Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, greend said:

Know anyone that would want that job?

Howie?

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

After watching his highlight videos......I think he might make a good Safety. To small to be a NFL LB. 6'1 220?

4 minutes ago, What The F said:

After watching his highlight videos......I think he might make a good Safety. To small to be a NFL LB. 6'1 220?

His height has been all over the place. I've seen him anywhere from 6'1" to 6'3". Guessing we'll get an accurate number at his pro day. I also think he could probably put on more weight since he's only 2 years in at LB from QB. I think he has enough size to play outside LB

23 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

My favorite mid round LB in the draft, in case my mocks have not clued you in to that.

4 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Mamula would have been a stud in a 3-4.  The trade is historically lopsided proven by the meme.  However, Mamula averaged 6 sacks per year over his 5 year stint as an Eagle....the same number of sacks that BG averages.  

BG has had a strange career for sure with the early injuries, the position change,  and the we should have taken Earl Thomas crowd.  But he's also just a likeable guy who's easy to cheer for who also made the biggest play in Eagles history.  He is from a stats standpoint, very average.  

Also, the picks that were traded for Brandon Graham ended up being Dez Bryant, Ed Dickson and Eric Decker.  All 3 of those players had pretty decent careers.  Hate Dez all you want but he was a stud.   Dickson was a TE before his time.  He was very much in the mold of Kyle Pitts at Oregon.  Decker was very good in Denver and NYJ.  

From a stats standpoint though, the argument that Mamula was this huge bust should be buried.  The trade was the bust.  The expectations for him based off the combine and the move to get him also created this next to impossible mountain to climb.  Really would have liked to see him in a 3-4. 

Mamula bust.....BG good career? Eagles legend thanks to SB52. 

Has anyone ever seen a Mamula jersey being worn in recent years? I think it might be funny to wear one at an Eagles game, just.to hear the comments. 

3 minutes ago, pangbun said:

Has anyone ever seen a Mamula jersey being worn in recent years? I think it might be funny to wear one at an Eagles game, just.to hear the comments. 

I got an authentic Mamula jersey my grandma bought me. I’m more than willing to do so next time i go to a game back in philly. 

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Pittsburgh is destined for a 8-8/10-6 1st round exit.

Is Bacarty happy or upset?  

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I got an authentic Mamula jersey my grandma bought me. I’m more than willing to do so next time i go to a game back in philly. 

Is Bacarty happy or upset?  

Thrilled

1 hour ago, greend said:

Know anyone that would want that job?

Nope

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don't understand reports like this.  Calls have been answered.  Does the caller ID say Line 1: Jerry Jones inquiring about Russell Wilson?

Are there other times where Line 1: Jerry Jones just wants to ask about your extended warranty?

That kind of tweet proves nothing, absolutely nothing.  I wonder what the percentage of tweets is that if they were never sent the world would be no different. 

2 hours ago, NCiggles said:

Pretty soon team lawyer will be a roster position given all of the rules.  

Think about how good the Patriots are at knowing the rules so that they know how far they can stretch things for an advantage but also know to push things like the tuck rule.  I don’t know if that is BB or other staff that are charged with have that level of minute knowledge but it works. I suspect it is drilled into the players’ minds in meetings too.

8 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I don't understand reports like this.  Calls have been answered.  Does the caller ID say Line 1: Jerry Jones inquiring about Russell Wilson?

Are there other times where Line 1: Jerry Jones just wants to ask about your extended warranty?

That kind of tweet proves nothing, absolutely nothing.  I wonder what the percentage of tweets is that if they were never sent the world would be no different. 

I think the underlining story in this whole Russell Wilson saga is his wife Ciara. There’s been rumors for a while that she didn’t really want to be in Seattle and she wanted to be in a bigger market where she can do what she does. I think they would’ve included Los Angeles in places he go except they knew the Chargers and Rams were not going to make a deal for him with Stafford and Herbert in place and they wouldn’t trade him to the Rams. Also think San Francisco was eliminated due to being in the division. i’m actually surprised when they put out those four teams that they didn’t include one of the New York teams or even miami. 

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That sounds familiar. Didn't that happen to some QB we know of? :ph34r:

So QBs today are upset and unhappy because they arent winning SBs all the time like Brady.  Gimme a break...

27 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

So QBs today are upset and unhappy because they arent winning SBs all the time like Brady.  Gimme a break...

I think you're seeing a lot of NBA player tendencies leak into the NFL now. Guys like Anthony Davis and James Harden can dictate when and where they get traded to and the team pretty much just does it. It's a player's league that is essentially run by the stars. The NFL traditionally has not been like that. Owners and GMs typically don't care and they're going to trade a guy for the best return. That's what it felt like Wentz did, even though we'll never really know the behind the scenes to it. Indy was his #1 destination and he didn't want to play for Chicago or anyone else. So he forced his hand. Watson is trying to do the same in Houston, but ownership isn't budging. 

I think all these QB's ego's need to get knocked down a peg or two. I get it that it might be frustrating if you pitch ideas about how to improve the offense or what to look for in a coach and the decision makers go in a different direction, but their job is to play QB. They aren't GM's or HC's.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I think all these QB's ego's need to get knocked down a peg or two. I get it that it might be frustrating if you pitch ideas about how to improve the offense or what to look for in a coach and they go in a different direction, but their job is to play QB. They aren't GM's or HC's.

Sorry but with idiots like Howie running the show. I don't blame them one bit

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Only 3 wide receivers?   Why not draft more?  Hell, we drafted 3 this past year.  

I will try harder next time. 😄

13 minutes ago, greend said:

I will try harder next time. 😄

you don't even have a cheap backup QB in one of your second rounds

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think all these QB's ego's need to get knocked down a peg or two. I get it that it might be frustrating if you pitch ideas about how to improve the offense or what to look for in a coach and the decision makers go in a different direction, but their job is to play QB. They aren't GM's or HC's.

Who do you trust more, guys like Howie or Bill O'Brian, which the league has no shortage of, or a Hall of Fame QB?  This stay in your lane attitude is silly 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

you don't even have a cheap backup QB in one of your second rounds

I'm gonna have Ward do it since we won't be needing his services as a wide receiver anymore.

Archived