***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

🙄

Idk what this is reference too. If it’s to jrue holiday the numbers don’t lie. that blazers playoff series is the outlier in his playoff career against a team notoriously known to not play defense 

blazers’ series 27.8 ppg, 6.5 asts, 4 boards on 57% shooting. 

All other 7 playoff series 15.2 ppg, 5.8 asts, 4.9 boards on 43%.

Let’s just be honest he much closer in the playoffs to those 7 series in scoring then the 1. So far through 6 games this playoffs: 15.2ppg, 6.6 boards, 8 asts, 47% FG (38-81) and 25% 3pt (6/24). So he has more assists by about 2 and rebounds by 2.7 but scoring roughly the same average ppg as the other 7 series. 

just to point out if jrue can win a title as the second option and no. 2 player on a title team then Ben Simmons this postseason is close to jrue’s playoff averages for his career. so far these playoffs he’s averaging 15.2ppg on 68%, 9.2 rebounds and 9.3 asts and better d than jrue (Simmons career playoff averages 15 ppg, 57%, 8.4 boards and 7.3 asts). Even if you put jrue’s numbers to include the blazers series, his playoff averages are 16.7 ppg on 45.6%, 5.9 asts and 4.8 rebounds. So Ben Simmons this playoffs only trails jrue by 1.5 points per game of jrue’s career playoff average. Basically holiday’s 7 other series Simmons is averaging the same amount of points holiday has. 

This isn’t to bash jrue holiday. I think he’s a very good player. But if you are going to convince me jrue or middleton are going to be the second options on a team that wins a championship then i will disagree that will happen. Middleton played well against Miami last year in the bubble but was bad against Toronto twice as they were eliminated and in this nets series so far. I hope I’m wrong cause i don’t wanna see the nets win a title. 

Suns guards are on another planet when you compare them to campazzo and rivers. Really exposed the nuggets in the second half. Maybe the nuggets make some adjustments but i really don’t see them winning more than a game with those guards playin 30+ mins

How many legit superstars are in the league? 10 to 12 tops and to think Giannis needs another to win a ring is crazy. He needs a legit shooting coach and he can carry a team to the ring. If Bodgan trade went thru this would be a different story

KD, LeBron, Kawhi, Curry, Dame, Embiid, Giannis, AD, Luka, Jokic, Harden 

41 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

How many legit superstars are in the league? 10 to 12 tops and to think Giannis needs another to win a ring is crazy. He needs a legit shooting coach and he can carry a team to the ring. If Bodgan trade went thru this would be a different story

I think you gotta put Young in that tier. If not now, soon. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Where did i say superstar? I said another star. I don’t believe middleton and jrue is enough to put them over the nets even with bogdanovic. Beal is a Star not superstar but a Star that i think puts them way over the top. I can name a couple others. you are currently seeing the bucks get destroyed by nets with just one superstar and kyrie who is a Star and some would argue close to a superstar when he’s been healthy. If they had harden it likely is a wrap on the series. So you believe bogdanovic is saving them if harden was healthy? the nets 4th option when harden is healthy is joe Harris who leads the league in 3 point shooting. And their 5th is Blake Griffin who showed playing in Detroit was more of the problem then his talent being completely gone.  So joe Harris imo is basically bogdanovic plus their 2 superstar and a star in kyrie. That’s the team you have to be better than to beat. Some of this is coaching but some of this is mental for the bucks. Blowing that 2-0 series lead to the raptors then really unraveling against Miami in the bubble and currently sitting down 2-0 to the nets minus James harden 

So if Giannis needs a shooting coach, so does Ben Simmons. You are what you are currently in this moment. Hence why i think they need another star who’s a consistent performer/scorer to alleviate some of the pressure off him against better teams in the playoffs. Giannis has been in the league eight years and he hasn’t done what you’ve said. so there is the possibility he never gets to that point you are saying he could make. You have to play with the current cards you have not down the road he could do that. That doesn’t help you in the now.  

