Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Last year Lawrence wasn’t better than Hurts at passing or running, but we can’t wait to get rid of our guy though right? 

Yup.  Lawrence's stats in his rookie year weren't better than Hurts in his second rookie year, therefore they are the same and we should be happy with Hurts.  There really isn't anything else to the story.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Yup.  Lawrence's stats in his rookie year weren't better than Hurts in his second rookie year, therefore they are the same and we should be happy with Hurts.  There really isn't anything else to the story.

Hurts second year stats were better than Wentz 5th year stats, but y’all cried like babies when he left. 😂🤣😂

5 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

He described Aaron Rodgers 

I described the ideal.  I'm not sure Rodgers is quite the ideal, because when push comes to shove...the Packers have not been able to get it done in the playoffs.  

4 hours ago, jsb235 said:

If Hurts plays Friday, the Jets should be a pretty good test. Their defense was bad last year, but they have added two first round picks, two good free agents and get Lawson back from injury. It will only be two series at the most, but if Hurts can move the offense, it would go a long way toward indicating that he has made progress.

Preseason is never a good test.   Reps are better than no reps, but you can't take much from preseason games.   Remember how Sam Bradford lit it up in PS back in 2015?  Yeah... good times.   

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hurts second year stats were better than Wentz 5th year stats, but y’all cried like babies when he left. 😂🤣😂

They drafted Hurts and Wentz was so sad he had to leave. It’s such a sad, sad story.

Poor ginger jesus. Nailed at the cross by evil Jalen to die for Rosemans sins.

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

But yeah let’s go get Rodgers, cause he will fix everything! 

7D4E6DA1-4169-4FD3-AC15-69910F878BB4.jpeg

Bucs have been pretty stacked as a whole even before Brady while Packers haven't

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Preseason is never a good test.   Reps are better than no reps, but you can't take much from preseason games.   Remember how Sam Bradford lit it up in PS back in 2015?  Yeah... good times.   

yes. I was at the Packers game where him and Sproles went off

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Bucs have been pretty stacked as a whole even before Brady while Packers haven't

Look I’m not the guy who is big on this idea that one guy makes all the difference, but the Bucs won seven games before Tom got there. With that being the case Tom has always been willing to take less money for the sake of the team adding more talent to help him win unlike some of these elite guys who get all the money and don’t win crap. 

Tom has been willing to work outside the rules to get his money with the team funneling money to him through his TB12 organization.  He's not some altruistic charity operator.  He got paid, but the Pats found a way to pay him off the cap.  And the NFL looked the other way... just like they destroyed the evidence of the cheating scandal of the early 2000s.  Brady is dirty.

He is dirty but I’d love to have him on our team as he rides out his career Peyton Manning in 2015 style and wins a final SB boosted by our defense…

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

If Hurts could play like Bradford in the preseason, it would be a great sign. We know Hurts can run and generate big plays off platform. The sustainable part is running an offense on schedule and forcing the defense to defend the entire field. 

The problem with Bradford is that he didn't have the big plays with either his legs or his arm. 

Good day for Hurts today.

For the Hurts haters, you continue to whine, but it’s very clear that Hurts is playing at a higher level than Minshew as a pure passer despite you claiming that he is inferior. Strong will be either practice squad or an IR stash unless anything changes dramatically. Hurts will be our QB for the whole of 2022 barring an injury.

For the Hurts sceptics, fair enough, I’m still not convinced either. I’m expecting and hoping he will have a good year in what may be a loaded Eagles team. That won’t mean he’s the guy going forward or worth a big contract. But if he can raise his game a bit we have a chance this year. Can worry about whether he’s the long term guy or not down the road.

5 hours ago, Infam said:

They drafted Hurts and Wentz was so sad he had to leave. It’s such a sad, sad story.

Poor ginger jesus. Nailed at the cross by evil Jalen to die for Rosemans sins.

you're life is a failure, go makeout with eaglephan1986

16 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Last year Lawrence wasn’t better than Hurts at passing or running, but we can’t wait to get rid of our guy though right? 

Some points of note:

Hurt was on his second year while Lawrence was a rookie.

Lawrence had THE WORST Coach in NFL history.

Lawrence had one of PFF's lowest ranked Olines while Hurts had one of the highest.

Lawrence's First Year

3 hours ago, kentwo said:

Some points of note:

Lawrence had one of PFF's lowest ranked Olines while Hurts had one of the highest.

