EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

44 minutes ago, metal said:

Despite the fact that he's turning 30, indefinitely suspended, and hasn't had a 1000+ yard season since 2013 I have no doubt there will be "sign Josh Gordon" tweets, posts etc.

He’d instantly be the best receiver on our reserve/suspended list. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at Seumalo’s contract thinking he could be extended to lower his cap, and Howie even tacked on two fake voidable years that will leave a dead cap of $2M when he becomes a FA in 2023. 

Howie...wtf?

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I was looking at Seumalo’s contract thinking he could be extended to lower his cap, and Howie even tacked on two fake voidable years that will leave a dead cap of $2M when he becomes a FA in 2023. 

Howie...wtf?

Take the credit card away from Howie. 

36 minutes ago, metal said:

Kind of surprising.

Not really, this is what I was expecting. It would be over $2M to tender him 

32 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Its not surprising at all. This has been known for over a month already. Kinda of old news just being brought back up as new. 

Yea the writing was on the wall when they signed a Punter to a futures deal 

59 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Of course, 3 2nd round picks and we make some sort of reach for a bum at LB in the 3rd round.  You suck Howie er...greend!

Those trades just show this site is a joke. Why waste the time. 

3 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

Those trades just show this site is a joke. Why waste the time. 

Yeah its all fantasy, its a little ridiculous. I will say, I have done these types of mock drafts a few times, and it really forces you to familiarize yourself with the mid/late round players.

PFN mock is one of the more accurate mock simulators in my opinion. It will not allow such trade tomfoolery.

2 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

Yeah its all fantasy, its a little ridiculous. I will say, I have done these types of mock drafts a few times, and it really forces you to familiarize yourself with the mid/late round players.

I have no objection to that. I just can’t devote the time to it like I used to. This is my go/no go year to make partner at a major law firm so I’m working my tail off and trying to cut down distractions. A few minutes here or there to jump on while eating lunch or something are about all I can do. 

I guess I just feel like the mock sites are a little divorced from reality to be valuable to me. Those are like 2004 madden trades. Four first rounders for trotter. To each their own, just not very engaging to me. 

28 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It's very interesting what happens. He definitely wants traded meanwhile the HC wants to keep him. There's also the report that the HC even took the job because of Watson.

The owner let BOB create a huge mess and they're trying to fix it now

Seem familiar? Lol

Culley was never going to get any other HC offers aside from HOU, and he knew Watson was unhappy already by the time he interviewed, much less accepted the job, so that portion can be taken with a grain of salt.

The only reports I’ve heard regarding Watson’s no-trade clause was his list consisted of only MIA and the Jets; then I heard a report he was not interested in the Jets — which leaves only MIA.  Now, if you were the Dolphins, would you be offering up 3 first round picks+, if you knew you were only bidding against yourself?  Heck no, I’d be telling the Texans "We’re committed to Tua and believe he’ll make a jump in Year 2”.  If they get any offer from MIA at all, it’d be a couple of 2nds and a couple of additional later picks.  They did just spend #5 overall on Tua.

Where would that leave Watson and the Texans?  Right where they are now.  If Watson wants out, he needs to add some teams to the list he’ll waive his no-trade clause for.

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Howie finally is going to get his mans 

Is the salary cap going up to $240M?   😂

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Howie about to go all in on a 32 year old QB so we can be ready to compete when he is 35.  

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Howie about to go all in on a 32 year old QB so we can be ready to compete when he is 35.  

Clearly, Wilson would be brought in to back up Hurts.

Just now, DoWorx said:

I don’t understand this at all. He’s been super consistent and punters cost next to nothing. How much will they really save rolling the dice on a rookie? 

1 minute ago, wtfcares said:

I don’t understand this at all. He’s been super consistent and punters cost next to nothing. How much will they really save rolling the dice on a rookie? 

Over a million. Why give a punter a 1 year $2M deal if you are in the first year of a rebuild?

2 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Johnston just wasn’t very good the second half of last season.

1 hour ago, metal said:

Kind of surprising.

Not really. Original round tender is $2,131,000.  Little rich for a punter.  I am sure they have an offer on the table and that he probably wants to test free agency to see if he can better it.  

9 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

You know its a slow news day when...

26 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Ya... except we are about..oh..idunno... 40 million short in available cap and cash. 

• PHI
    Christian Barmore
    DT Alabama
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Trevon Moehrig
    S TCU

• PHI
    Deonte Brown
    OG Alabama
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Eric Stokes
    CB Georgia

• PHI
    Jevon Holland
    S Oregon
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Jordan Smith
    EDGE UAB
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Tylan Wallace
    WR Oklahoma State

• PHI
    James Wiggins
    S Cincinnati
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Paulson Adebo
    CB Stanford

• PHI
    Kylin Hill
    RB Mississippi State

• PHI
    Jaylon Moore
    OT Western Michigan

• PHI
    Cary Angeline
    TE NC State

• 2022 IND 3rd
  • 2022 IND 4th

6 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:
  • PHI
    Christian Barmore
    DT Alabama
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Trevon Moehrig
    S TCU

• PHI
    Deonte Brown
    OG Alabama
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Eric Stokes
    CB Georgia

• PHI
    Jevon Holland
    S Oregon
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Jordan Smith
    EDGE UAB
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Tylan Wallace
    WR Oklahoma State

• PHI
    James Wiggins
    S Cincinnati
    trade icon
  • PHI
    Paulson Adebo
    CB Stanford

• PHI
    Kylin Hill
    RB Mississippi State

• PHI
    Jaylon Moore
    OT Western Michigan

• PHI
    Cary Angeline
    TE NC State

• 2022 IND 3rd
  • 2022 IND 4th

Trying to corner Indy’s draft next year?  Not a fan of Adebo. Angeline is a nice roll of the dice pick. 

4 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I think you're seeing a lot of NBA player tendencies leak into the NFL now. Guys like Anthony Davis and James Harden can dictate when and where they get traded to and the team pretty much just does it. It's a player's league that is essentially run by the stars. The NFL traditionally has not been like that. Owners and GMs typically don't care and they're going to trade a guy for the best return. That's what it felt like Wentz did, even though we'll never really know the behind the scenes to it. Indy was his #1 destination and he didn't want to play for Chicago or anyone else. So he forced his hand. Watson is trying to do the same in Houston, but ownership isn't budging. 

I dont know personally but Wentz doesnt seem like the type that would hold out. Maybe he would.  If the Eagles really wanted to keep him they could have not traded him and said too bad you're playing here.  But like you said , nobody knows the exact situation and the circumstances around it.  There are reports that the Eagles werent happy about trading Wentz.  Not sure if that means they were unhappy about what they got back or unhappy because they wanted to keep him.

Archived