i know the nets have 2 super stars and kyrie who when healthy is a pretty good star. They legitimately might have 3 of the 5 starters for the eastern conference all stars. I’d argue the Suns top 2 is better than Giannis and jrue/middleton with Booker (I’d argue if the Suns organization didn’t run a bad organization the first 4 years in the league people would view Booker much differently) and CP3 and they got AYton who’s emerging these playoffs and bridges who’s PER is pretty damn good (i don’t think they’d beat the Suns— think the bucks are also soft. why they’ve lost twice as the one seed and got blasted in these first two games. I don’t think it’s just coaching as a problem there.), the clippers coming back from down 2-0 could be huge for them and their psyche. I thought they were mentally fragile team prior to that comeback. They had to come back down 0-2 and Dallas took it too them to start game 3. For that team that’s a major thing to come back from, i actually think it’ll help them if they are in a tough spot down the road. Nothing tougher than losing the first two home games and down big in game 3 and scratch and claw to win that series. They have PG and kawhi. Maybe the bucks do that and it is huge for their psyche. I rather have kawhi and PG. kawhi managed to win a title in Toronto with siakam and lowry. I think PG is a better player than siakam who was their no. 2 option that year. If the Lakers didn’t have AD get hurt then they have Lebron and AD. All four of those teams I’d argue have better top 2 guys then the bucks (I’d have said warriors with klay Thompson and Steph but i have no clue what klay is coming off his two major injuries. but id make bet the warriors are going to try to add another star type player this offseason using Minnesota’s pick, their lottery pick, potentially wiseman and Wiggins contract to match salary. So that’s another team they’d have to potentially try to beat going forward). 

Imo the bucks have the same issue as the sixers. Both have 1 superstar and a couple of fringe all stars who are wildly inconsistent in their playoff resumes as the second and third options. which makes me believe they wouldn’t get enough consistency to beat the nets in order to win a title. If they both had another star player (I’m not talking about a superstar I’m talking star type player), i think they would be both considered the favorites to win the title and put them over the top

12 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Kyrie, Zion

Clippers so far look like they have a completely different mentality after coming back in that mavs series twice. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Clippers so far look like they have a completely different mentality after coming back in that mavs series twice. 

spacer.png

That was the epitome of a clippers loss. Have a chance to tie the game with a 3. Have a timeout. Get stuck and don’t use the timeout and have a desperation shot blocked at the end 

11 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Kyrie, Zion

I said superstars, not stars. 

Neither is a superstar. Zion couldn't even get his team to the play in games. 

43 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I said superstars, not stars. 

Neither is a superstar. Zion couldn't even get his team to the play in games. 

I’d argue young, ja and Tatum are stars that likely making the jump sooner than later. I think you could realistically argue Tatum is right on the cusp. His improvement the last three years he’s gone from 15-6-2 to 23-7-2 to 26-7.5-4

I’d argue Booker if he continues to play like he has is on his way as well. 

I’d argue melo was once a superstar but not at this stage of his career. CP3 was close in his prime imo

20 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d argue young, ja and Tatum are stars that likely making the jump sooner than later. I think you could realistically argue Tatum is right on the cusp. His improvement the last three years he’s gone from 15-6-2 to 23-7-2 to 26-7.5-4

I’d argue Booker if he continues to play like he has is on his way as well. 

I’d argue melo was once a superstar but not at this stage of his career. CP3 was close in his prime imo

Tatum needs to become more of a playmaker to reach that lvl and could next year. 

Ja will continue to improve his 3 point shot and then will be one

Trae takes this series to 7 then he is right on the cusp but will need to prove it again. 

1 superstar isn't enough in the NBA.  Look at Curry losing the two play-in games.  or LeBron after Davis got hurt.  2 superstars with some decent role players is completely different.  

As far as the Sixers - they have one superstar and then some very good pieces around him.  It might be enough to beat the Hawks, but I don't know about the ECF. 

5 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

1 superstar isn't enough in the NBA.  Look at Curry losing the two play-in games.  or LeBron after Davis got hurt.  2 superstars with some decent role players is completely different.  