Lawrence's First Year

He knows all this, but it's easier for him to talk without context because when you add context, he falls on his face. 

5 hours ago, kentwo said:

Some points of note:

Lawrence's First Year

To make things fair then, compare their rookie seasons. Lawrence had a higher completion percentage, but Hurts had a higher TD percentage, lower INT percentage, higher QB rating and a much higher yards per attempt --- not to mention more rushing yards and  rushing TDs on fewer attempts . The Eagles O-line was not so reliable in 2020 and the coach was on his way out. This should be a fair comparison. 

In other arguments, people use Hurts' draft position and having come from top college programs as ways to point out his current deficiencies. Lawrence was supposedly the most talented and sure-thing prospect since Luck and had terrific college coaching from a top college. The expectations for Lawrence are higher, but the performance doesn't justify it. 

Before the parrots start misconstruing my stance, I just want to clarify that I support giving young players time to develop. Whether it is Lawrence or Hurts, so long as they are learning, growing and improving, you keep building around that investment. 

21 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Also I wouldn’t consider Mahomes as a mobile quarterback. If he is then guys like Carson Wentz need to be considered too. Daniel Jones is more of a runner than Mahomes.

You wouldn't? Mahomes may not have a lot of yards rushing but to not consider him mobile, moving around in the backfield to avoid sacks?

:huh:

🤣🤣🤣

33 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

You wouldn't? Mahomes may not have a lot of yards rushing but to not consider him mobile, moving around in the backfield to avoid sacks?

:huh:

I think some people confuse when QBs are labeled as "mobile" vs being a "running" QB - some consider them the same.  Mobile QBs have the ability to run when needed but mostly have a pass first mentality and use their mobility more so to buy time in the pocket.  Then you have your QBs that don't really go through their progressions well and end up taking off to break out of the pocket and get whatever yards they can with their legs.  Those are the running QBs.  

On 8/11/2022 at 1:10 PM, brkmsn said:

To make things fair then, compare their rookie seasons. Lawrence had a higher completion percentage, but Hurts had a higher TD percentage, lower INT percentage, higher QB rating and a much higher yards per attempt --- not to mention more rushing yards and  rushing TDs on fewer attempts . The Eagles O-line was not so reliable in 2020 and the coach was on his way out. This should be a fair comparison. 

In other arguments, people use Hurts' draft position and having come from top college programs as ways to point out his current deficiencies. Lawrence was supposedly the most talented and sure-thing prospect since Luck and had terrific college coaching from a top college. The expectations for Lawrence are higher, but the performance doesn't justify it. 

Before the parrots start misconstruing my stance, I just want to clarify that I support giving young players time to develop. Whether it is Lawrence or Hurts, so long as they are learning, growing and improving, you keep building around that investment. 

Exactly this. Hurts was always viewed as a developmental Quarterback. He has grown into a 17-20 starter in this league. A lot of the QBs in this draft that some people were claiming were better options than Hurts (including Strong) will never reach that level.

It makes every sense now to see how he will grow in his second year as a starter, especially now he has been gifted an elite receiver.

Perhaps he has reached his limit, in which case we look at drafting a QB in 2023, but if he does improve and start approaching the top 10, we have a legit shot this year.

4 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Exactly this. Hurts was always viewed as a developmental Quarterback. He has grown into a 17-20 starter in this league. A lot of the QBs in this draft that some people were claiming were better options than Hurts (including Strong) will never reach that level.

It makes every sense now to see how he will grow in his second year as a starter, especially now he has been gifted an elite receiver.

Perhaps he has reached his limit, in which case we look at drafting a QB in 2023, but if he does improve and start approaching the top 10, we have a legit shot this year.

Preseason starts today hurts is the starter for the season you don't have to keep saying this anymore. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Preseason starts today hurts is the starter for the season you don't have to keep saying this anymore. 

Half the board constantly repeat how Hurts sucks and we need a new QB. Perhaps you should tell them the same?

Just now, ManchesterEagle said:

Half the board constantly repeat how Hurts sucks and we need a new QB. Perhaps you should tell them the same?

They know what's going on they just like to argue until someone is right lol

33 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They know what's going on they just like to argue until someone is right lol

Lol - I’m afraid the sensible approach of let’s take stock and reassess after 4 games of the regular season isn’t going to happen!

11 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Lol - I’m afraid the sensible approach of let’s take stock and reassess after 4 games of the regular season isn’t going to happen!

Nope!! We will relive this after tonight even if he doesn't play lol

Archived