GDT: Seattle Seahawks @ Philadelphia Eagles, 11-30-20 @ 8:15PM on ESPN

EagleJoe8

7 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

No! You will get a WR who lines up correctly and you will like it!

Eliot Shorr-Parks on Twitter: "This look from Greg Lewis to Agholor #Eagles  (via @nickpiccone)… "

29 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Eliot Shorr-Parks on Twitter: "This look from Greg Lewis to Agholor #Eagles  (via @nickpiccone)… "

The look on Greg Lewis’ face is classic and meme worthy. 

There is so much wrong with this team on offense, but there is no fixing it until the off-season.  We need to overhaul this awful OLine.  

3 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

There is so much wrong with this team on offense, but there is no fixing it until the off-season.  We need to overhaul this awful OLine.  

You're right but I'd like to see them get ahead of things... Fire Howie and either fire Doug or force changes upon him. Give us something to watch these next 5 games because this is just awful. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You're right but I'd like to see them get ahead of things... Fire Howie and either fire Doug or force changes upon him. Give us something to watch these next 5 games because this is just awful. 

Nothing they do now changes anything, except create turmoil.  Changes happen after the season, but I doubt it's a wholesale clean out. 

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Nothing they do now changes anything, except create turmoil.  Changes happen after the season, but I doubt it's a wholesale clean out. 

Not really afraid of a little turmoil at this point. We may as well add some of that to this shitshow. This season is so far beyond gone that it really doesn’t matter. 

8 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I don't disagree with you. I'm just saying a new GM or HC or changes may just offer us some hope to see a few changes on the field. 

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The decisions to go for it on 4th down were just awful, the decisions were awful and the play calls were worse.  I can't take much more of Doug calling swing passes and screens that mostly get blown up immediately or make 1 or 2 yards at best on 3rd and medium, it's like he picks our worst plays out of his butt in the worst situations to pull them out, that's not a lack of talent that's a coach who may not be trying to get his ticket punched by the owner but clearly doesn't much care if it happens either. 

Yeah I got the feeling since the Eagles neutered Doug last season by forcing these coaches on him he’s checked out some. I believe it when they say he wouldn’t mind a change of scenery just like I believed it when they said Brett Brown didn’t mind a change of scenery.

7 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I don’t know how well you can fix any of this stuff anytime soon with a GM who can’t draft and has basically saddled this team with bad contracts that leave them in cap hell for at least the next two years. Push out the coach and the GM. Let the new GM hire his guy and let him decide if Wentz is salvageable. If not trade him during or after the 2021season.

From last night based on performance and age in the offseason we need help at

O Line, whatever happens we need better guys for depth but if Kelce hangs them up we need a top level starting quality interior guy. 

Linebacker we need a top level starter to boss the defense, Singleton and Edwards are adequate guys to play alongside a proper stud. At this point Taylor is looking like another swing and a miss, surely you hope for more of a contribution from a 3rd rounder than less than 5% of snaps on a linebacker corps as underwhelming as the Eagles? 

Corner, Slay is good, Maddox, Robey Coleman, Leblanc and the rest of the guys we trot out every week are not, but then a lot of them weren't last season either.

Safety, McLeod is good thank God they resigned him or we'd be in worse trouble, Mills is better than what's behind him but that's no yardstick, he has two or three good games a season and celebrates like he's the second coming of Dawk every time he makes a decent tackle, it's embarassing. 

Receiver, Reagor needs to show something that shows why we picked him, at this point it's not even about the other guys in the class, it's about a guy who was supposed to be like greased lightning but can't separate against  the worst pass defense in the League, Fulgham flashed early but he isn't the answer long term against better defenses and would likely want overpaying in the off season if he's even a #2 level receiver anyway, Ward is last years Fulgham.

To be fair though  it is hard to evaluate any receiver in an offense that often just looks like we have strung a random group along the LOS and have them run routes that rarely complement each other or makes the opposition have to defend different levels, watching Seattle last night they have multiple passing plays where routes mesh in natural picks and rubs to help create seperation, although I cannot imagine the absolute dogs dinner our coaching staff would make of trying to teach plays that intricate based on the evidence of this year.

We're at a stage where honestly it's a rebuild and you have to ask if it's worth keeping Wentz on at his salary to QB a work in progress, even if you do think he could return to form, and I have my doubts on that given the issues appear to be getting worse instead of better. Rebuilding a roster with the coach and GM that let the roster deteriorate to this point would seem a fools errand to me as well but doubtless Lurie will convince himself to avoid the big decisions for at least another year. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I agree. It pains me to watch this garbage week after week. Fire Howie and send a message to Doug and the team that this won’t be tolerated. If Doug won’t start coaching and putting our best guys out there then fire him too. If Wentz won’t up his play then try to trade him in the off-season. We might have to send a draft pick to sweeten the deal, but this team is heading in the wrong direction and tough decisions need to be made now. 

