***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

55 minutes ago, rambo said:

After a year plus of lockdown it appears fans have forgotten to behave like humans and not a-holes.

But POPCORN!!!

I honestly think the popcorn thing is funny.  Russell Westbrook has a history of reacting like that (i.e. the cell phone incident in Utah).  But when you start having multiple incidents of fans throwing stuff at players, it’s not a good look.  I agree with KD on this.

• Like 1

I’d forgotten about that crazy Philly fan flipping him off. 

1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

I honestly think the popcorn thing is funny.  Russell Westbrook has a history of reacting like that (i.e. the cell phone incident in Utah).  But when you start having multiple incidents of fans throwing stuff at players, it’s not a good look.  I agree with KD on this.

None of it is really funny. Popcorn, racial insults, water bottles. 

Where else in life can you throw popcorn on another man and feel you can get away with it? 

Russ had every right to be livid and want to beat his ass because any fan would cower like a little **** if Russ or another player did confront them face to face. 

It almost seems like an extension of social media where you they think nothing will happen. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

None of it is really funny. Popcorn, racial insults, water bottles. 

Where else in life can you throw popcorn on another man and feel you can get away with it? 

Russ had every right to be livid and want to beat his ass because any fan would cower like a little **** if Russ or another player did confront them face to face. 

It almost seems like an extension of social media where you they think nothing will happen. 

Popcorn is not that bad though.  I consider spitting and throwing a water bottle worse offenses.  I have no problem with fans getting banned and/or criminally charged for any of this behavior.

I just came here to see if the thrown water bottle incident in Boston got as much ire as the popcorn event in Philly.  I don't follow any social media BS, but I remember reading on ESPN.com and on this site (not this particular thread) that LeBron basically went off about the popcorn.  Did he also go off about the spitting and the water bottle?  Did anyone else give the spitting and water bottle as much attention as the freakin' popcorn?  Yes, it's wrong the throw anything at a player, but I think most of us can agree the reason the popcorn got more negative attention than spitting or a water bottle (if that's the case and since the popcorn/spitting was the same night IIRC then the popcorn did get the most negative attention) because, you know,......Philly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

Popcorn is not that bad though.  I consider spitting and throwing a water bottle worse offenses.  I have no problem with fans getting banned and/or criminally charged for any of this behavior.

It's just crappy all the way around. Throwing food on another human being that's just low. Not as low as spit or a hard object but still... being caged up for a year or so doenst make it ok to just chick sheet at other people. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's just crappy all the way around. Throwing food on another human being that's just low. Not as low as spit or a hard object but still... being caged up for a year or so doenst make it ok to just chick sheet at other people. 

I mean, yes.  I agree.  But if I had to pick a food to have thrown at me popcorn doesn’t seem that bad.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I mean, yes.  I agree.  But if I had to pick a food to have thrown at me popcorn doesn’t seem that bad.

spacer.png

I'll have to agree lol

Dame is a freak

Ad, embiid and CP3 walk into a hospital....

Brad Stevens is moving into a front office role with the Celtics.

41 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Brad Stevens is moving into a front office role with the Celtics.

Ainge should be fired tbh. The walker move completely backfired. Heyward showed he wasn’t done and Boston just didn’t want him. Add on Ainge never got them the superstar he promised in a Trade. He got Tatum and brown which is impressive but then he had a treasure chest of picks he acquired and was never willing to trade some of them unless he outright won the trade and every knew it. Instead he acquired walker who imo has always been overrated and the roster began deteriorating and the assets disappeared. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Ainge should be fired tbh. The walker move completely backfired. Heyward showed he wasn’t done and Boston just didn’t want him. Add on Ainge never got them the superstar he promised in a Trade. He got Tatum and brown which is impressive but then he had a treasure chest of picks he acquired and was never willing to trade some of them unless he outright won the trade and every knew it. Instead he acquired walker who imo has always been overrated and the roster began deteriorating and the assets disappeared. 

Hayward wanted out, but to not flip him for Myles Turner because you didn't think he was good was another huge mistake. 

Rozier > Bad Knees Kemba

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Hayward wanted out, but to not flip him for Myles Turner because you didn't think he was good was another huge mistake. 

Rozier > Bad Knees Kemba

Kemba was the killer bad move. Frankly i thought he was overrated with the hornets but once his knee injury happened it was game over. He’s never been close to the same player he was and he has issues continuously with it. For Boston’s sake at least it becomes an expiring contract at the end of next year because they can use that in their favor at that point. Pretty much stuck with him next year unless they take back a bad contract which i don’t see them doing.

hayward they should’ve done a sign and trade like you mentioned. Letting him walk was another bad move. Really on that roster the only good moves Ainge made was drafting brown and Tatum. The sixers unfortunately were made the trade up for fultz. I liked fultz but didn’t like him enough to move up 2 spots giving up what they did when I’d have been fine with fultz, Tatum or ball at three. Really they likely would’ve gotten fultz at three anyway 

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Rozier > Bad Knees Kemba

And Hayward was brought in because he was Stevens guy in the first place. The Celtics have gradually turned into a dumpster fire and Tatum. The next best asset they have is Brown and the rest of the roster isn't great. Their in a similar situation to the 6'ers last off-season and I don't know if Stevens is a Morey type GM that can turn a negative into a positive. 

Just now, Mat said:

And Hayward was brought in because he was Stevens guy in the first place. The Celtics have gradually turned into a dumpster fire and Tatum. The next best asset they have is Brown and the rest of the roster isn't great. Their in a similar situation to the 6'ers last off-season and I don't know if Stevens is a Morey type GM that can turn a negative into a positive. 

Read he was burnt out from coaching so instead of losing him and they knew they had to get rid of Ainge so they lessened the blow. 

• Like 1

That sounds like I don't want to deal with these a**holes anymore and can cut them now instead 

• Like 1

How Kenny Atkinson doesn't have a job is beyond me. Would be a great fit for them. 

1 minute ago, Mat said:

That sounds like I don't want to deal with these a**holes anymore and can cut them now instead 

Aka Marcus Smart 

Ive heard rumors form my friends in the college hoops recruiting and work for 24/7 say Stevens would never go back to college besides Duke. And Duke would call him and try to get him when coach K retired. Wonder if Stevens would bolt Boston for Duke in a year. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Ive heard rumors form my friends in the college hoops recruiting and work for 24/7 say Stevens would never go back to college besides Duke. And Duke would call him and try to get him when coach K retired. Wonder if Stevens would bolt Boston for Duke in a year. 

I have said for a while it is his dream job and K will pick his replacement. 

To me its him or Jon Scheyer

What kind of dope questions are these and players need to continue to call them out