GDT Philadelphia Eagles @ Cleveland Browns. 11-22-20 @ 1PM

EagleJoe8

This team is beyond bad, beyond awful, I think the Jets would beat us if we played them. This team will not win another game this year. I will be stunned if they did. There’s nothing positive that tells me they can win a game. It’s such a disgrace I can’t wait for it to end

25 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

Wentz is beyond help this year.....his head is completely f----- up.  If they continue to play him, they just might ruin him for good.  

As far as Pedersen is concerned, a characteristic of a great coach is recognizing your own shortcomings and making changes.  

Pedersen doesn't seem to be able to make hard decisions.  And the fact that he is putting Wentz ahead of the whole team.  He is costing the eagles a chance at turning this season around.

This is not a slump. We're 10 games in and they haven't played a good game yet.  This team needs changes to create a spark or something to change the mindset of the team.  If Pedersen can't do it, then he risks losing the whole team.

You are 100% right. He needs to be benched and work with the QB coach on mechanics on the side. Every week Wentz is going to get hammered with questions such as why aren't you fixing things?  Doug is trying to force the issue and he is relying on hope to fix it when it is a combination of mental and mechanics.  And, you can bet a lot of players in the locker room are questioning this, too.

At least one of Howie or Doug needs to go.  but they won’t because Lurie is too cowardly.  

they’ll make Schwartz the scapegoat and hire a "name” offensive coordinator to appease the easily influenced fanbase.  

The Eagles need to talk to Peters and offer him an assistant coaching OL job and ask him to retire. If he says no, then tell him that they have to cut him because he can't play anymore. He is done.  Mialata needs to start and let Driscoll back him up.

Doug will go.  It is his job to fix Wentz.  New coach will get a chance to work with Wentz next year.  If still no progress, then Wentz will be traded or cut after next season.  Can’t continue like this.

5 minutes ago, Miami said:

Doug will go.  It is his job to fix Wentz.  New coach will get a chance to work with Wentz next year.  If still no progress, then Wentz will be traded or cut after next season.  Can’t continue like this.

They might be viewing this as trying to fix Wentz so that they can justify the millions they are spending on him vs. trying to find ways to have team success this year. So, maybe they have discarded team goals for fixing the individual that they feel might lead to team goals next year and beyond.. The problem with that though is other players won't go for that. They want to win and they are held to a different standard.  Also, the problem with that is they could ruin Wentz by continuing to let him take all these shots and the media barrage weekly for all the bad decisions. 

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He got "hurt.”

I said it a long time ago- if Peters pulls HIMSELF out of a game again, cut him. I stand by that statement- cut his a** tomorrow. This tea is living in the past and certain players have zero accountability, and that effects other players attitudes. Fulgham is feeling the dysfunction now, too- F Jeffries.

2 hours ago, Miami said:

He is 5- FIVE years into his career...NOBODY can teach him anything. NO coaches can help him. It's not correctable if Wentz won't cooperate, and he will NOT. Like he says, "It's who I am." How awkward, a professing Christian being destroyed by his own PRIDEFULNESS, exact same sin as the devil himself. Might want to humble yourself, Wentz, or your God WILL do it for you.

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

The Eagles need to talk to Peters and offer him an assistant coaching OL job and ask him to retire. If he says no, then tell him that they have to cut him because he can't play anymore. He is done.  Mialata needs to start and let Driscoll back him up.

After his human turnstile performance today, I can't see how they can ever play him again.  

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

We excused away or ignored the flaws. We ignored the more than occasional high throws. The jump throws. The throws off his back foot. The rarely setting of his feet to pass. Never stepping into his throws. The throws into double coverage. All of its been there, but he got away with it. Heck in 2017 he excelled despite of it. Now he’s falling back to earth. The rate he was scoring in the red zone and getting first downs on third downs in 2017 wasn’t natural. We shouldn’t have expected that to be the case for his whole career. The film is out on Wentz just like it was on Chip Kelly. Teams know how to beat him and how to make our coaches look like fools. The GM has more success with PS players than he does with making picks. It’s a systematic mess all the way around.  

Exactly. He's made some incredible plays but so many of them have been when a play has broken down. He's a big guy and with that size he's also pretty athletic (and certainly was in 2017 before the ACL tear) so he was able to improvise and extend. But those kind of plays are few and far between in the grand scheme of things. You've got to win from the pocket. You've got to be accurate. You've got to make good decisions and protect the football. He fails at all of those things. 

10 hours ago, stinkfist said:

If you want me to be dead serious...