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

This was not an impressive display for him at all. I do wonder how much of it is cause of him and how much is it cause his quarterback is the worse one in football. 

Reagor may be something. But, right now everything is forced. Nothing comes easy and that includes Reagor's ability to make plays and be impactful. But, this is so much bigger than Reagor too.

I have seen some bad Eagle teams in my 30 years of watching them and this team is right up there with that stinkiness.

And it started back in game 1 versus Washington. They have not gotten better all season in anything they do as a football team.

8 hours ago, joboggi said:

Two words

DK Metcalf

Justin Jefferson

We could have had the best young duo of WR's in the NFL.  Even skipping DK, if we had drafted Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase would complement him perfectly.

Reagor may end up being good, but Doug has no idea how to use him.

2 hours ago, Columbus Eagle said:

I agree. It pains me to watch this garbage week after week. Fire Howie and send a message to Doug and the team that this won’t be tolerated. If Doug won’t start coaching and putting our best guys out there then fire him too. If Wentz won’t up his play then try to trade him in the off-season. We might have to send a draft pick to sweeten the deal, but this team is heading in the wrong direction and tough decisions need to be made now. 

True. Seattle gave up two firsts for the guy who basically ruined our night, and they are headed for the playoffs again. Sometimes you just have to take bold measures. 

Been watching the Eagles since '74. Not sure why I stuck it out as a kid because the Eagles were dreadful in the mid-70's. This team is right there with the worst of the worst. Might even be worse than 1976 when the Eagles were 4-10 and QB Mike Boryla threw 14 interceptions. And they are now making me question why I should stick it out any longer in the twilight of my life as I become far more cognizant of the passage of time and the importance of living a quality life instead of watching and supporting such a pathetic product on Sundays. 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t know how well you can fix any of this stuff anytime soon with a GM who can’t draft and has basically saddled this team with bad contracts that leave them in cap hell for at least the next two years. Push out the coach and the GM. Let the new GM hire his guy and let him decide if Wentz is salvageable. If not traded him during or after the 2021season.

I nominate this as the  Post Of The Year.

What you are seeing from the Eagles can't be fixed. It has to be CHANGED, not fixed. The way to change this is right in this post. There is no other way. Kiss Howie, Doug and others goodbye and we start all over again, fresh and new.

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t know how well you can fix any of this stuff anytime soon with a GM who can’t draft and has basically saddled this team with bad contracts that leave them in cap hell for at least the next two years. Push out the coach and the GM. Let the new GM hire his guy and let him decide if Wentz is salvageable. If not traded him during or after the 2021season.

The only way to do it is to get rid of GM and HC, appoint new guys and tell them they have 3 years leash to turn it around, then fire sale whoever you can or take the dead cap hit cutting the dead wood in one hit and build a roster from the ground up based on a clear ethos in offensive and defensive schemes. I think a new coaching team may get a bit more out of what we have, but the underlying roster problems need major surgery.

The other problem we have is the rumours that Lurie and Howie having a say on who plays on game days, that can't stand except where they pull someone from the team because of egregious disciplinary matters, there's no way any HC worth his salt would accept that, frankly I'm amazed Doug hasn't given an ultimatum if it's true, if you can't pick your own players after winning a Superbowl when can you?

It would help if the OL wasn't a pile of stinky krap.

(Yes, injuries.  But we really need to do some better drafting there.)

1 hour ago, Eldereagle1 said:

Been watching the Eagles since '74. Not sure why I stuck it out as a kid because the Eagles were dreadful in the mid-70's. This team is right there with the worst of the worst. Might even be worse than 1976 when the Eagles were 4-10 and QB Mike Boryla threw 14 interceptions. And they are now making me question why I should stick it out any longer in the twilight of my life as I become far more cognizant of the passage of time and the importance of living a quality life instead of watching and supporting such a pathetic product on Sundays. 

My man, take it easy.  it's just sports, it's entertainment.  It sucks when they lose but they won a Super Bowl 3 years ago then made the playoffs 2 years in a row.  You know in Lurie's tenure after a season with less than 6 wins, there have been firings and major changes and they've never had those kind of seasons back to back.  Major change will happen and we'll see how they do next year.

I hope you have a blessed life and find things that you enjoy and take stock of the important things in life and enjoy those.  :-)

8 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

They got it covered, just bring Peter's back. It's worked the past 3 years...

2 hours ago, XoqTionR said:

They got it covered, just bring Peter's back. It's worked the past 3 years...

As Reuben Frank said... I think that JP showed something at RG. He had his struggles but give him a couple of years and they may have something there. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

As Reuben Frank said... I think that JP showed something at RG. He had his struggles but give him a couple of years and they may have something there. 

It's almost getting to be like a real life "Weekend at Bernie's" with Peters. He is done, but they keep propping him up out there.

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

It's almost getting to be like a real life "Weekend at Bernie's" with Peters. He is done, but they keep propping him up out there.

Maybe they can call up Andrews and see if he'll come out of retirement.

Archived