As far as the Sixers - they have one superstar and then some very good pieces around him.  It might be enough to beat the Hawks, but I don't know about the ECF. 

Curry had one other guy on his team that should start an NBA game in Green. The rest of the team is bench or G League dudes. 

They get a Healthy Klay back and could be a top 4 seed again

5 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Curry had one other guy on his team that should start an NBA game in Green. The rest of the team is bench or G League dudes. 

They get a Healthy Klay back and could be a top 4 seed again

I’d add they are likely to use that Minnesota pick, their lottery pick, potentially wiseman and Wiggins (match salary) to bring in another big time player. Credit to them in that russell deal to get Minnesota’s pick either this year or next year it becomes unprotected. 

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d add they are likely to use that Minnesota pick, their lottery pick, potentially wiseman and Wiggins (match salary) to bring in another big time player. Credit to them in that russell deal to get Minnesota’s pick either this year or next year it becomes unprotected. 

They need it this year, can't waste anymore years with Curry

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They need it this year, can't waste anymore years with Curry

I don’t know how klay Thompson comes back from that injury but i see the warriors going all in on one last run though. I think they rather do that then try to build their next dynasty now with those picks while having curry and klay still likely have potentially 3 great years left. Make a splash. Like if you can somehow pry KAT from Minnesota or someone else I’d go for it. Still have a shot to win another title. Curry was outstanding this year. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t know how klay Thompson comes back from that injury but i see the warriors going all in on one last run though. I think they rather do that then try to build their next dynasty now with those picks while having curry and klay still likely have potentially 3 great years left. Make a splash. Like if you can somehow pry KAT from Minnesota or someone else I’d go for it. Still have a shot to win another title. Curry was outstanding this year. 

Klay will never lose his historic shooting but he won't be the defender he once one. 

Grizzlies actually have Warriors pick in a few years and think timing could be perfect for it to convey into something. It was a Iggy salary dump

Traded • Julian Washburn to Warriors for • Andre Iguodala • first round pick (protected top 4 in 2024, top 1 in 2025, unprotected in 2026)

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Klay will never lose his historic shooting but he won't be the defender he once one. 

Grizzlies actually have Warriors pick in a few years and think timing could be perfect for it to convey into something. It was a Iggy salary dump

Traded • Julian Washburn to Warriors for • Andre Iguodala • first round pick (protected top 4 in 2024, top 1 in 2025, unprotected in 2026)

Yeah i tend to think klay offensively is fine. Defensively it’s tough to ask him off back to back major injuries too.

Still think if you can get a combo of warriors 2021 pick, Minnesota pick, wiseman and Wiggins (salary matching purposes— plus team that gets him will be able to use him as an expiring contract) and get another big time player you owe it to klay and Steph to make another run. 

you guys are sitting pretty even if it doesn’t convey in 2024 it likely does in 2025 and good chance it’s top 5 if klay and Steph are done at that point in 4 years. 

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah i tend to think klay offensively is fine. Defensively it’s tough to ask him off back to back major injuries too.

Still think if you can get a combo of warriors 2021 pick, Minnesota pick, wiseman and Wiggins (salary matching purposes— plus team that gets him will be able to use him as an expiring contract) and get another big time player you owe it to klay and Steph to make another run. 

you guys are sitting pretty even if it doesn’t convey in 2024 it likely does in 2025 and good chance it’s top 5 if klay and Steph are done at that point in 4 years. 

Straight up PJ Washington for Wiseman works. Then still wing more 4/5 depth with pick and Wiggins 

Lebrainless and the Lackers were mercifully bounced in the first round, and he finds a way to make himself one of ESPN’s biggest stories again, just by changing his stinking number. Who the f cares? ESPN, apparently.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Lebrainless and the Lackers were mercifully bounced in the first round, and he finds a way to make himself one of ESPN’s biggest stories again, just by changing his stinking number. Who the f cares? ESPN, apparently.

$$$$$

# in Space Jam movie 

• Like 1