GDT Philadelphia Eagles @ Cleveland Browns. 11-22-20 @ 1PM

EagleJoe8

2 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

I think you might be onto something. Doug might just be a "yes” man. That’s what happened in MLB, GM’s are using analytics to control lineups, pinch hitters, etc. Howie might have a lot more control then anyone could imagine and it’s that’s the case, he should be gone even faster. 

He might. He might not. We simply don't know so it is hard for us to determine quite what the is going on. What needs to happen though is whoever holds the power needs to make the decision that at the very least Wentz needs to sit the next game or two.

I’m not jumping either way at bench or not to bench Wentz...but:

This magical "window” he had to throw to Reagor in space was covered by #44. In fact, to me...it looked like #44 could have played that ball or even the safety underneath ( #42 ? ). 

Dumping to the back in flat that was Clearly covered by #44 was no better an option, but just saying...I do t think Reagor was wide open. He had space but those two defenders could have closed unless the play was supposed to be a direct snap and pass.

3 minutes ago, Boondocker said:

I’m not jumping either way at bench or not to bench Wentz...but:

This magical "window” he had to throw to Reagor in space was covered by #44. In fact, to me...it looked like #44 could have played that ball or even the safety underneath ( #42 ? ). 

Dumping to the back in flat that was Clearly covered by #44 was no better an option, but just saying...I do t think Reagor was wide open. He had space but those two defenders could have closed unless the play was supposed to be a direct snap and pass.

Mike Quick said he was open and he's pretty fair with his assessments.  

19 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I think you need to worry about your franchise QB.

Irrelevant to my point.  He had a fumbling problem in college, and he has a fumbling problem in the NFL.

You tried to say coming out of college that all of his fumbles came at the end of long runs, which I proved beyond doubt is false.

The coaches and players keep talking about getting this thing right, Brandon Graham said any day now they're going to get this thing rolling...it's been 10 games, what are you waiting for?  

24 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Irrelevant to my point.  He had a fumbling problem in college, and he has a fumbling problem in the NFL.

You tried to say coming out of college that all of his fumbles came at the end of long runs, which I proved beyond doubt is false.

He hasn't had a fumbling issue in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

He hasn't had a fumbling issue in the NFL.

Among RB's, tied for 2nd in fumbles lost, tied for 2nd in fumbles, 24th in carries.

2 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Neither is Wentz.  So Sudfeld then? 

Behind this Oline, with these skill players, and with Doug calling the shots, none of them are.

Doug just had his press conference this morning. No accountability. No change in regard to Jeffery, Peters and Wentz.  Just more of the same excuses.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Among RB's, tied for 2nd in fumbles lost, tied for 2nd in fumbles, 24th in carries.

You're so FOS, first of all, he's tied for 3rd along with with 13 other RBs with 3 fumbles and there are 28 other RBs tied with 2 fumbles.......Wentz has 10.

Like I said, worry about your franchise QB.

8 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

You're so FOS, first of all, he's tied for 3rd along with with 13 other RBs with 3 fumbles and there are 28 other RBs tied with 2 fumbles.......Wentz has 10.

Like I said, worry about your franchise QB.

Mr " do  your research " did not do his research.

Fumbles, he is tied for second among RB's.  Taysom Hill is #1, not a RB.  He is tied with 9 other players, not 13, and 8 of those are QB's.

RB fumbles - carries

Elliot 4, carries 171

Sanders 3, carries 102

Gordon 2, carries 122

Cook 2, carries 201

Kelley 2, carries 102

Sanders is 23rd in RB carries, 2nd in RB fumbles.

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

Doug just had his press conference this morning. No accountability. No change in regard to Jeffery, Peters and Wentz.  Just more of the same excuses.

That reporter asked why Jeffrey is active, what's the point?  And why is he even on the team?  Dang.  :lol:

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Mr " do  your research " did not do his research.

My research showed Elliot with 5 and Gordon II with 4, either way you're FOS, especially considering yesterday's fumble was in the rain.

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

That reporter asked why Jeffrey is active, what's the point?  And why is he even on the team?  Dang.  :lol:

I think the reporter should've used that wording for Peters more than Jeffery. But, either way, Jeffery and Peters should not be starting and Jeffery should see the field minimally.

