EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

7 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Who do you trust more, guys like Howie or Bill O'Brian, which the league has no shortage of, or a Hall of Fame QB?  This stay in your lane attitude is silly 

It doesn't matter who you trust more. Teams hire GM's to be GM's. They hire Coaches to Coach. They don't draft QB's to be the final decision maker. I said be frustrated if they don't listen but to demand they do what you want and if they don't you demand out, its childish. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, greend said:

image.thumb.png.f89bc8467d99c01e08197a7452d9cc53.png

Team fixed. You're welcome :roll:

I love Greg newsome. More I watch him the more I like him. However i have a feeling he winds up in the mid-late second round 

2 minutes ago, greend said:

I'm gonna have Ward do it since we won't be needing his services as a wide receiver anymore.

No you have to take a QB in the second round to get a cheap backup it’s the only way

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

No you have to take a QB in the second round to get a cheap backup it’s the only way

Yup. Otherwise Ward is going to hold out for $10M to be a backup QB.

29 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Only 3 wide receivers?   Why not draft more?  Hell, we drafted 3 this past year.  

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, greend said:

Now I know how Howie feels ya buncha bullies 

O’doyle rules!

spacer.png

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

So QBs today are upset and unhappy because they arent winning SBs all the time like Brady.  Gimme a break...

I've only seen his complaint about protection. Haven't seen him complain about the HC or GM like Watson. Wilson has legitimate frustrations IMO. We don't know what happened with Wentz because he's been silent on the matter. There's so many theories about what happened.

Watson had a HC that was a horrible GM. He then wanted involved in the new GM and HC discussions. I'm on the fence about that situation

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think all these QB's ego's need to get knocked down a peg or two. I get it that it might be frustrating if you pitch ideas about how to improve the offense or what to look for in a coach and the decision makers go in a different direction, but their job is to play QB. They aren't GM's or HC's.

Depends on who it is. If it's a guy like Wilson, Mahomes, Brady, or Rodgers, who are established winners in the league and pretty much the entire franchise, yeah I think they should have more pull and they've earned that right. If it's a guy like Wentz, Watson, or Tannehill, yeah take a back seat and build up more credibility. 

5 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Depends on who it is. If it's a guy like Wilson, Mahomes, Brady, or Rodgers, who are established winners in the league and pretty much the entire franchise, yeah I think they should have more pull and they've earned that right. If it's a guy like Wentz, Watson, or Tannehill, yeah take a back seat and build up more credibility. 

More pull, yea, but still not complete control and final say. Rodgers is a good example, because you know he probably wasn't happy with using a 1st on Jordan Love and certainly wasn't his decision. But instead he doesn't whine and demand out and instead goes out there and wins the MVP. That's how it should be.

6 hours ago, Saltpeter said:

Yep. So much good information. Avant had some especially interesting insight, of which I remember the following:

-- Said that Carson is a net average player with great physical ability who doesn't see the field well in disguised coverages. Said receivers were highly frustrated by Wentz missing reads last year and had to be diligent to stay professional and go all out every play.

-- Implied that Jalen Reagor was a project. The specific line was something like, "I would have taken Patrick Queen or Kenneth Murray with that 1st round pick; you can't use that pick on a project." Considering Avant worked with Reagor, I'd love to hear more about where Reagor started and where he ended up.

-- Believed the team desperately needs a power complement to Sanders. Said something like, "At the end of games and in the playoffs, you usually have to run through people, not around them." Believed that "run through people" mentality applied to WR as well.

His point about Blount helping JP in pass pro was interesting - and citing the need for a bigger back in that scenario will help whoever is at QB.

And also the schematic change from 2017 for Wentz passuing where the ball was out within a second, and last season, it was there forever.

I did like how much of Eagle fan Avant was, but not verging into Tater levels too much.

3 minutes ago, metal said:

It's that time of year again

Time to start the thread in IWTETG 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Time to start the thread in IWTETG 

Despite the fact that he's turning 30, indefinitely suspended, and hasn't had a 1000+ yard season since 2013 I have no doubt there will be "sign Josh Gordon" tweets, posts etc.

4 minutes ago, metal said:

It's that time of year again

He'll be 30 this year. Teams will stop giving him chances soon

1 hour ago, greend said:

image.thumb.png.f89bc8467d99c01e08197a7452d9cc53.png

Team fixed. You're welcome :roll:

Of course, 3 2nd round picks and we make some sort of reach for a bum at LB in the 3rd round.  You suck Howie er...greend!

Just now, metal said:

Kind of surprising.

Yeah, he has been fine since being here. 

5 minutes ago, RLC said:

Johnston is good. Paying a punter is bad and we need cap room. Makes sense.

Especially if they are raising the federal minimum wage

4 minutes ago, metal said:

Kind of surprising.

Its not surprising at all. This has been known for over a month already. Kinda of old news just being brought back up as new. 

3 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Its not surprising at all. This has been known for over a month already. Kinda of old news just being brought back up as new. 

I must have missed it then because I hadn't heard about it.

11 minutes ago, metal said:

Kind of surprising.

So they elected to punt on him and not go for it. 

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Watson had a HC that was a horrible GM. He then wanted involved in the new GM and HC discussions. I'm on the fence about that situation

I think Cal McNair didn’t have the balls to tell Watson to go pound sand when it came to discussions about the GM hire.  Nick Cesario was hired by the Texans more than a year ago to be their GM — everybody seems to forget this.  The Patriots cried foul, and the NFL made the Texans wait one year until Cesario had fulfilled the terms of his Patriots contract.  Everyone knew he would be the GM hire; if Watson didn’t know that, then tough for him.  Watson signed his mega extension after Cesario was first offered the position.

For Watson to whine about not being consulted about HC and GM hires is pure BS.  Having said all that, McNair gave Watson substantial power when he signed him to a contract with a no-trade clause.  The only rational course is to get a list of teams from Watson, trade him to the highest bidder, and rebuild it all from the studs.  They are the Texans, though.

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I think Cal McNair didn’t have the balls to tell Watson to go pound sand when it came to discussions about the GM hire.  Nick Cesario was hired by the Texans more than a year ago to be their GM — everybody seems to forget this.  The Patriots cried foul, and the NFL made the Texans wait one year until Cesario had fulfilled the terms of his Patriots contract.  Everyone knew he would be the GM hire; if Watson didn’t know that, then tough for him.  Watson signed his mega extension after Cesario was first offered the position.

For Watson to whine about not being consulted about HC and GM hires is pure BS.  Having said all that, McNair gave Watson substantial power when he signed him to a contract with a no-trade clause.  The only rational course is to get a list of teams from Watson, trade him to the highest bidder, and rebuild it all from the studs.  They are the Texans, though.

It's very interesting what happens. He definitely wants traded meanwhile the HC wants to keep him. There's also the report that the HC even took the job because of Watson.

The owner let BOB create a huge mess and they're trying to fix it now

Seem familiar? Lol

Archived