ManchesterEagle

Do you want Schwartz to stay in 2021  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Schwartz

• I want him to stay - does a good job with limited talent
    • Not sure - can we get better?
    • I want him to go

Do you want him to stay or go?

People know how I feel. He does a good job with very little investment and scrubs everywhere apart from the D-Line

I'm a little torn.  I don't like the way he coaches the secondary, people complain about the scheme and lack of adjustments. But he's been given garbage talent.  Somehow Slay has regressed. 

But you look at the Defensive line and they have been the strongest total unit on the team for years.  They make up for the back 7 a lot.  So would better talent at LB and the secondary make it work?  That would require a new GM.  

He probably won't even want to stay if Howie stays, he'll go somewhere else.  Then we'll have a chance to see if it was him or the talent.  He was a good DC in the past.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I'm a little torn.  I don't like the way he coaches the secondary, people complain about the scheme and lack of adjustments. But he's been given garbage talent.  Somehow Slay has regressed. 

But you look at the Defensive line and they have been the strongest total unit on the team for years.  They make up for the back 7 a lot.  So would better talent at LB and the secondary make it work?  That would require a new GM.  

He probably won't even want to stay if Howie stays, he'll go somewhere else.  Then we'll have a chance to see if it was him or the talent.  He was a good DC in the past.

I don’t think he stays, but I think it’s probably his choice as you say.

The Eagles have spent 1 first rounder, 1 second rounder and 0 actual 3rd rounders (Douglas and Taylor were compensatory picks) in the past 5 years. That’s not nearly enough and that’s on Howie.

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

People know how I feel. He does a good job with very little investment and scrubs everywhere apart from the D-Line

That is because of his own philosophy. It’s not like Howie said F it all I’m giving you is DTs. Look at Schwartz career, he bases his defense off of the DTs and speedier DEs. LBs are an after thought, which makes him a perfect pair for the Eagles. He also likes safeties. 

A Schwartz position ranking by favorites:

DT

DE

S

CB

Back Up players at those positions

Waterboy

LB

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, MagicMoment said:

He and his sticks defense need to be gone in the 4th quarter of the final game and not a second later. 

Maybe it would be better for him to blitz on the final play of the game. No way anything bad can happen there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

That is because of his own philosophy. It’s not like Howie said F it all I’m giving you is DTs. Look at Schwartz career, he bases his defense off of the DTs and speedier DEs. LBs are an after thought, which makes him a perfect pair for the Eagles. He also likes safeties. 

A Schwartz position ranking by favorites:

DT

DE

S

CB

Back Up players at those positions

Waterboy

LB

No doubt Schwartz prioritises the line, but it’s rubbish to say that Schwartz just wants a decent D-Line and nothing else, which is what Howie has given him.

Last time Schwartz had reasonable talent, he produced a top 5 D,

cant wait for him to go...tired of seeing the cbs and linebackers all 1 yard in front of the first down marker  giving up easy catch and runs all day 

• Like 1

I think he’s doing an okay job with how often we turn the ball over. He’s been handed a crap sandwich

We’ve in the teens on scoring D despite the second worst turnover differential in football. Hopefully hurts shows this

4 minutes ago, Eagles_All_Day said:

He might be the only person to go.

pretty much only by default based on his contract expiring not so much being fired...

• Like 2

Schwartz doesn't put his best players on the field, a perfect example of that right now is this guy Michael Jacquet, dude is a good sized, hard hitting, sure tackling,  ball hawk that can play either safety or corner and he's on the bench in favor Maddox and Mills......I'm like here we go again with this BS.

I have defended Schwartz since he has been in Philadelphia. He has done solid work with limited talent. Yes, he does have some mental lapses that cause people to scratch their head but he doesn't get much help in the back 7. if Doug Pederson can't get who he wants what make yall think Schwartz can. They helped with with Slay but thats it. They continue to neglect the back 7 on defense.

Look at the games this season, how many games has the defense actually cost us a win? Washington (maybe), Rams, Steelers, Packers (maybe). Those maybes are because the offense couldnt sustain drives and kept turning the ball over.

• Like 1

I'm pretty much done with Schwartz and I voted for him to go, sometimes a change is needed just to keep things fresh. I wonder if Jeff Stoutland can take over the DC position if we move on from Schwartz, lol.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

He has done solid work with limited talent.

That's why I didn't vote although I should have because he got rid of too many players that should be on the team right now, evidently he makes decisions on players that has nothing to do with football.

43 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

That's why I didn't vote although I should have because he got rid of too many players that should be on the team right now, evidently he makes decisions on players that has nothing to do with football.

Did he get rid of them or did Howie? Im sure Jim has some say but he doesnt have the final say. The players that left werent that good, outside of Jordan hicks but that appeared to be a money/injury decision (likely from Howie).

• Like 1

I would have no problem if he moved on. But at the same time, I am like 'who replaces him?' Sometimes keeping what you have is better than bringing in something new and unknown.

I go back and forth on this. Overall he isn’t a bad DC, but he absolutely struggles with coverage schemes. No CB will ever look good in this defense. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

We pay as much as any team for Dline. We rush 4 mostly. Yet we never confuse or disrupt a decent offense. We consistently have 7 in coverage yet can’t cover. We develop no one in the back 7. 
He now has a stud corner in Slay. We beat a 2nd string backup TE playing QB yesterday. 

He’s gotta go. 

Although I am not as against Schwartz as most I think it’s time to move on, but I do remember the years of Juan and Billy Davis. I absolutely know it could be a lot worse.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Did he get rid of them or did Howie? Im sure Jim has some say but he doesnt have the final say. The players that left werent that good, outside of Jordan hicks but that appeared to be a money/injury decision (likely from Howie).

Rasaul Douglas and Eric Rowe we sent packing by Schwartz, both were sure tacklers and better cover guys than both Maddox and Mills,

Consider this:  the same crew that brought in 14 offensive coaches for the offense are going to decide the new defensive coaching decisions.

8 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I was done with him after the over time fiasco against the Titans in 2018