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Get  lost. 

Elliot fumbles every 41.8 touches, Gordon every 35.5, Cook every 75.3, and Sanders every 39.67.  

If Sanders is touching the ball 20 times a game as he should, he is averaging a fumble every 2 games.

He is the second worst fumbling RB in the NFL, just like he was a fumbler in college.

23 hours ago, Eagleblood52 said:

They’re excusable when the defense knows you’re gonna pass it 50 times a game with a crap offensive line and crappy receivers...look at the pick six today, wentz gets hit from the right tackle as he throws it causing the int. Meanwhile we run the ball several time on that first drive and moved the ball well...then, the running goes away and play calling is absolutely crap. Leading to wentz being sacked more than any qb in the league. 

wentz has gotta be better, but these games we're losing isn’t just him.

Sorry. There are check downs, outlets, throw the ball away maybe things that he could be doing. Sure there are the occasional jail breaks but when the man is trying to make a big play every play instead of taking what defenses are giving him given the state of his OL well... that's on him. Does he not have the ability to check to a run? He is the real cerebral guy and all right?

57 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Elliot fumbles every 41.8 touches, Gordon every 35.5, Cook every 75.3, and Sanders every 39.67.  

If Sanders is touching the ball 20 times a game as he should, he is averaging a fumble every 2 games.

He is the second worst fumbling RB in the NFL, just like he was a fumbler in college.

Ok but what about other RBs bud? I mean that average isn't far behind Elliot and is better than Gordon but significantly worse than Cook. But what about other top RBs? Like Henry, Kamara, McCaffrey?

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok but what about other RBs bud? I mean that average isn't far behind Elliot and is better than Gordon but significantly worse than Cook. But what about other top RBs? Like Henry, Kamara, McCaffrey?

Henry, no fumbles on 241 touches.  Kamara, 1 fumble on 184 touches.  McCaffrey none this year, and 1 on 403 touches last year.  All the backs besides Elliott that have played 10 games this year all have less fumbles on way more touches than Sanders.

He was a fumbler in college, and EagleVA tried to go with they were all at the end of long runs.  He fumbled once every 31 touches at Penn State, and 7 of those 9 fumbles were on runs of 3 yards or less.

10 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Mike Quick said he was open and he's pretty fair with his assessments.  

All receivers think they are open

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

Henry, no fumbles on 241 touches.  Kamara, 1 fumble on 184 touches.  McCaffrey none this year, and 1 on 403 touches last year.  All the backs besides Elliott that have played 10 games this year all have less fumbles on way more touches than Sanders.

He was a fumbler in college, and EagleVA tried to go with they were all at the end of long runs.  He fumbled once every 31 touches at Penn State, and 7 of those 9 fumbles were on runs of 3 yards or less.

That’s some pretty damn hard data to dispute. Is this wonder really a damn fumbler? 

6 hours ago, downundermike said:

Hey, we can’t help it if they don’t understand statistical analyses.

Sanders has a Greater number of Fumbles in a Fewer amount of Carries.

I was going to say you could draw a picture, but the diagrams aren’t helping them either.

That being said, if you run this out all year ( he only had 102 carries thru 10 games??? ) he would be be 160 carries for 865 yards 5 TDS &  5 fumbles on runs?

Whys he only getting 10 carries a game AND fumbling? No wonder Jordan is back. Booby needs to take the football home and make love to it a few nites, take it out dancing, buy it dinner. Tuck it in at night. Then booby, you can have the ball more.

13 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

I think you might be onto something. Doug might just be a "yes” man. That’s what happened in MLB, GM’s are using analytics to control lineups, pinch hitters, etc. Howie might have a lot more control then anyone could imagine and it’s that’s the case, he should be gone even faster. 

When Doug speaks you often hear him refer to someone else and he often talks about the analytics people as why the Eagles went for two or went for it on 4th down. He seems to defer quite often. The only thing we all can say for certain Doug actually does is play calling and none of us are too enamored without that. 

16 hours ago, Boondocker said:

All receivers think they are open

Mike Quick wasn’t on the field, so not sure how this comment is relevant. 

Archived