alright as long as we never have to throw the ball.  If we have to with Hurts, we are F'ed.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Then things are going to get worse. 

That much has been obvious for awhile.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Lurie is loyal to a fault at times.

but..he did "fire" his childhood friend Joe Banner...so even HE has his limits

its one thing to be in rebuilding mode, but this team is not rebuilding they certainly went into the season thinking they had a legit chance.  The O-line is old, the D-line needs to be reworked, the secondary is a mess, the receivers are a mess, and who knows where they go with QB next season.  This is not going to be a simple rebuild, this is going to be a full blown over haul.

2 hours ago, Columbus Eagle said:

Yes, I made this post before I saw the replay. I didn’t notice Reagor the first time. My bad. 

Nah, it's all good my friend. We all gotta stick together, especially enduring this year's trash team. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That much has been obvious for awhile.

Not if they do make wholesale changes. That could actually be quite exciting. 

Just now, Bob Manigan said:

its one thing to be in rebuilding mode, but this team is not rebuilding they certainly went into the season thinking they had a legit chance.  The O-line is old, the D-line needs to be reworked, the secondary is a mess, the receivers are a mess, and who knows where they go with QB next season.  This is not going to be a simple rebuild, this is going to be a full blown over haul.

Howie is doing his best Dan Snyder...he has been for a few years....the stars aligned in 2017 and it "worked" but has not come close to working since...

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh absolutely. Whoever holds the power to bench Wentz is the one who first and foremost is holding this team back. 

If this team is better with Hurts or Suds, I would be shocked.

18 minutes ago, xstonr said:

Winning the division would be the worst thing for the future of this team.

Letting Howie make the picks regardless is the worst for the future of this team. 

1 minute ago, Bob Manigan said:

and lets not forget the cap is most likely going down next season, and the Eagles are projected to be 64 million over the cap so cuts are coming.

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not surprised he sidestepped the question. He doesn’t control the roster. 

This is what happens when the owner and GM run the show. Ask the 76ers. Same thing happened, same results, until ownership realized it's a LOSING recipe. 

Then that's a major issue for this organisation because that's ignoring the decline that's been happening for over 2 years. 

Agree. Reid had built up a lot of credit over many years.

Doug won it all but it's been a real grind ever since.

And shows no sign of reversing.

Clearly Wentz is a (the ?) major issue (duh), but at this point mate, I'd just let the rest of the season play out and hope Lurie does the necessary in the off season.

2 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

but..he did "fire" his childhood friend Joe Banner...so even HE has his limits

After how many years though?

Not if they do make wholesale changes. That could actually be quite exciting. 

I don't see it happening though.

Schwartz will be gone at end of season. Howie needs a football guy to help with the draft, and Dougs needs a real OC.

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

After how many years though?

true..it was not an overnight thing...but he did eventually do it....and Joe Banner's teams, if you will,...were never this bad...even in losing seasons....I don't recall Banner's teams looking so inept...maybe they were...

You know what- this has to go all the way to the top.... it's the OWNERS fault for allowing the people under him to perform like this. It's LURIE's call of who the GM is, and everything else. Start at the VERY top and work your way down as far as blame goes. Until Harris of the 76ers admitted and changed HIS mistakes, the 76ers were becoming a disaster. Same applies here. Start with Lurie. The good news is... Lurie will probably do something to change this. Hopefully.

Just now, Bob Manigan said:

the Jets would like a word about being worse

I mean sure. But Hurts nor Sudfeld can be worse than Wentz. 

Archived