GDT Philadelphia Eagles @ Cleveland Browns. 11-22-20 @ 1PM

EagleJoe8

11 minutes ago, Tx_eaglesfan said:

I’ll wait for the official stats. I don’t remember him having a drop at all. I can think of two they could be referring to, one the DB hit the ball before Fulgham could even touch it. The other was toward the sideline when he was diving to try to catch a (surprise) poorly thrown ball. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Fulgham has not looked as good since Jeffery and Reagor got back. They don’t seem to be throwing it to him as much either though. Seems like Ward has gotten a lot more touches lately. 

They killled his confidence bringing Jeffrey back in to be a statue 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They don't seem to target Fulgham until like later in the game. I don't get it. I don't get why they aren't using him more or at least trying to get him going early. 

Maybe the quarterback doesn’t want a receiver to go over 1000 receiving yards so he can keep his apologists gushing over how him throwing for 4000 yards without as if this is some great accomplishment in the NFL today. 🤷‍♂️

56 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Peters left this game on his own. Doug can’t even bench him. 

I missed the game.  Did Peter's really pull himself out of the game, because of his performance?

Just now, What The F said:

They killled his confidence bringing Jeffrey back in to be a statue 

It’s not like Jeffery is getting a bunch of targets instead of him though. 

47 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Hurts is an awful passer.  His college stats are drastically inflated by playing with loaded superstar teams.  He isn't an NFL QB.  Sorry.  He's not.

Ok but he played against top competition, unlike the cupcakes Wentz player against all through college. Don’t know what we have in hurts until we see him play in the NFL. So far he’s 2 for 2 passing at the nfl level, that’s all we know. 

Just now, West_Philly said:

I misses the game.  Did Peter's rally pull himself out of the game, because of his performance?

He got "hurt.”

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Maybe the quarterback doesn’t want a receiver to go over 1000 receiving yards so he can keep his apologists gushing over how him throwing for 4000 yards without as if this is some great accomplishment in the NFL today. 🤷‍♂️

You might be on to something there. 

I mean at what point is the fan base going to turn on Wentz? Fans are starting to. Fans are starting to get off the Wentz train. But at what point does the whole fan base (or the majority should I say) go "OK yeah this guy isn't the answer".

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

He may be on pace for 4000 INT yards this year.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He may be on pace for 4000 INT yards this year.

And if not INTs then certainly turnovers. He must be at what mid 20s already?

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Lucky bastid!

:angry: 

I lived it vicariously through you guys on the game day thread😁

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You might be on to something there. 

I mean at what point is the fan base going to turn on Wentz? Fans are starting to. Fans are starting to get off the Wentz train. But at what point does the whole fan base (or the majority should I say) go "OK yeah this guy isn't the answer".

It’s a hard pill to swallow accepting Wentz isn’t who you thought he was. I thought this dude would be one of the best all time. I still on occasion find myself defending him. I’m not surprised people have still backed him. They have spent a lot of time bashing everyone else’s quarterback. Bashing the Browns for passing on Wentz. Bashing Foles for winning it with Carson’s team. Calling him the MVP even though he didn’t win it. Remembering his 2017 play. Well only the good stuff anyways. In the end none of that matters though. As long as the people in the building are still behind Carson you can expect to keep seeing him out there. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s a hard pill to swallow accepting Wentz isn’t who you thought he was. I thought this dude would be one of the best all time. I still on occasion find myself defending him. I’m not surprised people have still backed him. They have spent a lot of time bashing everyone else’s quarterback. Bashing the Browns for passing on Wentz. Bashing Foles for winning it with Carson’s team. Calling him the MVP even though he didn’t win it. Remembering his 2017 play. Well only the good stuff anyways. In the end none of that matters though. As long as the people in the building are still behind Carson you can expect to keep seeing him out there. 