At the end of this year if you really feel that Carson Wentz isn't the answer and have a trade partner, you move him. So, let's say the Colts since it's a fun connection. You eat his contract post-June 1st. You'll still save money, but you'll just take a huge cap hit. I think it is exactly $25.4 million. I'd have to look it up. 

You already have your QB in Jalen Hurts though. 

After that, you're on the hook the next two years for $9.2 million in dead money. 

The contract is actually an attractive one if you really believe in him and don't have to pay next year, so I think you get value. I just don't know how realistic Doug Pederson being gone is. I think Howie Roseman is gone. I think a lot of offensive staff are gone. 6 games left. We will see. 

I would be most shocked if Doug is here over Howie. I think Howie should be gone, but he’s not taking nearly as much heat as some other people in the organization right now. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Exactly. He's made some incredible plays but so many of them have been when a play has broken down. He's a big guy and with that size he's also pretty athletic (and certainly was in 2017 before the ACL tear) so he was able to improvise and extend. But those kind of plays are few and far between in the grand scheme of things. You've got to win from the pocket. You've got to be accurate. You've got to make good decisions and protect the football. He fails at all of those things. 

He’s certainly letting us all know not to worry, cause he’s not changing for anyone. 

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He’s certainly letting us all know not to worry, cause he’s not changing for anyone. 

Well apparently we shouldn't worry. He's doing fine. He accepts there are some things he could be doing better but overall the message from Wentz is he doesn't need to change.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well apparently we shouldn't worry. He's doing fine. He accepts there are some things he could be doing better but overall the message from Wentz is he doesn't need to change.

After listening to Doug I can only conclude one of two options. Either he doesn’t have the power to bench Carson or Hurts isn’t close to being ready. Either option is possible for Carson to display such clear arrogance. Those anonymous players were right about this guy. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

After listening to Doug I can only conclude one of two options. Either he doesn’t have the power to bench Carson or Hurts isn’t close to being ready. Either option is possible for Carson to display such clear arrogance. Those anonymous players were right about this guy. 

I think ultimately both may be true but I suspect Doug doesn't have the power to bench Carson. I think that decision either lies with Howie or Lurie or it has to be a joint decision between the 3 of them. Either way it is not a decision they are going to make.

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think ultimately both may be true but I suspect Doug doesn't have the power to bench Carson. I think that decision either lies with Howie or Lurie or it has to be a joint decision between the 3 of them. Either way it is not a decision they are going to make.

I don’t even think Doug has the power to bench Peters. At least move him to guard. Pryor has been atrocious, and so has Peters on the outside. Just play Mialata. 

24 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t even think Doug has the power to bench Peters. At least move him to guard. Pryor has been atrocious, and so has Peters on the outside. Just play Mialata. 

I bet when Mailata leaves the Eagles he’ll have a pretty successful career, much like Alejandro Villanueva is having. 

25 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

I bet when Mailata leaves the Eagles he’ll have a pretty successful career, much like Alejandro Villanueva is having. 

Mialata hasn’t been terrible this year. I wish they let him finish out the year as the starter. They went to Peters and I don’t think it was for the better. It’s time to move on from a lot of these guys. It’s also time to get a legit talent evaluator in here who doesn’t have to answer to Howie. Just promote Howie out of the way. 

55 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I mean it seems Doug doesn't have a lot of control when it comes to who is playing. 

22 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Mialata hasn’t been terrible this year. I wish they let him finish out the year as the starter. They went to Peters and I don’t think it was for the better. It’s time to move on from a lot of these guys. It’s also time to get a legit talent evaluator in here who doesn’t have to answer to Howie. Just promote Howie out of the way. 

Totally agree. What’s the point of starting Peters? He’s not the future and not even as good at this point in his career. 

22 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I mean it seems Doug doesn't have a lot of control when it comes to who is playing. 

I think you might be onto something. Doug might just be a "yes” man. That’s what happened in MLB, GM’s are using analytics to control lineups, pinch hitters, etc. Howie might have a lot more control then anyone could imagine and it’s that’s the case, he should be gone even faster. 

16 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

If this team is better with Hurts or Suds, I would be shocked.

Why would you be shocked?  Is it too much to ask of a QB to be able to hit the broad side of a barn and not turn the ball over 3 times a game? 

16 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Hurts is an awful passer.  His college stats are drastically inflated by playing with loaded superstar teams.  He isn't an NFL QB.  Sorry.  He's not.

Neither is Wentz.  So Sudfeld then? 

Archived