GDT Philadelphia Eagles @ Cleveland Browns. 11-22-20 @ 1PM

EagleJoe8

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It can't be worse. 

I'm not so sure about that.  I think it would be with Hurts.

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I really don't. It would be very very hard to be worse than Wentz. He's the worst starting QB in the league. 

Just now, flyerdog said:

true..it was not an overnight thing...but he did eventually do it....and Joe Banner's teams, if you will,...were never this bad...even in losing seasons....I don't recall Banner's teams looking so inept...maybe they were...

Only in 98 that I recall, but the 98 team clearly didn't have a QB that you had hoped would be a franchise type.

5 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I can stay pretty positive most of the time, but Doug's offense is stale and being overly loyal to has beens like Jeffery and Peters is not good.

Peters left this game on his own. Doug can’t even bench him. 

How? We at least know Hurts can run. He’d have picked up a few of those 3rd downs with his feet.  

3 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

You know what- this has to go all the way to the top.... it's the OWNERS fault for allowing the people under him to perform like this. It's KURIE's call of who the GM is, and everything else. Start at the VERY top and work your way down as far as blame goes. Until Harris of the 76ers admitted and changed HIS mistakes, the 76ers were becoming a disaster. Same applies here. Start with Lurie. The good news is... Lurie will probably do something to change this. Hopefully.

I hope he dumps his BFF Howie first.

2 minutes ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

How? We at least know Hurts can run. He’d have picked up a few of those 3rd downs with his feet.  

And likely many less of them with his arm. 

8 minutes ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

Insane how Alshon even gets on the field at this point. Hightower the lone deep threat is all of a sudden nowhere to be found. 

With Alshon coming back Fulghams targets have drastically gone down and he seems to have lost his early season spark. This team needs to be blown up. Only good news is that Jackson, Jeffery and JP for sure won't be coming back.

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I really don't. It would be very very hard to be worse than Wentz. He's the worst starting QB in the league. 

Hurts is an awful passer.  His college stats are drastically inflated by playing with loaded superstar teams.  He isn't an NFL QB.  Sorry.  He's not.

15 minutes ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

Insane how Alshon even gets on the field at this point. Hightower the lone deep threat is all of a sudden nowhere to be found. 

It's egregious that he is even active.

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Peters left this game on his own. Doug can’t even bench him. 

Peters got prison raped again today.  It's a damn crime that Mailata was benched for him.  I just keep reminding myself that the Eagles didn't want him until they were desperate.

Peters got prison raped again today.  It's a damn crime that Mailata was benched for him.  I just keep reminding myself that the Eagles didn't want him until they were desperate.

Peters and Lurie are buddies. Jason does whatever he wants. 

9 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

With Alshon coming back Fulghams targets have drastically gone down and he seems to have lost his early season spark. This team needs to be blown up. Only good news is that Jackson, Jeffery and JP for sure won't be coming back.

don't be so sure...it's Howie....

27 minutes ago, xstonr said:

In reality, Wentz won't go. IMO Doug has another year left to right the ship but he needs to give up play calling. Schwartz needs to go.

That seems most likely IMO. There are too many excuses - some of them valid - to go away from Carson this year. Musical chairs at O line, injuries, new receivers with no preseason etc. etc.

30 minutes ago, metal said:

He was asked about whether or not he has the authority to bench Wentz and sidestepped the question. So no matter what I don't think Wentz will be benched.

Really? Wow.

29 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not surprised he sidestepped the question. He doesn’t control the roster. 

But he should control who plays.

9 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Hurts is an awful passer.  His college stats are drastically inflated by playing with loaded superstar teams.  He isn't an NFL QB.  Sorry.  He's not.

Hey I'm not saying he is. But Wentz is a horrid passer. An awful QB so he's not the answer either. 

Just now, eglz1 said:

But he should control who plays.

But he doesn’t control that. All he controls is play calling.

10 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I pretty much share you're opinion. Wasn't a fan of him at bama and didn't pay much attention at ou. But I was pretty pissed at the pick and my prediction 9f a tebow esque utilization seems to be the extent of it.

But I'm pretty done w Wentz. I'm ready to chalk up all his almost mvp year as a fluke

Plenty of blame to go around.

Howie, Schwartz, Doug, Wentz, crappy LBers, crappy secondary, crappy O-line and the list goes on and on.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

But he doesn’t control that. All he controls is play calling.

Not exactly a glowing endorsement for him either

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Dropped passes? He had ONE dropped pass today. The rest of the game was bad throws, bad decisions and him holding the ball forever. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/eagles/2020/11/the-blame-game-eagles-jason-peters-travis-fulgham-among-6-players-at-fault-for-loss-vs-browns.html%3foutputType=amp

Fulgham had 3...but wentz was awful too 

7 minutes ago, Tx_eaglesfan said:

Fulgham has not looked as good since Jeffery and Reagor got back. They don’t seem to be throwing it to him as much either though. Seems like Ward has gotten a lot more touches lately. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Fulgham has not looked as good since Jeffery and Reagor got back. They don’t seem to be throwing it to him as much either though. Seems like Ward has gotten a lot more touches lately. 

They don't seem to target Fulgham until like later in the game. I don't get it. I don't get why they aren't using him more or at least trying to get him going early. 

Archived