It is a very hard pill to swallow. I argued with my friend about Wentz for a long time. I backed Wentz even after the SB and how great Foles was. I backed Wentz after he got hurt the following year. I backed Wentz when he sucked for a few games last year. But I've accepted now that he's just not good. He's capable of very good plays and even very good games but overall he's not good. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It is a very hard pill to swallow. I argued with my friend about Wentz for a long time. I backed Wentz even after the SB and how great Foles was. I backed Wentz after he got hurt the following year. I backed Wentz when he sucked for a few games last year. But I've accepted now that he's just not good. He's capable of very good plays and even very good games but overall he's not good. 

We excused away or ignored the flaws. We ignored the more than occasional high throws. The jump throws. The throws off his back foot. The rarely setting of his feet to pass. Never stepping into his throws. The throws into double coverage. All of its been there, but he got away with it. Heck in 2017 he excelled despite of it. Now he’s falling back to earth. The rate he was scoring in the red zone and getting first downs on third downs in 2017 wasn’t natural. We shouldn’t have expected that to be the case for his whole career. The film is out on Wentz just like it was on Chip Kelly. Teams know how to beat him and how to make our coaches look like fools. The GM has more success with PS players than he does with making picks. It’s a systematic mess all the way around.  

59 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Can they just bench Wentz already?  Another 2 turnovers. This team is an absolute joke.

It's become painfully obvious that Doug has no intention of benching Wentz barring an season-ending injury. Doug and Howie honestly think we have a legitimate shot at hosting a playoff game and for some reason they think Wentz gives us the best chance at winning. This organization not only has an indentity issue but they're in full-on denial mode, which is a major, major red flag. 

Remember all those "Dalton is better than Dak” jokes. Well at this moment he might be the best quarterback in the NFC East. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

But he doesn’t control that. All he controls is play calling.

If that is true, his primary role seems to be a scapegoat for Howie's eff-ups.

7 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

If that is true, his primary role seems to be a scapegoat for Howie's eff-ups.

Well there’s a reason why Howie’s been with the organization since 2000 clawing his way to the top. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Well there’s a reason why Howie’s been with the organization since 2000 clawing his way to the top. 

Perhaps you're right, his primary skill is office politician. It sure as hell ain't drafting good NFL players.

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Bottom line is they’re basically stuck with him unless they get blown away with an offer. Just makes it more curious as to why they drafted Hurts at all.

If you want me to be dead serious...

At the end of this year if you really feel that Carson Wentz isn't the answer and have a trade partner, you move him. So, let's say the Colts since it's a fun connection. You eat his contract post-June 1st. You'll still save money, but you'll just take a huge cap hit. I think it is exactly $25.4 million. I'd have to look it up. 

You already have your QB in Jalen Hurts though. 

After that, you're on the hook the next two years for $9.2 million in dead money. 

The contract is actually an attractive one if you really believe in him and don't have to pay next year, so I think you get value. I just don't know how realistic Doug Pederson being gone is. I think Howie Roseman is gone. I think a lot of offensive staff are gone. 6 games left. We will see. 

10 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Perhaps you're right, his primary skill is office politician. It sure as hell ain't drafting good NFL players.

The amount of football minds that have left the Eagles while Howie has stayed is eye opening. 

Wentz is beyond help this year.....his head is completely f----- up.  If they continue to play him, they just might ruin him for good.  

As far as Pedersen is concerned, a characteristic of a great coach is recognizing your own shortcomings and making changes.  

Pedersen doesn't seem to be able to make hard decisions.  And the fact that he is putting Wentz ahead of the whole team.  He is costing the eagles a chance at turning this season around.

This is not a slump. We're 10 games in and they haven't played a good game yet.  This team needs changes to create a spark or something to change the mindset of the team.  If Pedersen can't do it, then he risks losing the whole team.

59 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Remember all those "Dalton is better than Dak” jokes. Well at this moment he might be the best quarterback in the NFC East. 

if Dalton played against the Eagles there’s not a chance we would’ve won that game. 

1 minute ago, Road to Victory said:

if Dalton played against the Eagles there’s not a chance we would’ve won that game. 

I doubt we win if Garrett Gilbert plays.

Archived